So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going to brew a saison on Sunday. Get my starter going today to pitch in 36 hours. Then I have to inspect all of the brewing equipment.

Impromptu brew session. Kegged my pils yesterday, and figured what better way to use a nice fresh yeast cake than to turn around and pitch it to fresh wort.

OG (°P) 14
FG (°P) 3.2
Barke Pils 20.00%
Barke Munich 69.00%
CaraHell 4.00%
CaraMunich II 6.00%
Acid Malt 1.00%
Magnum 18 IBU

3 lager brews in under 4 weeks now.

Wasn't going to brew until next weekend but LHBS proprietor found a cap for my autosiphon that he gave me for free so I felt compelled to buy something. 10lbs of pilsner, 3 of which with the 11lbs I had left of 2 row is in the tun now which will be the first warm-fermented lager I've done in a while. Can't do a traditional cold lager since ale in the ferment fridge, so will give this a shot. Cascade hops will go in at 60 and 15.

Going on a brewing tear over the next handful of days, gotta get three batches in the pipeline.
Started with one of our favorites today which went very well indeed.
Will be doing a Galaxy neipa next, then my big ass stout...

juicy_bits_2.jpg

Cheers!

Halfway thru my boil on my spring saison. Just had to re-enter ALL of the data in my brewing app because I must have stupidly hit the delete button instead of the save button.

D'oh!! But I did get it all recorded again for posterity. Whew! What would the world be like without my brew data??

Getting ready for the weekend. Got my yeast staters going. I decided with all my new brew house capacity and with the ferm chamber to keep ramping up and plan on double brew days from here on out. I will be brewing 22 gallons in two 11 gallon batchs. Helles munich german lager and a Row 2 Hill 56 simcoe pale ale.

Doing a pale ale on Sunday. Trying out some Ephphany craft malt I just purchased as the base. Amarillo and cascade hops. 5.5 gal batch. US-05 yeast.

I've now got Sunday free to brew... and torn. I have a few recipes built that I want to try out... I'm giving myself until tomorrow afternoon visit to LHBS to ponder it!

Supposed to be in the 40's in my area this weekend, so planning to do a rauchbier on Saturday.

I'm going to try my hand at a Brut IPA. Never done one before but it looks interesting . Only late additions of hops and a special enzyme added when pitching the yeast.

We have yet another have a blizzard coming our way so I'm probably going to spend it brewing Graham Wheeler's Sarah Hughes Dark Ruby recipe. I have my starter ready to go, just need the wife's blessing to stink up the apartment!

Back