So what do you guys do besides brew (pics encouraged)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sim race on iRacing.com Motorsport Simulations, Ive got 300 dollars in my chassis and 250 in my wheel, pedals, and gear shifter and it all races right over the internet. I've run about 8 races with Dale Earnhardt Jr., he is a big supporter of sim racing.

cockpit.jpg

[youtube]wwkTDWxuwTg[/youtube]

Its alot of fun and the racing is intense.

This is what I do for fun.....
33y1jrt.jpg

She got her boobie autographed.

55lzkh.jpg

Bicycling

dwwhsy.jpg

Smoking and BBQ

r2nedl.jpg

Fishing.....this pic is already here in TxBrew's Fishing thread.

Hmm, I gotta get a new camera. My digital died. Mostly gardening, cooking, salami making, preserving. But gardening has become more of a way of life than a hobby really. I'd say the majority is food oriented. Oh, mushroom hunting, mycophagy, hiking, camping. Hobbies are limited now though with the wee ones. Online gaming was on there at one point, as were like a bajillion things that I fall in and out of sync with. I don't really 'stay' with one thing for very long.

Most recently, I went on my honeymoon in Japan.

Tokyo Tower

Kegon Falls in Nikko

Maiko (Geisha) Toshiyui, SWMBO and me. I had quite a bit of sake in this photo.

Himeji Castle

610x.jpg

On the weekends I compete in StrongMan contests. Just kidding, I watch redskins football, read redskins related websites, shop for redskins related merchandise and I love to cook new things on my grill/smoker.

This is what I do for fun.....

dwwhsy.jpg

Smoking and BBQ

Hey Thats the El Cheapo Brinkman, Correct? I have one of those. Did you do any modification to your coal pan? I am having a hard time keeping my temps up and read if you drill some holes and add a grate to your coal pan it helps a lot.

Apart from too much video gaming and TV I do mostly music stuff. I play bass (like half the people on here it seems).

My last band is here.

MySpace.com - Brown Ranch - SANTA ROSA, California - Indie / Experimental / Post punk - www.myspace.com/brownranchband

The new band is still putting together a set.

gig2.jpg

Here's my current rig with some fat bloke taking up space in the shot.

BassRig3.jpg

I also built a small two room recording studio a few years back where my last band recorded the songs on the MySpace page. Right now it has home brew in it.

SSStudio-1.jpg

I also straighten sheet metal on my buddies dirt track race car. This is the old car.

DSC06200.jpg

I fish once a year these days, love taking my kids to see local bands, run the soundboard at church, don't cook as often as I used too, neglect my SWMBO terribly, not to mention the dog. I just don't have time for softball anymore!

I'm involved with the local 1880's Vintage Recreation Base Ball Club, I'm one of the teams "Tally Keepers." And probably next season I will train as ref. We wear period clothing. Here's a pic from a recent newspaper article. If you squint, I'm the guy in the huge straw hat sitting at the table with the checkered table cloth to the left of the bat barrel.

7165_512.jpg

That is quite possibly one of the coolest things I've ever seen! I just sent a link to vbba.org over to my buddy. Thanks Revvy!

I never played the bass, used to beat the drums, now i drink and play with guns. I had no intention of rhyming this, must be the magic of drunk...

Drinking beer and playing with guns.
Two things not to do at once.

And they let me write lyrics, some of them are as good as that. Oh yeah baby! :rockin:

I play bass a little bit.
I like to mod my car (when I have the money to do it)
I really like to go on sunday drives out in the country (even if I'm doing 80 in the twisties)
fish when I get the chance
boogie board (and occasionally try to surf) emphasis on the try.
but it seems most of my time is taken up by school at the moment.

Travel (especially road-tripping really long distances) and Photography. Also: spending way to much money on lenses, hiking gear, and brewing supplies/gear.

I used to travel in persuit of breweries and beer festivities, lately I travel to places just to take photos :-D I'm very close to actually making some side money off of it, which I am excited about.

I also like designing beer lables, reading, hiking, cooking, and...finding new hobbies. I want to start making soap and cheese.
I would post pics but work has all pic-hosting on lookdown, maybe later :)

Usually this
BashattheBeach2007-42.jpg

this
Fairlane-04.jpg

or this (another '63, destined to be a drag car but I can't seem to find a good photo)
FairlaneDragCar-03.jpg

I also SCUBA dive, ski, snowboard and drink copious amounts of beer.

I'm into travel photography:

manhattan_from_brooklyn.jpg

And an unusual hobby... I love the pipe organ:

st_patrick.jpg

I collect classical organ CDs, and I was a church organist in high school. I haven't played in years. It's not an instrument that fits in your house easily! :cross:

If you are ever near Atlanta, swing by the Fox Theatre and check out The Mighty Mo, in case you haven't already...

Nice. I have heard recordings made on that beast, but never seen it, I've only been to Atlanta once and that was just passing through...

The Wanamaker (world's largest functioning) is on the list too, in Philly...

Maybe I could do a photo tour and pub crawl, and get all my hobbies in together in one trip. :p

And an unusual hobby... I love the pipe organ:

st_patrick.jpg

I collect classical organ CDs, and I was a church organist in high school. I haven't played in years. It's not an instrument that fits in your house easily! :cross:

My wife is an organist in her spare time. She has, at various times, been the interim organist at our church.

She actually studied the organ for a year after doing her undergrad work. She apprenticed at the National Cathedral in DC. She's quite good, but I'm biased.:D

tournament catfish
fishing all together
river jet boating
hunting
four wheeling ( drag race dirt and sand ) just running the mt sides
hanging out with the family camping, hiking, etc.

sorry at work no pics.

Besides anything to do with beer I'm a nut for paintball playing it all over the globe whenever I get the chance. It's the chief reason why I don't have any extra money for brewing supplies.

I also fish, play hockey and lacrosse, and golf my ass off.

2903093573_9c38c76fdd.jpg

1879138939_25fe8c9ae5.jpg

When I'm not brewing I spend a lot of time here and designing brewing equipment...

perspective.png

Brouwerij_der_Boerderij_Kabouter_1.png

I also like to spend time in my hosen with my lovely wife.... while drinking homebrew:

n8615375_45740350_1533.jpg

Then, sometimes I smoke grains in my smoking jacket...... while drinking homebrew
IMG_0861.jpg

Back