What your drink of choice says about you

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We went out to eat the other night. We went to place that has a bar in it. I ordered a margarita on the rocks. Dude came back with a frozen margarita. Did I flip over tables and light the place on fire? No. I drank the wrong drink. Dude caught it to.

Oh, man, you wanted that on the rocks, huh?
Yeah, but it's cool. I drink them either way.

I don't jack with the bartender and I expect he won't jack with me. But this dude does not abide a pretentious ass clown of a bartender. If I order a drink and he don't know what's in it, that's okay. There's a lot of drinks out there and with a lot of different names. Ask me. I'll tell you. I do know what's in what I order. Unless it's something on their drink menu I've never heard of.

And if I do order some weird ass drink and I don;t like it, fat chance unless it's some stupid milk drink, I will drink it. I ordered it. It's mine. I'll drink it. None of this send it back because I didn't know I wouldn;t like it. Ya pays ya money and ya takes ya chances. And ya drinks ya drink.

Zuljin brings up a good point though. I've had some really great bartenders let me taste test a beer before I committed to it. This is particularly painless for them, and advantageous for me, if its a draught beer. Giving me a free shot glass of beer to see if I want a pint isn't going to eat into their margins, and they guaranteed themselves a good tip. I appreciate good service as much as I hate bad service.

I'm really pretty easy to make happy. Bring me the drink I ordered in a reasonable amount of time taking into account how busy you might be, and if a mistake is made, make it right.

I only step into a bar because I know they have at least a few micros on tap. Many restaurants however, in Florida, are still laboring under the assumption that the ony beers they need to have on tap are Bud, Bud Light and Miller Light or some other equally worthless combination. In that case I will still order a beer I know they don't have, just to show them that one; yes I am a ****** bag and two; I have little common sense. Sadly I have no trust fund.

CreamyGoodness said:
Zuljin brings up a good point though. I've had some really great bartenders let me taste test a beer before I committed to it. This is particularly painless for them, and advantageous for me, if its a draught beer. Giving me a free shot glass of beer to see if I want a pint isn't going to eat into their margins, and they guaranteed themselves a good tip. I appreciate good service as much as I hate bad service.

I'm really pretty easy to make happy. Bring me the drink I ordered in a reasonable amount of time taking into account how busy you might be, and if a mistake is made, make it right.

Oh yeah that's standard around here. One brewpub will give me a 2 ounce pour of at least 2 or 3 of their beers. Also, there's one restaurant and bar where if I'm sitting at the bar and chatting up the barkeep, as people are ordering cocktails and he's mixing them he will pour me the "extra" after he's made them their drink. Good tips assured.

Haha I'm guessing you've had to many of a particular "fuqing"drink listed her and maybe one of the descriptions here felt to close to home.

I'm certain that bartenders have identified me many times (fairly or not) as drinker types 2, 3, 4(a) and 4(d), 5, and/or 7(1) and 7(3). OK, so I drink a lot, and not just one thing...

Thanks Mike, always good to have my addictions validated. In this case, I assume I'm in pretty good company on this site.

Back