Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Summa_Brewologica

Reaction score
(Is there not an entire liquor section in this forum?)

I’ve always been a whiskey guy. Particularly scotch and bourbon. Not sure why but I just felt compelled to buy this Remy Martin 1738. Never delved into brandy or cognac but man…what have I been missing all this time??? It has an extreme version of that Christmas spice that I love in a good sherry bomb scotch.
Any other cognac/brandy recommendations? Particularly more affordable ones? Anyone else try any liquor they never cared to try and it turn out to be awesome?

I had always been a bourbon or whiskey guy, but had never had Irish Whiskey until we visited Ireland and I fell in love with it. I got into making cider to break my $100 per month Irish Whiskey habit, but still love a Whiskey Ginger once in a while.

(Is there not an entire liquor section in this forum?)

I’ve always been a whiskey guy. Particularly scotch and bourbon. Not sure why but I just felt compelled to buy this Remy Martin 1738. Never delved into brandy or cognac but man…what have I been missing all this time??? It has an extreme version of that Christmas spice that I love in a good sherry bomb scotch.
Any other cognac/brandy recommendations? Particularly more affordable ones? Anyone else try any liquor they never cared to try and it turn out to be awesome?

Courvoisier is a nice and reasonably-priced cognac. You can usually find it for around $25. I like to sip one neat on a cool night. Hennessey VS is another one to try, but a bit more expensive.

I do like some pot-still Irish whiskey. Green Spot and Redbreast are in my cabinet. Bushmill's 10 year single malt isn't bad if you're more on a budget. Jameson is a little hard for me to choke down neat, but it's probably OK mixed.

As for liquor I never cared to try but turned out awesome...Alberta Premium whisky. I always pictured it as being cheap swill, with it being featured in Trailer Park Boys. It's not available in the US, but I had a dram at a bar in Canada last time I was there just before the pandemic. It's actually quite good. Next time I get to Canada I might pick up a bottle.

Back