Fellowship of the Drink XXIII: Support Your Local Doug

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just saying I'm out - technically I was never in. I've done the FOTHB once, but never FOTD, so not sure how my name got in this list, but no worries. :)
Cheers!

How many mystery box offers do we think we will have this round? 😂
I wouldn’t count me out of that list but I’m going to try to have an offer in on time.

I'm actually ahead of the curve this time - I bought the box in advance! Sure, I still need to fill it, but those are minor details...

A couple of questions from a FotD virgin:

1) What is a "mystery box"?

2) I think I've deduced from reading through previous FotD's that the #1 pick is on the hook to run the next FotD. Is that correct?

A couple of questions from a FotD virgin:

1) What is a "mystery box"?

2) I think I've deduced from reading through previous FotD's that the #1 pick is on the hook to run the next FotD. Is that correct?
A mystery box is when someone wants to participate but can’t get their offer in on time. Usually by someone who has participated before in a previous round or two. The last round I was one of those “Mystery Box” offers because I couldn’t get my offer together in time but the other members approved when I asked if everyone was ok with it. I don’t think @Thorrak was disappointed with selecting my “Mystery Box” or was I when I selected @fourfarthing ”Mystery Box”.

Yes you are correct. Whomever gets the first pick is the one who manages the next round of FotD.
Cheers!

Look who’s back! I’m in, get some N.C. brews coming atcha!

*"Vigorous" golf clapping*

1597852003083.png

Thus far, here's an updated list of who we have in this round:

Thorrak
LBussy
HopsNTails
CaddyWampus
CTownBrewer
aharri1
pshankstar
TheDudeLebowski
kingmatt
dpinette2
wepeeler
fourfarthing
jerbrew
gromitdj
mullet6577
aharri1
CrookedLaker
orionol73
EcuPirate07
afro_lou
TBC
jekeane

Thorrak
LBussy
HopsNTails
CaddyWampus
CTownBrewer
aharri1
pshankstar
TheDudeLebowski
kingmatt
dpinette2
wepeeler
fourfarthing
jerbrew
gromitdj
mullet6577
aharri1
CrookedLaker
orionol73
EcuPirate07
afro_lou
TBC
jekeane
You've got me, right?

I am starting to compile a list of beers to have in my offer. I don’t think it will be a mystery box this time. One brewery I really enjoy just released some of their “cellar” collection to make room for my beers. I may try to get some for this round and for myself.

One does not buy a box, a box comes to one. Let me show you the way my child.
I am SO MAD that Plated no longer exists. Their boxes were a perfect size and came with padding/thermal blankets. Sure, it screams "perishable!" but I didn't have a single issue shipping them anywhere.

Thorrak
LBussy
HopsNTails
CaddyWampus
CTownBrewer
aharri1
pshankstar
TheDudeLebowski
kingmatt
dpinette2
wepeeler
fourfarthing
jerbrew
gromitdj
mullet6577
aharri1
CrookedLaker
orionol73
EcuPirate07
afro_lou
TBC
jekeane

So I’ve been shopping for a specific member who doesn’t like “hop juice” and I just realized he didn’t signup yet!!! WTF!

oh I don’t need to yell at him. I’m sure he is stalking. Plus it wouldn’t be right calling him out by his username. Guess I’m going to have try and find a NA sour? 😉
Can always throw up the wildcard! I get my fill of haze and love the funk and WC. Just say the word and I'll flip it in my offer if u want. There's even interesting meads in these parts.... And lagers

Last edited:
Can always throw up the wildcard! I get my fill of haze and love the funk and WC. Just say the word and I'll flip it in my offer if u want. There's even interesting meads in these parts
I’m up for anything. I was planning on going away from the haze in my offer to have some variety for other members. I don’t discriminate
, I love all alcohol!

I'm...wait for it...in!

Awesome! Here's where we stand at the moment:

Active Participants with Offers:
LBussy
3 Dawg Night

Active Participants without Offers:
Thorrak
HopsNTails
CaddyWampus
CTownBrewer
aharri1