New England Esque IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ziggy and I plan to brew a batch next weekend. Looking at a Sulfate:chloride level of about 0.8 (sulfate 82 : chloride 107). How does that compare to what everyone else does?

I've had most success right around 120 Cl to 60 SO4. So despite not really liking looking at Cl:SO4 ratios as opposed to actual ppm, exactly what he said ^ :p

I like to brew one every once in a while, but like JCastle said, there are plenty of other styles I prefer. Plus they're expensive as **** to brew.
Super expensive. Outside the US I'm paying up to $70/lb for some of these hops (particularly Galaxy, Nelson, Enigma... Mosaic and Citra are closer to $40). At 2-3 lbs/BBL for dryhop I'm looking at some crazy expensive beer.

I've discovered the secret to the hazebro is a 30 minute boil, leaving behind polyphenols and fermenting on the upper end between 68-72 degrees to avoid diacetyl. No need for raw grains in the grain bill. It's all polyphenols...and of course utilizing myrcene/humulene steeps.

I've discovered the secret to the hazebro is a 30 minute boil, leaving behind polyphenols and fermenting on the upper end between 68-72 degrees to avoid diacetyl. No need for raw grains in the grain bill. It's all polyphenols...and of course utilizing myrcene/humulene steeps.

And here I thought the secret to hazebro was canning it and trying to trade it for lambic.

Back