Maryland

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Believe I saw a Fall 2013 at a local store will check in the next few days and get back to you.

That would be amazing! Where are you in Maryland?

Also looks as if Nouveau Rouge #4 is in house consumption only....boooo I wonder if that was the same for #3?

That would be amazing! Where are you in Maryland?

Also looks as if Nouveau Rouge #4 is in house consumption only....boooo I wonder if that was the same for #3?
It's in house consumption at the pub. It will go into distro like all the others in a week or two. Let me know if you have trouble locating Nouveau 3, I might be able to track one down for you.

Looks like after Fall 2013 and Nouveau 3, the only one you won't have is Natural Selection #2.

It's in house consumption at the pub. It will go into distro like all the others in a week or two. Let me know if you have trouble locating Nouveau 3, I might be able to track one down for you.

Looks like after Fall 2013 and Nouveau 3, the only one you won't have is Natural Selection #2.

Sounds good. Thanks for the heads up. I will let you know!

I actually had Natural Selection 2 and drank one or two and sent a couple out too, so I completely even forgot about that.

Anyone going to Maxs this Thursday April 30th to meet Jerome Owner/Brewer of BFM in Switzerland? Looks like a sweet beer list.

Anyone going to Maxs this Thursday April 30th to meet Jerome Owner/Brewer of BFM in Switzerland? Looks like a sweet beer list.

Keep an eye out to see if the event is still on. Hopefully the worst of it is over in Baltimore, I saw Max's closed early at 6pm yesterday for the safety of their employees. Smart move on their part.

Sounds good. Thanks for the heads up. I will let you know!

I actually had Natural Selection 2 and drank one or two and sent a couple out too, so I completely even forgot about that.

I had Menagerie #5 this past weekend and it's held up very well. Fantastic beer...

This batch of Double Duckpin is on point. Picked up a case at PP tonight. Already drained two cans.

Well that answers my ? of whether this has hit shelves again. But what does PP stand for, is it in Baltimore ?

Well that answers my ? of whether this has hit shelves again. But what does PP stand for, is it in Baltimore ?
Perfect Pour. I think it is considered Elkridge. Defintiely not in Baltimore proper. The batch I bought was canned 5/12/15.

I agree, it's super potent, had a can yesterday. Also, Old Pro is super good. Reminds me of Evil Twin Nomader Weisse but with better balance.
Union is the only brewery in MD that I'm genuinely excited about. I can't think of another.

Evolution and Burley Oak have plenty of potential. Burley Oak bottles are generally overpriced and Evolution hasn't hit a homerun in in a while. Lot 6 and Rise Up are very good. Would like to see them bring more new stuff around like they did with the Nouveau Rouge and migration series.

Stillwater is decent for sure. Last few releases haven't really done it for me.

Last edited:
I agree, it's super potent, had a can yesterday. Also, Old Pro is super good. Reminds me of Evil Twin Nomader Weisse but with better balance.

Just had this and picked up a 6 pack. Really tasty!

Union is the only brewery in MD that I'm genuinely excited about. I can't think of another.

Evolution and Burley Oak have plenty of potential. Burley Oak bottles are generally overpriced and Evolution hasn't hit a homerun in in a while. Lot 6 and Rise Up are very good. Would like to see them bring more new stuff around like they did with the Nouveau Rouge and migration series.

The new Winter Migration 2014 and Nouveau Rouge 4 is out

Union Old Pro is excellent. I've tried a couple goses over the past, and this one is my favorite so far. Haven't tried westbrook yet though.

My favorite gose so far. I prefer it over Westbrook and the handful of others that I've tried. Will be buying a case next time it drops. Hopefully it is consistently good as I heard there was an off batch a few months ago.

My favorite gose so far. I prefer it over Westbrook and the handful of others that I've tried. Will be buying a case next time it drops. Hopefully it is consistently good as I heard there was an off batch a few months ago.

Is this their first time canning it? I only saw it at one store when i picked up my cans. I know they've had it rotating on draft, but have never seen it canned.

Hey guys, I'm visiting Baltimore w/ my SO this weekend. Coming down Friday afternoon and leaving Sunday evening.

She went to college in Baltimore, and has been into craft beer for years, so she knows a lot of spots, but she moved to NJ a few years ago, so she has admitted that her intel may be old. We'll definitely be going to Union, Stillwater/Of Love and Regret, Pratt Street (O's tickets on Sunday), Alewife, Max's, Birroteca, and maybe a DuClaw location on our way in or out of town.

So yeah, hit me with your suggestions, or tips! Staying in Bolton Hill/Mt. Vernon area, but not at all confined to that area. Definitely looking for a solid bottle shop(s) too.

Hey guys, I'm visiting Baltimore w/ my SO this weekend. Coming down Friday afternoon and leaving Sunday evening.

She went to college in Baltimore, and has been into craft beer for years, so she knows a lot of spots, but she moved to NJ a few years ago, so she has admitted that her intel may be old. We'll definitely be going to Union, Stillwater/Of Love and Regret, Pratt Street (O's tickets on Sunday), Alewife, Max's, Birroteca, and maybe a DuClaw location on our way in or out of town.

So yeah, hit me with your suggestions, or tips! Staying in Bolton Hill/Mt. Vernon area, but not at all confined to that area. Definitely looking for a solid bottle shop(s) too.

Hah I'll also be in Baltimore this weekend. Wine Source is a good bottle shop.

Mahaffey's and Hudson Street Stackhouse are solid beer bars.

Stop into State Line Liquors on your way back home. You will not be disappointed.

Union has been putting out some really great stuff recently. As for stillwater, i can't justify the price of their beers and serious lack of "six-pack lineups". Also, I've never really had anything from stillwater that made me go "god damn that's good!", unlike union, which has surprised me with a few of their draft only beers.

Hey, did you guys know Jester King distributes to Maryland?

Because I just left State Line Liquors with bottles of Ambree and Petit Prince. Which is always nice.

I just checked seek a brew,which was updated 2 days ago and they definitely don't distribute to MD. Those bottles were sold illegally, but who cares haha

I just checked seek a brew,which was updated 2 days ago and they definitely don't distribute to MD. Those bottles were sold illegally, but who cares haha

So where have you bought jester king in MD?

Seekabrew also shows that JK doesn't distribute to NY or NC, which they absolutely do, albeit in very limited quantities. Considering how many excellent beers are available in and around Baltimore, it's not at all bizarre that JK would distribute to Maryland. I just wasn't aware that they did.

State Line is an enormous, and well known store. They aren't some janky-ass bodega. I really don't think they'd sell something illegally when the selection they provide legally is impressive enough on its own. And if they were selling it illegally, they're doing it wrong, because it was actually much cheaper than a lot of the far less exciting beers on the shelf.

So where have you bought jester king in MD?

That's not the point I was making. SeekABrew is a crowd sourced website. It should not be used to confirm what is or is not sold through legal means. You can ask the man who created it. He's on Talk Beer (FalconA).

Based on finding Jester King at State Line, seedavid could email SeekABrew's site administrator and likely have it updated. I've done that before when the site was still relatively young.

Weird **** happens all the time. Max's occasionally has Crooked Stave available in bottles. That's not reflected on SeekABrew. Obtained through legit means? Don't know, don't care.

IIRC,Total Wine is the only store in Maryland to carry Clown Shoes. Pretty weird, but accurately reflected on SeekABrew.

ElkSherpa - quick question - do you know if your beers are beginning to see distribution in MD? Is it possible?

That's not the point I was making. SeekABrew is a crowd sourced website. It should not be used to confirm what is or is not sold through legal means. You can ask the man who created it. He's on Talk Beer (FalconA).

Based on finding Jester King at State Line, seedavid could email SeekABrew's site administrator and likely have it updated. I've done that before when the site was still relatively young.

Weird **** happens all the time. Max's occasionally has Crooked Stave available in bottles. That's not reflected on SeekABrew. Obtained through legit means? Don't know, don't care.

IIRC,Total Wine is the only store in Maryland to carry Clown Shoes. Pretty weird, but accurately reflected on SeekABrew.

ElkSherpa - quick question - do you know if your beers are beginning to see distribution in MD? Is it possible?

I just found it unlikely that jk would be sold in MD. It's a ***** to start distribution because of all the legal hoops you have to jump through (ie. Bells is just now startin distribution here, when every surrounding state has had their beers for a long time)

I figured this would be bigger news! Some of the most sought after beers in the country if not the world
Agreed. Thought this would have been talked about more.

Petit prince is a great low abv beer. Wasn't a fan of Ambree. Not a beer I'd personally lead with when introducing the brand to a new state.

Jester King is available in MD legally. Not a large selection as of yet, nor mass quantities, but it is here.

If that's the case, then state line is the only store that gets it. Hopefully we can start seeing some jester king stuff in the baltimore/DC area. I know Max's was selling some bottles behind the bar at the last belgian fest

To echo everything said here, SeekABrew is updated entirely from email traffic so it is undoubtedly wrong (in both directions) in many of these cases of "one time only" or "single store" distribution which I've been seeing a lot of recently. Given the state-wide level of granularity, I would just ask anybody submitting updates to consider whether it would cause more confusion than good to add an association (although use of "limited/regional" hopefully sets the right expectation). That said, if there is definitely something missing, send an update email! [email protected] JM03

To echo everything said here, SeekABrew is updated entirely from email traffic so it is undoubtedly wrong (in both directions) in many of these cases of "one time only" or "single store" distribution which I've been seeing a lot of recently. Given the state-wide level of granularity, I would just ask anybody submitting updates to consider whether it would cause more confusion than good to add an association (although use of "limited/regional" hopefully sets the right expectation). That said, if there is definitely something missing, send an update email! [email protected] JM03
Thanks for the info!

Well how was it?

It was nice. They were pouring Iris and Iris Grand Gru, had bottles of Classic Gueuze for sale for a VERY reasonable price, and some 3F bottles for sale as well. I snagged a Golden Blend, and tried to get a Framboos, but alas, they ran out of those just before we got there.

It was nice. They were pouring Iris and Iris Grand Gru, had bottles of Classic Gueuze for sale for a VERY reasonable price, and some 3F bottles for sale as well. I snagged a Golden Blend, and tried to get a Framboos, but alas, they ran out of those just before we got there.

Damn, if i had known about the event, i would have stopped in early friday evening! Hopefully they have some bottles of cantillon gueuze laying around, i might stop in this week and get one, since max's is pretty much the only place to get it in the area.
How was the iris grand cru? And how much did the golden blend run you?

Back