The Metro Detroit Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That BB American Imperial Stout was amazing at Winter Solstice. Hope it's on tap again for Summer.

That BB American Imperial Stout was amazing at Winter Solstice. Hope it's on tap again for Summer.
They're saying it's aged an extra 6 months and that they're bottling right now. So I guess they found another barrel in the back.

They're saying it's aged an extra 6 months and that they're bottling right now. So I guess they found another barrel in the back.
I suspect they always meant to make these the beers for this release, but who knows? Thank God it isn't TRIPA.

I'm setting the over/under on the 4 pack price at $30.

I'm betting they weren't actually aged any extra. Takers?
I'd wager they were, if only because it's probably easier to store in barrels than store bottles.

For Winter Solstice, there were 300 bottles of each, I believe. Hope there's more than that, otherwise we're looking at 150 4pks.

300 cases. So 1200 bottles. I'm pretty confident they bottled all of it and had leftovers because yeild on all 6 of the winter beers had to be different.

Remember the "2 year bb4d" and how that was a lie? I don't trust them farther than I can throw them.

300 cases. So 1200 bottles. I'm pretty confident they bottled all of it and had leftovers because yeild on all 6 of the winter beers had to be different.
I thought it was 1,200 six packs at winter? Which would make it only 200 bottles of each of those beers.

Who knows? I shouldn't speculate. Besides, drinking taps > buying bottles. Carry on.

I'd wager they were, if only because it's probably easier to store in barrels than store bottles.

For Winter Solstice, there were 300 bottles of each, I believe. Hope there's more than that, otherwise we're looking at 150 4pks.
300 bottles times 12oz is like 28 gal. Are these 30 gal bourbon barrels?

Last edited:
Anyone know anything about ROAK in Royal Oak? I'd never heard of them until this week.

Don't think they are open yet, but look to be pretty close. They are brewing already. Holiday has a few of there offerings.

No, but I found Awrey's corn toast-ums in Michigan City, IN last night in Jalapeno and Maple Bacon flavors and I am really ****ing excited about it. Dem Livonia feels.

Anyone tried any of them?
Had the Powerboat Wit and their Around the Clock session IPA, the wit had a nice flavor upfrot then strange bitterness that came through on the finish and kind of ruined it for me. The session was decent, I would liken it to all day but a bit more watery and lighter hop bitterness. Worth trying but nothing that will blow you away.

Who is going for bottles/tas and who is only going for taps Saturday?
This 9am bottle release has irked me to no end. Totally planned to skip bottles and show up for 11. Now there will be 2 hours after bottle release kicks off for people to settle up and storm the bar for tables and chairs. **** all that.
Now debating showing up for bottles.
Just a question of what time.

#kuhnhennd
#again

Not sure you have to worry about finding a table at 11, if last year is any indication. It was super mellow all day on Saturday last year, even with bottle release being at 11am opening.

I plan on going Friday, but not sure on Saturday yet.

Who is going for bottles/tas and who is only going for taps Saturday?
This 9am bottle release has irked me to no end. Totally planned to skip bottles and show up for 11. Now there will be 2 hours after bottle release kicks off for people to settle up and storm the bar for tables and chairs. **** all that.
Now debating showing up for bottles.
Just a question of what time.

#kuhnhennd
#again

I plan on doing a drive-by just before 9 and seeing what kind of ****-show is going on. That will determine if I buy bottles and stay or come back at 11 for taps. I am done with their poor planning...so I am OK with not coming back at all if that need to be the case. They honestly have done nothing to blow me away.

*Disclaimer: I live two miles away...so going at 9 and then coming back at 11 is not a big deal.

I plan on doing a drive-by just before 9 and seeing what kind of ****-show is going on. That will determine if I buy bottles and stay or come back at 11 for taps. I am done with their poor planning...so I am OK with not coming back at all if that need to be the case. They honestly have done nothing to blow me away.

*Disclaimer: I live two miles away...so going at 9 and then coming back at 11 is not a big deal.
Yeah, I'm not quite so lucky. But I'm an early riser so I may be stupid and go wait in line.

Will probably go for the bottle thing to help make it an early day for us. Family party starts at 3 so we shouldn't stay at solstice any later than 5 and that is really a drop dead time that means no other pop ins. May leave earlier to swing by the Schmeadery or B Nektar because less hot/crowded/visiting friends.

Did they post it early last year? I'm not sure they did. I thought they Just put everything on at 4pm and word trickled out.

It's a safe bet they will have some good things on, so best bet is just to show up and start drinking.

Did they post it early last year? I'm not sure they did. I thought they Just put everything on at 4pm and word trickled out.

It's a safe bet they will have some good things on, so best bet is just to show up and start drinking.
I mean yeah I understand ive been going for years, just would be nice to have an idea what to look forward to? I guess I'll just show up and start drinking if that's what you think I should do!

Back