HOMEBREW SWAP-O-RAMA #3 Lets try this again

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whom to ship too

• Ship to whom you are recieving

• mix em all up

• dont care

Results are only viewable after voting.
Progress is a strong ale uses only marris otter and progress hops ( an english old ale hybrid at 11%)

Cherries in the snow is the recipe from the complete joy of homebrewing, the bottle you have is aged 3 years. and used sour cherries.

heres a link with reviews from another HBT user, has the first virsion of progress and the cherries in the snow.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f88/zuljins-secret-santa-haul-2013-a-446466/
enjoy.

Awesome, never tried any progress hops (that I'm aware of) so interested to try that one. Never heard of cherries in the snow so I pulled out my copy of complete joy and looked it up. Sounds good, I like a good cherry beer when fresh is used. Extract always comes out like cough medicine (Sam Adams Cherry Wheat anyone?)

so im just finishing up the 120 min. bestebrew says its at least 3 years old. it is very good, but not something I would drink every day. very very strong, thick flavor. very floral, and almost condensed mouth feel. swambo thought it was gross, lol. went well with the new York steaks we had. I got a heavy buzz off the 12 oz bottle. I think they are around 17-18% abv. now to try the citra

Getting a chance to see what others sent, I feel like a cheapskate. Being new to the group i did not realize how far above and beyond every one went. I only sent the minimum. Next time I will do better.

Got my package today! Not sure what it is though, it's not labeled Lol. Hopefully Two broke can enlighten me! Thanks again!

1400725190476.jpg

I've been waiting all day for you to get it. Those are my Saint Paul vanilla porters. It was all I had on tap right now. They are 4% abv. 60 ibu. My efficiency was a little low on that one so it didn't have the body I was hoping. But it is very refreshing and easy drinking.

I've been waiting all day for you to get it. Those are my Saint Paul vanilla porters. It was all I had on tap right now. They are 4% abv. 60 ibu. My efficiency was a little low on that one so it didn't have the body I was hoping. But it is very refreshing and easy drinking.

Awesome! I didn;t see this post before I responded to your message! Sounds good! I will give them a try Saturday when I am off work! I wish I could have one right now while I am watching the Spurs pummel the Thunder, but I gotta work at midnight (blah!).

Thanks again for the brew! I look forward to tasting it!

Package received! Im super tired and will post pics tomorrow.

Cmoewes your package is sitting at work with a shipping label awaiting pickup tomorrow. I forgot to grab the tracking number but will get it tomorrow and PM it to you.

this is the citra bomb pale ale. Tastes great. could be more balanced, has a lot of hop flavor, but im pretty sure thats what you were going for. Very floral aroma, and good body. Head retention could be better for a pale ale. Im pretty sure you were going for a pale ale beer instead of an ipa, great job keeping the bitterness down with such a high amount of hops.

WP_20140521_007.jpg

Sorry for no pic just got my package from Zoidberg stoked to try these bad boy.
Smash Ipa with golden promise and cascade
Smash Ipa infused with jalapeño, cilantro, lime
Single hopped pale ale zythos
ESB
Green tea blonde
Porter aged on white finishing Eno - cubes & dark roast coffee

Sorry for no pic just got my package from Zoidberg stoked to try these bad boy.
Smash Ipa with golden promise and cascade
Smash Ipa infused with jalapeño, cilantro, lime
Single hopped pale ale zythos
ESB
Green tea blonde
Porter aged on white finishing Eno - cubes & dark roast coffee

I think I'd like to know the recipe for that cilantro lime one.

Bestebrew......just cracked the oatmeal cream stout. Everything an oat stout should be. the lactose and Belgian cocoa mix well in this drink. im a big stout drinker and they are a majority of what I drink. this is a nice sweet version over ones with a heavy roasted malt flavor. I will probably clone it for a summer stout as the ones I typically have can dry your mouth out in the heat. I might add a little crystal to aid in head retention, but that has nothing to do with overall flavor. I would like to know when you bottled this, as I might let the other two sit a while. I find oat stouts hit there peak at 3-4 months.

WP_20140522_001.jpg

@nedvalton glad they made it, hope you enjoy. There should be a Yoopers House Pale in there 2. That one has been in the bottle 2 weeks as of today. I haven't even tried one yet. Just refrigerated first bottle.

@sfgoat I took a very basical smash IPA (Golden Promise, Cascade) about 6.6% and 60 IBU. 3 days before bottling. I soaked 1 shot of vodka with 1 chopped jalapeno. Zest of half a lime, and as much chopped cilantro as would fit. This was added to the final one gallon left in bottling bucket. Got lots of good comments from home brew event. Very vegetal taste from jalapeno as opposed to other peppers, but this definitely still has the heat, will definitely be brewing again.

Loving the feedback!!!!! Thanks terek! I have received my package and can't wait to get into the beers. It's been a crazy week but they are in the fridge to be consumed this weekend. I received a honey wheat, a Mexican cerveca, a double chocolate stout, and an Irish red. I also received a zombie dust. A beer I have been waiting to try forever!!! This was my first beer swap and it couldn't have gone better. Drink up! Expect pictures and feedback within the next couple days.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Oh and I will get you the dates on that oatmeal stout this weekend as well.

Oh and one last thing haha. Terek you have officially tried the citra pale ale before I have. Not fair

Oh and one last thing haha. Terek you have officially tried the citra pale ale before I have. Not fair

Lol. I have no patients. I will usually set aside a few brews to sit a while and drink the rest. Getting better though. One week at a time

Although the barrel aged oat stout I will be bottling tonight I have not tried....and will be waiting till jtd_419 opens one. I will be shipping tomorrow

@nedvalton glad they made it, hope you enjoy. There should be a Yoopers House Pale in there 2. That one has been in the bottle 2 weeks as of today. I haven't even tried one yet. Just refrigerated first bottle.

@sfgoat I took a very basical smash IPA (Golden Promise, Cascade) about 6.6% and 60 IBU. 3 days before bottling. I soaked 1 shot of vodka with 1 chopped jalapeno. Zest of half a lime, and as much chopped cilantro as would fit. This was added to the final one gallon left in bottling bucket. Got lots of good comments from home brew event. Very vegetal taste from jalapeno as opposed to other peppers, but this definitely still has the heat, will definitely be brewing again.

This sounds good. Have been thinking of a jalapeno ale, and really like the cilantro add. I love both these veggies, may have to try this

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1400976676.812015.jpg

First off a Mexican cerveza from trefilov. I am new to writing beer reviews but here goes nothing. The beer pours with very nice clarity and no head retention whatsoever. It's looks like a very nice session able lawn mower beer. The smell is kinda yeasty with maybe some malt in there. When I take a gulp it's very light and carbonated. It's got kind of fruity ness to it and the flavor lingers for a little bit more then expected. Boy it goes down easy. I'm done with it before I know it. I'm not to familiar with the style but immediately think of corona. I would imagine such a light beer is harder to brew. As I finish I want another. Could drink a dozen of these. Not a deep complex beer but a nice simple easy drinker.

View attachment 201535

First off a Mexican cerveza from trefilov. I am new to writing beer reviews but here goes nothing. The beer pours with very nice clarity and no head retention whatsoever. It's looks like a very nice session able lawn mower beer. The smell is kinda yeasty with maybe some malt in there. When I take a gulp it's very light and carbonated. It's got kind of fruity ness to it and the flavor lingers for a little bit more then expected. Boy it goes down easy. I'm done with it before I know it. I'm not to familiar with the style but immediately think of corona. I would imagine such a light beer is harder to brew. As I finish I want another. Could drink a dozen of these. Not a deep complex beer but a nice simple easy drinker.

That is a very fine report and makes me want to try one!

View attachment 201535

I haven't even tried one yet! LoL I'm still working on my beers, to improve them, so thanks for the feedback! Hopefully the others turn out just as well for you! Let me know!!!!!

136 fluid ounces boxed up and ready to go tomorrow. It's kind of strange but I just realized I have no ipas ready, it must be Time to bottle again

I bottled this weekend, I will be shipping out probably Wednesday or Thursday

Sent from the future using neurological impulses.

Got home from the lake to find a nice porch present. Looking forward to chilling these guys Down and enjoying them

I see an Obama head in there, I HAVE to know what that one is called, lol.

also Bestebrew, I just cracked the second citra pale ale, and this is a fine brew. I have mever got this flavor profile from citra, did you use whole hops or pellets?

also Bestebrew, I just cracked the second citra pale ale, and this is a fine brew. I have mever got this flavor profile from citra, did you use whole hops or pellets?

I used pellet hops. They had been actually sitting in my fridge for a couple months before I got around to using them. I was drinking it this weekend and I am planning on entering it into a competition. It turned out really well. It was my first time experimenting with first wort hopping and I threw 3oz in as a dry hop. If I can up the IBUs a tad bit more like you said I think it may be perfect. Perfect for me at least.

That would be the Barrig O' Bamma Dry Irish Stout

2014-05-27 13.06.23.jpg

@coyote68

Tried your Kreik last night and I really enjoyed it. I've never been a big fan of any sours or lambics. (yea I know you sent me a few but no worries, I still like to try them, especially hasmebrews) I really did enjoy this beer, it poured very carbonated and looked like a strawberry squirt. Very tart but refreshing beer, especially last night when the temps were finally warm around here. Thanks

@coyote68

Tried your Kreik last night and I really enjoyed it. I've never been a big fan of any sours or lambics. (yea I know you sent me a few but no worries, I still like to try them, especially hasmebrews) I really did enjoy this beer, it poured very carbonated and looked like a strawberry squirt. Very tart but refreshing beer, especially last night when the temps were finally warm around here. Thanks

you're very welcome glad you enjoyed it.

jtd_419, your package is on its way. should be there by Friday, unless fedex is a liar.........I would bet its monday

I received this wonderful bounty wednesday the 21st from sompls. Super generous with the bonus commercial beers! Sorry for the delay in posting, I was too lazy to do it wednesday and unexpectedly had friday off of work so I left for the lake house right after work thursday and didnt bring the computer.

These beers are all long gone and were all enjoyed tremendously. There were two HBT pale ales (yoopers and dudes), a self made double IPA recipe, and a saison. The saison must have opened when fedex threw it on my porch because the beer that leaked into the bag it was wrapped in was still carbed when I opened the box. I still drank what was left in the bottle and it was delicious but only a couple sips worth.

The commercial beers were all good but the Blakkr was unbelievable. I have never had anything like it. Another testimate to the generosity of sompls the Blakkr is a $20 4 pack. I couldnt be happier with what I received and in swap #4.

Thanks to Terek for running the swap and thanks to sompls for the great box of beer. Sign me up for swap #4!

beer.jpg

Latest posts

Back