Fellowship of the Drink XII: The Bad News Beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I meant I was bowing out of the competition of who could submit an offer with the combined furthest distances of breweries from their home. FOTD is my new crack. I’ll probably never miss another one.

Edit - That’s assuming I don’t go broke from all the side trading!

Yeah, I meant I was bowing out of the competition of who could submit an offer with the combined furthest distances of breweries from their home. FOTD is my new crack. I’ll probably never miss another one.

Edit - That’s assuming I don’t go broke from all the side trading!
Part is happy.. but I still have the Most participant record..so bitter sweet.

Fuggit. I'm. In.

This beer convinced me, no clue the time line but sure I'll make it work as long as it's not first half of June
20180511_003524.jpeg

Edit: So first half of June I'll be in San Diego.. If you all alright with me shipping after June 15th-ish.....

I can go on record for @fourfarthing saying there is nothing wrong with his priorities. In fact, I’d bet his priorities are his kids and family and so he makes the travel sacrifice in order to provide them with the type of lives he wants them all to have.

I agree with him 100% and it sounds like I’m in a very similar situation. My kids and wife are number 1. All of the business travel is merely a means to justify that end.

He was dropping sarcasm there. If anyone here is sacrificing for the fam its @PianoMan , and that is saying alot given this is a solid group of guys.

Fuggit. I'm. In.

This beer convinced me, no clue the time line but sure I'll make it work as long as it's not first half of June View attachment 569643

Edit: So first half of June I'll be in San Diego.. If you all alright with me shipping after June 15th-ish.....

Funny thing is that I don’t even look at the timeline anymore. Im just in!

I love the venue and pizza, never been my fav beer tho. That Aterial Rubicite raspbeery jam is a hit tho.
Did I read this right? Jester King beer is not as good as their pizza? Next you are going to tell me that Franklins barbecue isn’t good either. I think you just need to send me a bottle so I can see if your assessment is accurate. You can keep the pizza though.

I guess I can't edit the first post anymore. So, this is what I've got so far.

List of Participants:
1. JamesonFan
2. afro_lou
3. Boomer
4. TwistedGray (offer submitted)
5. orionol73
6. Thorrak (offer submitted)
7. baldm79
8. Br3w4u
9. jimyson
10. TBC
11. fourfarthing
12. Redtab78 (offer submitted)
13. imasickboy
14. PianoMan
15. wstbrewing
16. jekeane
17. CTownBrewer
18. EcuPirate07
19. pshankstar
20. Calaeb
21. LoneTreeFarms

Last edited:
Did I read this right? Jester King beer is not as good as their pizza? Next you are going to tell me that Franklins barbecue isn’t good either. I think you just need to send me a bottle so I can see if your assessment is accurate. You can keep the pizza though.
Have you tasted Arby's BBq?? The bomb! [emoji39]

Actually lines are not my thing plus its on the other side of the city. Other's mentioned Valentino's is supposed to be just as good with no lines. I do my own briskets and have a pretty good product for 10th the cost to feed the fam.

As far as a bottle... if your a lucky boy in a couple weeks. [emoji6]

It’s just like that visit California commercial. Everyone has their head in the clouds and catching rays while hanging 10 on those waves brah! Cali is slow ride 101 [emoji23]
Yeah when we moved to Austin in 1994 it was even SLOWER. Now it's like living in San Jose at 3pm but all day long! [emoji37]

@Boomer you wouldn't recognize this place anymore

Yeah when we moved to Austin in 1994 it was even SLOWER. Now it's like living in San Jose at 3pm but all day long! [emoji37]

@Boomer you wouldn't recognize this place anymore

I can’t even imagine. The “change” had started taking place right as we left Texas. I’ve heard some people refer to Austin as SE LA.

Took us 10min a couple weeks back to travel 800yrds to our favorite Asian resturant at 5:30pm. Hwy and back roads were all backed up..in our fricking neighborhood.

Good part is my house doubled in value in 4 years. Bad part is my Austin property taxes are 2.0%. High because no state income tax. Goto higher end areas and the tax rate can push 3.5. Chit, live in your home for 30yrs and pay it 2x over just for the privilege of sitting in traffic! B..e..a..utiful!

Last edited:
Have you tasted Arby's BBq?? The bomb! [emoji39]

Actually lines are not my thing plus its on the other side of the city. Other's mentioned Valentino's is supposed to be just as good with no lines. I do my own briskets and have a pretty good product for 10th the cost to feed the fam.

As far as a bottle... if your a lucky boy in a couple weeks. [emoji6]
Yeah I have seen the line. I guess I am insane because I can make great BBQ at home too but still am tempted to drive 12 hours to wait in line for an hour just to eat some food that I saw on TV. That’s the American dream though right?

Yeah I have seen the line. I guess I am insane because I can make great BBQ at home too but still am tempted to drive 12 hours to wait in line for an hour just to eat some food that I saw on TV. That’s the American dream though right?
1hr..hahahah...show up at 6am!

Back