So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot break is aliiiiiiive!
20190302_174100.jpg

I’m brewing a Pale Ale tomorrow. It will be my fist time adjusting my water. This will also be my 1st time double dry hopping a batch of beer. Soooo looking forward to it tomorrow!
Cheers [emoji482] .

Brewed a no-boil NEIPA today in my new AMCYL 10 gal kettle. Went well. Heated 4 gals of water to ~160F to pasteurize, mixed in 6 lbs of Briess Bavarian wheat DME, and whirlpooled 60g of CTZ for 20 minutes (starting at 155F and letting it drop as the whirlpool continued). After the whirlpool, chilled to 65F, transferred to a bucket, and pitched a packet of S-04 dry. Fingers crossed!

After the no-boil NEIPA yesterday (happily bubbling away rn) I'm brewing a 3 gal batch of "Do You Even Yoga, Bro?" my golden milk-inspired British golden ale w/ turmeric, cardamom, cinnamon, black pepper, honey, and lactose.

Last edited:
Aiming to make a Sour "Moon Unit" IPA on Sunday. Mixed fermentation with Swanson pills for the lacto and a dry hop of 2oz Cashmere/2oz Zappa/ 1oz Galaxy/ 1/4 oz Mosaic hop hash. We will see how she turns out.

I am supposed to be dry hoping my APA this weekend but my Simcoe hops are hanging with Fedex right now. Oh well, I need to finish off two kegs to make room anyways. [emoji482]

Just put to bed a Jalapeno Amber Ale brewed by request of husband and one of his buddies who is sponsoring this brewday for half of the results. I personally can't stand this style but, hey, it's a brewday! And found a reason to trash one of the old fermenting buckets which will be completely unusable after this brew....didn't want to get my nice 6g plastic carboy infused with peppers. And since this one will be the first brew in a looooong time that will get bottled, have a perfect excuse to brew something for ME next weekend. Gonna be either a nice Centennial blonde or a quick trip to LHBS for special B and do another version of the Bastard which is a house favorite.

Am excited to brew for the first time in a little over a month. With the birth of our newborn on 2/28, I had brewed two long-aging beers at the beginning of February just in case parenting was hard and I wasn’t able to get back into it. Well, the baby is super chill, that Pilsner is ready to transfer to the keg, and the imperial bacon maple porter is sitting at room temp on oak; so it’s time to brew!

Up on deck - my first brew with Mecca Grade Estate Malts. Going for a malt-forward wheat beer, 4lbs white wheat 4lbs pale ale.

I start my vacation on Friday and hope to brew twice. I will need to brew my competition brown ale so it can be ready to judge by 5-19, and then a red ale with flaked rye (1st time using rye!). This will be back to back on Saturday and Sunday. Then, who knows... Maybe a 3rd brew later the following weekend.

I guess this will be a 'brew-cation'!

Planning to do a red rye IPA tomorrow. Inspiration for this beer was to showcase Idaho 7 hops, but I'm adding some citra as well as I've heard numerous times that it's a great pairing. Now I need to get drinking the stuff I already have to free up a space for it!

Planning to do a red rye IPA tomorrow. Inspiration for this beer was to showcase Idaho 7 hops, but I'm adding some citra as well as I've heard numerous times that it's a great pairing. Now I need to get drinking the stuff I already have to free up a space for it!
I used comet with Idaho 7 (technically named '007') and had fantastic results.

Weekend started early this AM as I'm doing another batch of my imperial chocolate stout...

stout_15mar2019_01_sm.jpg

Pre-boil was on the money for an eventual 11 gallons of 1.107 OG to the fermentors...

[edit] Done and done - one point on the high side :rock:
House is all full of chocolate, coffee and roasty notes. Love it!

stout_15mar2019_03.jpg

Cheers!

[edit] I posted that second pic - and noticed I hadn't fit blow-offs to the stout yet! Whoops! Dodged a bullet!

Last edited:
Getting the grains crushed for my next two brews, a blonde stout and an American brown ale that will be submitted for a brew club competition. When I get home from a very busy day I will get my yeast started.

I will brew tomorrow and Monday. Then a nap is in order.

Just mashed in on another batch of house lager; heeding judges' comments from last competition, this one will get bittered with Chinook with some late Crystal additions for flavor and aroma. Only negative comment I got was the balance was on the sweet side and could use a bit more bittering hop. Amber from last weekend is about ready to crash, since it's going to get bottled I'm stopping it at 1.020 so might not have to use priming sugar. At least that's my theory and I'm going to try it.

Back