So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5th batch going in the carboy, a stout off 2nd runnings from barleywine...... OK 3 batches and 2 partigayles, but still 5 fermenters will be going...... yay the pipeline is getting back up to snuff after a year and a half off!

I brewed 5 gallons of T-Can and Bearcat's Wheaten Beatdown all grain from Northern Brewer!

I just finished grinding the malt. I wish I had my outdoor electric boiler built because it's hot in the house today and we don't have air conditioning.
Four gallon recipe:

6.5 lbs American pale ale malt
18 oz. corn flakes
1 oz. Cluster hops @ 60 minutes
.5 oz. Cluster hops @ 5 minutes (I may substitute Willamette or Santiam)
US-05 yeast

I started the mash about 15 minutes ago. Smells great already. I hope I don't get in trouble with Mrs Z for starting so late and heating/smelling up the house close to bedtime.

My Legends Never Die (I didn't name it) Saison is in the fermenter with a blow-off and it's crankin'! Added dry hop addition to Belgo Paleo in secondary. Good beers on the way for late Spring/Early Summer...and beyond.

IMG_20150502_220912268.jpg

Brewed a batch Friday night, added the raspberries yesterday, and moved it to the basement today. 7 weeks away from heaven.

Finally brewed something that wasn't a saison or sour.

Brewed up a real low gravity English Mild with 1099 Whitbread.
Gonna make a nice beer back for a glass of whisky.

I'm thinking I'll brew my new recipe of my whiskely stout next weekend. I just need spring water & grains for that one. I also need to get of me arse & send out that bottle of kottbusser. Just gotta see if I have the right size box.

Making a European style lager. Simple recipe with thoughtful hop additions.

Lautering in progress. FHW are in. So far everything has been FLAWLESS.

Recipe:
19lbs Best Pilz
1lb Melanoidan

90 min boil - looking for 1.054 OG and 35 IBU

FWH 1.5oz Magnum
30m 0.75oz Saaz
10m 1.25oz Saaz
10m 0.5oz Magnum
0m 2oz Saaz

Mashed 30 mins at 147
10 minute step
Mashed 20 mins at 158
10 minute step
Mashout 10 mins at 169

Lots of fresh healthy Danish Lager Yeast.

Water is RODI bumped to 0.65g/G CaCl2 and 0.05g/G NaCl. No sulfates.

IMG_2538.JPG

IMG_2539.JPG

Whipping up a 5 gal "quickie" batch of Biermunchers OctoberFAST Ale tonight. Wife is returning from PA and tomorrow and Sunday are honey-do days

Chilling a Columbus/Citra/Amarillo IPA now. Two boil overs, so there go my bittering hop calculations :eek:

5 gallons Jamil's blonde ale. Cooling to mid 60s in swamp cooler. Will pitch tonight. The basement is still in the low 60s thank god.

Got a couple things knocked off the honey-do list just now. Too hot to brew till Wednesday when it cools off.Then it stout time. I'm considering doing a hybrid lager in the 6 gallon Better Bottle.

Got a couple things knocked off the honey-do list just now. Too hot to brew till Wednesday when it cools off

We had a weird Canadian air mass roll in...high has been 53 at 4 AM.

Knocked out my Tarrytown Rusty Brown Ale but had some challenges switching back to my conventional 3-tier after my stove-top BIAB experiments over the winter. Crush was a bit off and did not quite hit may efficiency and also overshot my volume.

Trying to knock out a beer every weekend until I run out of fermenters and kegs are full and I am forced to bottle a 10 gallon batch.

We had a weird Canadian air mass roll in...high has been 53 at 4 AM.

Knocked out my Tarrytown Rusty Brown Ale but had some challenges switching back to my conventional 3-tier after my stove-top BIAB experiments over the winter. Crush was a bit off and did not quite hit may efficiency and also overshot my volume.

Trying to knock out a beer every weekend until I run out of fermenters and kegs are full and I am forced to bottle a 10 gallon batch.

Same here, trying to get the kegs filled while I have a nice fermentation temp going and don't have to keep changing ice bottles.

It's been like summer here in the east the last few days.

It's gonna be 80F+ till Wednesday, when the temps go down to 58F. So I'll wait till then to brew my whiskely stout.

That is no reason not to brew. After 4 1/2 years you should have some sort of temp control..You spend more time talking about when you may possibly brew than actually brewing.First it is too cold in the winter now it is too warm.. So you don't brew in the the winter and now you don't brew in the summer... BS

If I waited until the temp was perfect I would have never hit over 200 brews. I may only have brewed a few times like you.

Back