The Metro Detroit Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also really wish they’d sell singles but I guess that would hurt them since there’s a 50% chance they **** up the taste of something

I wanted that BA stout, but not at $9/12oz.

Helluva beer, though.

tenor.gif

Anyone got a Panther Cub (or two) to spare for a feller who was out of town during the release?
I hate dipping my toes into the FB groups. I feel dirty.

Also, anyone have any interest in a Utopias? I'm still working on mine from a couple years ago. Got the latest one and not sure when/if I'll get around to it.
I have a bottle for you, but won’t have them by the Kuhnhenn release ☹️

Oh wow. Hadn't heard that. Who did they outsource the canned stuff to? Brew Detroit?

I can't say for sure who brewed it for them, because I don't know,.. however, the details lie in the packaging of the cans. I hear the cans say brewed and canned in Detroit, not Warren or Clinton Twp, & then the other clue is the full wrap carriers... does Brew Detroit package with these?

I can't say for sure who brewed it for them, because I don't know,.. however, the details lie in the packaging of the cans. I hear the cans say brewed and canned in Detroit, not Warren or Clinton Twp, & then the other clue is the full wrap carriers... does Brew Detroit package with these?

Does it taste better? If so sign me up cause kuhnhenn forgot how to make this **** for a few years now

On the Brew Detroit website, it lists Kuhnhenn as one of the brewers for which it does contract brewing.

What does that say about the production/canning facility Kuhnhenn has (had?) at the newer location? Is it all gone?

On the Brew Detroit website, it lists Kuhnhenn as one of the brewers for which it does contract brewing.

What does that say about the production/canning facility Kuhnhenn has (had?) at the newer location? Is it all gone?

Last time I was there the windows to the production facilities were blocked off‍. Did think the cans were pretty close to the original, but it has been soooo long, so who knows

after a couple of failed attempts in trading, any Detroit area folks feel like muleing a 4 pack or 2 of bb4d? Can return the favor with Chicago area stuff

Last edited:
Last time I was there the windows to the production facilities were blocked off‍. Did think the cans were pretty close to the original, but it has been soooo long, so who knows
Wondering if they sold off the equipment and opted for contracting brewing.
Getting printed cans is silly. Then again. Kuhnhenn.

after a couple of failed attempts in trading, any Detroit area folks feel like muleing a 4 pack or 2 of bb4d? Can return the favor with Chicago area stuff
i can probably help out--shoot me a pm if you're still looking

I'm going to be in Port Huron for 5 days or so around Christmas. Any recommendations for breweries or bottle shops close by? I'm going to want to get away from my family for a bit, I'm sure.

I'm going to be in Port Huron for 5 days or so around Christmas. Any recommendations for breweries or bottle shops close by? I'm going to want to get away from my family for a bit, I'm sure.
You’re not too far from the lesser known but still fun to visit Superior Lakes Meadery.

Kuhnhenn updates:

still everything left from solstice except vanilla 4d.

Apparently they don't charge tax on the add on bottles.

I paid for a 5oz pour of 2016 american imperial stout, which appears to be an entirely new beer, and received approximately 14 oz of it. It doesn't say barrel aged but it sure as hell tastes it and it's great regardless.

There are three different eisbocks for sale?

Latest posts

Back