So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nuttin to do nowhere to be, might as well. Haven't brewed anything for months and all tapped out, just need to pop at the gas station to get a fresh gas bottle. There seems to be enough hops in the freezer for one go, just that I haven't marked one of the bags so gonna be a mystery brew :D

Planning my raspberry vanilla cream ale but I’ve been “planning” to brew for 2 months now but life keeps getting in the way, so we’ll see.

About 5 minutes from lautering another "hot" beer for a friend. This one will get habaneros instead of jalapenos, and anxiously waiting to see how much color I get from the home-roasted crystal.

EDIT: Turned out a beautiful clear amber, tastes great even though I don't like the heat.

Last edited:
Going to get my grains crushed for tomorrow's brew session. Going to be an Amber rye ale that I have named "Red Rye-erson" after the character Ned Ryerson in "Groundhog Day".

I’m brewing a 15 gallon batch of American IPA (rev. #9) today.

10 gallons of this batch will be served at an event at a golf course to people in the construction industry. My boss asked if I can also label some bottles with the company’s name for us to hand out as well. Should be interesting since I am not a golfer but I do like beer and construction!
Cheers [emoji482]

IMG_0582.JPG

It’s a double mill day.

57737026392__D4719CC6-75D7-4BA6-94D7-D770C7DA8C24.JPG

Brewed my 3rd rendition of NEIPA and next weekend, a nice light summer lager for the upcoming warmer months!

It was a weekend filled with brewing! Got to help on a club test batch of a steam beer for our local brewery, House 6. Then I had an Easter brew day yesterday and brewed up a honey apa. It was a good weekend indeed!

Saturday I will finally get back in the saddle, I will be brewing a simple pineapple sour.

50/50 2-row and wheat mixed-fermented (MTF "Reverse Kettle Sour")with WLP644 and OYL605 with pineapple puree added and a tincture of tangerine peels and vanilla beans to make the fruit pop and hopefully give a good mouthfeel.

I have been researching stepping up my game as far as water goes...this time I will just use 5 gallons of distilled water to 2 and a half gallons of my tap water and will actually measure/adjust the mash pH to 4.2 to ease myself into water chem.

Well thats right on target. I'm pretty sure there is no more activity. My best guess at the OG is between .055 and .061 (.061 is target) It's pretty hoppy and I'm pretty happy. :)View attachment 621144
Update:
I will say I was way off with me guesstimate ABV. Not even two in and I would not drive right now.

Of course, I'm only 5' tall so there's that.

Wasn't going to brew this weekend (gee a lot of my posts start with that) but the Mosaic Pils keg kicked last night, and there's a pound and a half of that green hoppy goodness in the freezer just begging to go into a beer (not all of it, that would be silly). Might even sneak in a brew night tonight (Thursday) as work is dead slow and I should be able to bail about 2:30.

Wasn't going to brew this weekend (gee a lot of my posts start with that) but the Mosaic Pils keg kicked last night, and there's a pound and a half of that green hoppy goodness in the freezer just begging to go into a beer (not all of it, that would be silly). Might even sneak in a brew night tonight (Thursday) as work is dead slow and I should be able to bail about 2:30.
I'm brewing tonight before my wife and I leave for Charleston, SC for our 12th anniversary. I will post about the brewery I will take her to and rate my favorites.

My neighbor helped me install a new well pump a few weeks ago and he saved me a ton of money. I brew 10 gallons (two corny kegs when I brew) and I told him I would brew him any beer he wanted and give him a five gallon keg, to thank him. He requested a nice pale ale like a Sierra Nevada. So I am going to brew him a clone of that classic pale ale with a few tweaks and some whirlpool hops this Saturday! Might call it Nearly Nevada!

John

Tomorrow is brew day for me! Doing version 4 of my NEIPA. Really want to get this recipe dialed in. Scaling up to a 14g batch. (going to try and push this new brew system to the limit!) Will have > 2lbs of hops by the time I'm done dry-hopping... Am I crazy??

I'm brewing tonight before my wife and I leave for Charleston, SC for our 12th anniversary. I will post about the brewery I will take her to and rate my favorites.

No brewing for me tonight, work got stupid and I'm stuck here another hour. Oh well, epic brewday planned for Saturday!

just put my pot on the stove to heat up my strike water...just going to do an ultra light, 100% pale malt, i was lazy and didn't deculm all that good though, not sure how light it actually will be...and i plan on tossing in a couple ounces of chinook hops for 60 min.....

Brewing my “In the pines” pale ale right now. It’s become the house ale, so this is my fourth round. It’s pretty simple, with a nice balance of Rye, munich, caramel 60, and some chinook and simcoe, which gives a slight pine flavour. When I can find them I also add spruce tips.

Going to brew up a cold fermented Czech lager on Saturday; will be the second go-round for my S-23 yeast, which always does better on 2nd to 4th generations. New WF lager is almost ready to tap (somebody has a bit of a hangover this morning from sipping on it last night, still a bit green) and toasts will be raised to the Force.

Version 3 of a simple NEIPA today. 2 grains (and a touch of flaked wheat) 2 hops (ctz and Citra) and 2 yeasts in 2 different fermenters.

Back