Maryland

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, if i had known about the event, i would have stopped in early friday evening! Hopefully they have some bottles of cantillon gueuze laying around, i might stop in this week and get one, since max's is pretty much the only place to get it in the area.
How was the iris grand cru? And how much did the golden blend run you?

I actually preferred the regular Iris to the Grand Cru, but both were still definitely quite good. And the Golden Blend was $40, which was fine. I was on vacation, haha.

How much were they charging? Kept seeing people say 'reasonable', but I recall during the last event I saw you at they were charging $30 for Classic. That **** isn't real reasonable.
Yeah it was $30 again which is somewhat reasonable but much more than what you would be ordering from a belgian shop. I didn't buy any...

How much were they charging? Kept seeing people say 'reasonable', but I recall during the last event I saw you at they were charging $30 for Classic. That **** isn't real reasonable.

I managed to snap classic 375 ml for $18.
If it was 30 bucks, it had to be for a 750 ml, which is almost spot on.

Yeah it was $30 again which is somewhat reasonable but much more than what you would be ordering from a belgian shop. I didn't buy any...

I managed to snap classic 375 ml for $18.
If it was 30 bucks, it had to be for a 750 ml, which is almost spot on.

To be fair, I'm used to paying NYC prices for Cantillon, so my concept of "reasonable" might be a little skewed.

BTW I picked up a bottle of jester king at state line liquors today. It was only $9

I believe JK distributes sporadically via Shelton bros, which explains why you might be seeing them on shelves here and there.

I believe JK distributes sporadically via Shelton bros, which explains why you might be seeing them on shelves here and there.

Was definitely a pleasant surprise. Someone had mentioned it earlier in the thread which I had disputed so I wanted to let everyone know.

Anyone hear about Manor Hill Brewing? It looks like a Hill Farmstead type operation, barn house brewing. Located in Howard county, and it's supposed to open up soon. Looks like max's is introducing a few of their selections on draft on July 7th. I'm pretty excited to check them out once they open.

http://www.manorhillbrewing.com/

Anyone hear about Manor Hill Brewing? It looks like a Hill Farmstead type operation, barn house brewing. Located in Howard county, and it's supposed to open up soon. Looks like max's is introducing a few of their selections on draft on July 7th. I'm pretty excited to check them out once they open.

http://www.manorhillbrewing.com/

I haven't heard very good things yet, but I'll be sure to try some of their stuff if I come across it. I wonder what their distro plans are like.

I haven't heard very good things yet, but I'll be sure to try some of their stuff if I come across it. I wonder what their distro plans are like.

I was really hoping they don't suck. They want to try to use locally sourced grains and hops, but that can be a problem because locally sourced material sometime just isn't that good.

I was really hoping they don't suck. They want to try to use locally sourced grains and hops, but that can be a problem because locally sourced material sometime just isn't that good.

Exactly. I've had enough of fellow homebrewers' local, homegrown hops to know how hit or miss it is.

Has anyone had any Manor Hill offerings? I've had their Citra DIPA, which was very good and their saison which was solid

Has anyone had any Manor Hill offerings? I've had their Citra DIPA, which was very good and their saison which was solid
I have only had the Citra DIPA, also, which I really enjoyed. Looking forward to more of their beers.

I tried their IPA yesterday. It was just okay, but better than the initial reports I heard from their Max's event a couple of months ago.

Gents - headed to Maryland (flying into BWI), and headed towards the Solomons area. Wondering if there is a shop you can point me towards that on the way besides The Perfect Pour.

Union Craft Brewing, Burley Oak, Heavy Seas, Stillwater, and Evolution. Just to name a few

Union Craft Brewing, Burley Oak, Heavy Seas, Stillwater, and Evolution. Just to name a few

Ahh, should have been more specific. I meant recent releases or something special that just made its rounds. Thats a good list and I have taken back beers from just about all those brewerys before.

Ahh, should have been more specific. I meant recent releases or something special that just made its rounds. Thats a good list and I have taken back beers from just about all those brewerys before.

I second double duckpin.

If you like sours, Burley Oak released a dry hopped sour (Sorry Chicky) that's very good. As well as old pro gose from Union.

I'd also give Red Sky at Morn (Chardonnay barrel aged Imperial saison) by heavy seas.

What beer styles do you like?

I like the sours suggestions, I'll give them a shot. I did pick up Red Sky at Morn about 3 weeks ago when I was passing through, but haven't drank it yet. Have had double duckpin which is fantastic. Was looking for the Solar Abyss while I was there a few weeks ago but couldn't find it anywhere. I pretty much drink anything, but when I travel most of the time I try to grab stuff that can sit a little while since I don't know when I'll get around to drinking it.

Solar abyss is gone until next year. Will apparently have a different name then too

I like the sours suggestions, I'll give them a shot. I did pick up Red Sky at Morn about 3 weeks ago when I was passing through, but haven't drank it yet. Have had double duckpin which is fantastic. Was looking for the Solar Abyss while I was there a few weeks ago but couldn't find it anywhere. I pretty much drink anything, but when I travel most of the time I try to grab stuff that can sit a little while since I don't know when I'll get around to drinking it.

Not sure if you get sixpoint, but their Imperial coffee Porter 4 beans just hit shelves. Full tilts berger cookie stout and evos rise up stout are great as well

Also, weyerbacher released their 20th anniversary beer. A Belgian dark strong Ale that was great

If you take rte. 2 all the way instead of I-97 to rte. 2, there's also Dawson's in Severna Park and Fishpaw's in Arnold that have good selections. If you can't get them in TX, bottles of DFH 120min and Worldwide stout are always good choices to age for a few years. Nothing limited release is coming to mind right now. If you stop at Dawson's just look at the row of beers behind the counter - they keep the limited stuff back there. Fishpaws' limited stuff is on the top shelf behind the counter in the corner.

Not sure if you're originally from this area or care at all about the Orioles/Cal Ripken Jr., but Heavy Seas just released a limited beer called Fielder's Choice in honor of the 20th anniversary of his 2131 record. It's just a lager but a cool collector's item.

Thanks everyone for some suggestions. I'll be shopping tonight on my way south.

Cheers fellas!

If i can find you two more tilquin bottles, you send me Jester King stuff. Deal?

Deal. Tilquin, Cantillon, Boon, De Ranke Kreik for some JK and/or other texas goodies. I'm sure we can work something out.

Edit: Sours, Wild Ales, fun stuff from northwest that I can't get. Excited to try that Allagash just as much as the Tilquin....

Back