New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

ClaudiusB

Reaction score
Nice looking pint. I don't understand the totem pole of cans. Is this target practice? 🤔 enlighten me please. Looks fun though if guns may be involved lol.
Maypole tradition
I am a German beer brewer, beer drinker, and decorate our Maypole with German beer cans.
I like your idea to use those cans for target practice at the and of May for another celebration.

Last edited:

monkeymath

Reaction score
View attachment 728556

Dunkelnacht Doppelbock along with the cigar I didn't get to smoke at sea for reasons.

Both were consumed and enjoyed thoroughly.
I usually hate Doppelbock - or really any bottom-fermented Bockbier, for that matter -, but last night I had one that I truly enjoy: "Asam Bock" by Weltenburger Kloster. I don't know if it's available where you live, but I recommend it!

I was curious about the neologism "Dunkelnacht"; a google search led me to an eponymous novel about the last days of the Third Reich. Is that a reference of some kind? Or did you come up with that word yourself?

30_Ounce

Reaction score
9542A336-F249-421D-B071-F4E79C1D8D1E.jpeg
My Pilsner brewed about 6 months ago. Delicious! Not as good as my previous batch which used tettnanger hops for bittering. This batch I used Magnum. Didn’t think bittering hops made much difference but this changed my mind.

danylp91

Reaction score
Riwaka , Nelson, Citra IPA ....via Dgallo (see recipe) ABV 6%...yeast Tormodgarden (fermented @92F) bottled carb @ 1 week with LalBrew CBC-1.....
I don't know if this is a brilliant hazy IPA or a dog...I can't determine!View attachment 729470
I did the exact same recipe but with Talus hops and Skare kveik and also fermented on 33°C (~92°F) and mine is exactly as hazy as yours. You didn't do anything wrong, the high fermentation temperature we use for kveiks helps the proteins form new bonds and stay in suspension,. As the recipe contains a fair amount of wheat, it also has high protein content.

Docod44

Reaction score
My first homebrewed NEIPA. All-extract, no boil recipe and I threw in an eclectic mix of random hops I was trying to get rid of. Whirlpooled with bravo and idaho 7, dry hopped at high krausen with Amarillo and Centennial, added a second dry hop charge at day 4 of Amarillo, Azacca, and Mandarina Bavaria. It tastes like Newman's Own orange mango tango juice!
20210518_181042.jpg