The Metro Detroit Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While u r here grab some Schramms ...if ya r into that crap :)

Buddy in LA is in the Schramm club or whatever and poured me Black Agnes. It was titties to say the least. I'll keep eyes peeled.

Buddy in LA is in the Schramm club or whatever and poured me Black Agnes. It was titties to say the least. I'll keep eyes peeled.
There is a bottle shop by kuhnhenn I think they should have some bottles ??? I could be wrong...help me out guys

There is a bottle shop by kuhnhenn I think they should have some bottles ??? I could be wrong...help me out guys
Champagnes on 13 Mile between Van Dyke and Mound or Napa Valley at 15 Mile and Mound. I think you mean Napa Valley as they have a solid mead selection.

Champagnes on 13 Mile between Van Dyke and Mound or Napa Valley at 15 Mile and Mound. I think you mean Napa Valley as they have a solid mead selection.
Yeah that's it...I'm not sure but that's prob his best bet. I dunno if u can be in metro detroit and NOT get Schramms. Sinner!!!!

Yeah that's it...I'm not sure but that's prob his best bet. I dunno if u can be in metro detroit and NOT get Schramms. Sinner!!!!
0cb3ef6e1d30edc0038eaa58f90b507c_xlarge.jpeg

You guys inspired me to just hit up Schramm's tonight. And probably B. Nektar. Thanks Jb123 lemme know if you might swing by there tonight, or One Eyed Betty's.

You guys inspired me to just hit up Schramm's tonight. And probably B. Nektar. Thanks Jb123 lemme know if you might swing by there tonight, or One Eyed Betty's.
very very wise in my opinion, b nektar can be hard to find if you use a gps....just turn on wanda and go straight, you will see signs. its in a warehouse type building. this is a waste of info if u have been there but my gps got me all screwed up the first time i went there.. i will get at ya if i venture out!!!:)

very very wise in my opinion, b nektar can be hard to find if you use a gps....just turn on wanda and go straight, you will see signs. its in a warehouse type building. this is a waste of info if u have been there but my gps got me all screwed up the first time i went there.. i will get at ya if i venture out!!!:)

Wiseness of decision confirmed. Had an awesome time learning about mead and Schramm's from Naegerbomb and Debbie. Would go back again infinite times/would suggest stopping by to anyone in from out of town. I will be singing their praises for quite a while.

Had the flight with Mambo in your Mouth, Plum, and Nutmeg, added Statement Reserve and Heart of Darkness, and tasted the Ginger, Peach, and the Statement as well. The cheese plate paired perfectly. I would call myself a happy man right now. See some of you tomorrow at Witch's.

Wiseness of decision confirmed. Had an awesome time learning about mead and Schramm's from Naegerbomb and Debbie. Would go back again infinite times/would suggest stopping by to anyone in from out of town. I will be singing their praises for quite a while.

Had the flight with Mambo in your Mouth, Plum, and Nutmeg, added Statement Reserve and Heart of Darkness, and tasted the Ginger, Peach, and the Statement as well. The cheese plate paired perfectly. I would call myself a happy man right now. See some of you tomorrow at Witch's.
If you ever need a Schramms fix, hit me up.

BTW, Where are you golfing in MI?

If you ever need a Schramms fix, hit me up.

BTW, Where are you golfing in MI?

Will do! Unfortunately, golf wasn't on the agenda in Michigan as I didn't have time to fit it in. I need to come back next summer and do a proper Michigan-only golf and beer/mead trip. I played the U of M course quite a bit when I was there for undergrad, and I would have liked to play it again if I had time. Heard there are some crazy beautiful courses up north, and I know Oakland County has some amazing tracks as well.

So it must of been you that gave Debbie that Chocolate Rain she posted on Instagram!

I will be at Witch's Hat today if you wanna meet up. I'll buy ya a pour.

So it must of been you that gave Debbie that Chocolate Rain she posted on Instagram!

I will be at Witch's Hat today if you wanna meet up. I'll buy ya a pour.

They were too gregarious, informative, and hospitable for me not to leave them a beer. Guilty as charged. I'll see you at the Hat. I'll be in a ratty LA Kings snapback and a Hakeem Olajuwon t-shirt. And I'll buy YOU a beer.

They were too gregarious, informative, and hospitable for me not to leave them a beer. Guilty as charged. I'll see you at the Hat. I'll be in a ratty LA Kings snapback and a Hakeem Olajuwon t-shirt. And I'll buy YOU a beer.
It's a deal. We will each buy each other a beer and accomplish nothing other than drinking delicious beer. Works for me!

Howabout the $15 for KRE? (edit: 2012 vintage)
Its also $5 for Sillier and Shillings.
Hey, no cover charge, bands, games, fun crowd, awesome beer available.... ponying up for a great time is no big thang.

Howabout the $15 for KRE? (edit: 2012 vintage)
Its also $5 for Sillier and Shillings.
Hey, no cover charge, bands, games, fun crowd, awesome beer available.... ponying up for a great time is no big thang.
Yeah I agree, just kills me sometimes it's 5$ for 5 oz then full pours for what 8$? Guess I'm just bored and bitching :)

Ok...so now on to our friends up north sinice no one in Ohio has seen any in about a year or more. Is any 3F oude geuze floating around anwhere? Since the last time I had any I've grown an appreciation for the style and really need to get a cellar started. Pretty please?

(Sorry about last weekend. And the 29th. Maybe the wolverines will get Harbaugh next year though.)

I honestly cannot remember the last time I saw 3F on the shelf anywhere in Michigan. We finally got Tilquin (back) though! Woo!

Lets hope this dissuades lines haha. I'll still make a handful of KRE purchases as I usually do. But dropping over a g on something like KRE? crazy.
I assume anyone buying 3 cases is muling for people. If you have a large group of people that want it, I could see where someone could purchase upwards of 30 bottles.

I assume anyone buying 3 cases is muling for people. If you have a large group of people that want it, I could see where someone could purchase upwards of 30 bottles.

Yea i guess this solves the muling for muling problem too. 3000 bottles should last the day right?

I honestly liked it. What's so terrible about it?

Completely unbalanced: Needed WAY more chocolate malt, still thin for a BA Stout, and any and all possibility of flavor was trumped by the habanero at the end...Obviously this is just my opinion, but I don't see how people like this beer (and don't get me started about the base beer which is even worse).

Back