So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is my first time brewing it, looking forward to tasting!
Thanks for the idea.

A774-BBB3-DFEF-4-E4-C-A053-CC17-DA009012.jpg

I am drinking my very last drop of homebrew :( Belgian Tripel brewed Feb 2018, a 10% abv schnoker. The bowl glass distorts the image, but it is bright clear after sitting all this time.

I brewed a NEIPA last weekend, still a couple weeks away from it being carbed in the keg. I might have to go buy some beer...

Whoops, this wasn't the drinking thread... I cropped up some Wyeast Boh Pils for next weekend's 10 gal German Pils brew. Just separated the pitches for each carboy and put them in the fridge a few hours ago. Cool to see the yeast stratifying as it settles down. I didn't want to add 1.75L of starter beer to my lager, so I'm waiting for the slurry to settle and brewing next weekend.

I used to brew this beer all the time. Just haven’t in a while to experiment with other recipes. It is truly excellent!

All done and equipment cleaned and put away. Hit all my numbers so was an enjoyable brew day. This will be my second brew where I am adjusting my water profile. The first beer was fantastic so looking forward to this.

Wednesdays IPA off to a slow start but knocked out almost 20 points in the last day. Dry hop tomorrow, keg Monday. Will be naturally carbonated by day 7 or 8.

Mashing what I'm calling a Mosaic Pils this morning. Hops weren't supposed to get here until Monday, but the postman dropped them off yesterday afternoon. I already had the grain milled for what was going to be a WF lager (7lbs 2 row, 5lbs pilsner) so I'm running with it, and will ferment on Nottingham instead of the S-23 I bought for it. Haven't had any Mosaic for months, looking forward to this one.

Keep us posted on how brew day goes! [emoji482]
Note to self...
Start brewing earlier.

It was almost 1am by the time the brew was racked into fermenter. What a fiasco! Long story short ... I had to adapt and overcome. I was pretty tired for the last few steps so when I finally crawled out of bed at 10 the next morning and the beer was as calm as could be I worried that I screwed something up.
Woke up this morning, at a more reasonable time of 7am, and there she was..... airlock bubbling and hungry little yeast critters swirling around gorging themselfs.
Guess I didnt screw up TOO bad.

Note to self...
Start brewing earlier.

It was almost 1am by the time the brew was racked into fermenter. What a fiasco! Long story short ... I had to adapt and overcome. I was pretty tired for the last few steps so when I finally crawled out of bed at 10 the next morning and the beer was as calm as could be I worried that I screwed something up.
Woke up this morning, at a more reasonable time of 7am, and there she was..... airlock bubbling and hungry little yeast critters swirling around gorging themselfs.
Guess I didnt screw up TOO bad.

Yup, that's why I brew in the AM. Slept in and got up just before 5 AM, started the water heating, ground the grist and doughed in before 6 AM. Milked the goats, fed the kids (4-legged), and brewed my coffee before unwrapping the kettle, and removing the grains. Hit gravity pre- and post- boil, a slight bit over in volumes by about 100 ml give or take. Chilled and started my yeast vitality starter with a bit of the wort. In the fermenter and coming back up to pitching temp. All-in-all a fairly calm easy day for me.

Waiting to come up to a boil on a double decoction Vienna Lager. Wanted to start earlier but needed to run to the store for supper items.

Ok, my first post, and my first brew day yesterday. Chose a Stone IPA extract kit. Purchased an unused Big Mouth deluxe kit off Craigs list. Made a starter yeast with Omega British Ale VIII. OG was 1.070. Went ahead and purchased yeast fuel with the Stone kit. Wort began fermenting like crazy after 6 hours with foam coming out the bubbler and lifting the lid, so switched to blowoff tube, duct taped the lid to the fermenter and moved it to the basement to avoid the wife's scorn over a the potential mess on the closet carpet. Watching the crazy yeast activity in the fermenter is an amazing site to behold! It's been 27 hours now into the fermentation and the CO2 production has tapered off to a consistent release of bubbles. Basement temperature is 61F with fermenter at 66F. I'm assuming I should move the fermenter back upstairs to the 68 to 70F closet soon and switch back to the bubbler?

Saison today. Was planning on a 4am gym session but a few Saisons last night changed my mind, up early brewing in my gym gear haha. I’ll go later today with all the gorillas

I’m brewing my first American Barleywine this weekend.
I’m thinking about putting half the batch into a used bourbon barrel. [emoji848]
Hummm..I'd be thinking putting the whole damn thing if you got it! Save the yeast and brew a regular if you want and dump on top.

This weekend I plan brew Wheat Stout.

Still thinking whether to include flaked oats at beer with 40% wheat?
Flaked barley or oats is main ingredient of stout, but wheat is not.

2nd iteration of my doppelbock this weekend. Not often I brew 2 weekends in a row, but last weekend and this one are both long-term projects, so no need to rush through the current beers on tap.

Back