Fellowship of the Drink XII: The Bad News Beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys, we have an official FotD teku coming out!
Well... That's actually something interesting I didn't think about. I'll draw something up if things turn out, it's there interest in this? I'm going to try acrylic ink and see how waterproof it is before I move to more expensive means...

Well... That's actually something interesting I didn't think about. I'll draw something up if things turn out, it's there interest in this? I'm going to try acrylic ink and see how waterproof it is before I move to more expensive means...

Based on the cost to send some stranger beer, I think most of us are ok with a little expense. That’s an uneducated educated guess

Based on the cost to send some stranger beer, I think most of us are ok with a little expense. That’s an uneducated educated guess
Hahahaha well. True. I think that's fair to assume... Maybe a poll can be put together on the next to vote for style of glass and design. I'll likely figure the quirks out by then....

Hahahaha well. True. I think that's fair to assume... Maybe a poll can be put together on the next to vote for style of glass and design. I'll likely figure the quirks out by then....
I've done a few of my own using armor etch? i think? i'll snap a few pictures when i get home if i remember, it basically eats away glass, so you slap a template on the glass, put this paste on it, then take the paste off, rinse the remaining paste and take the template off. pretty easy process.

I've done a few of my own using armor etch? i think? i'll snap a few pictures when i get home if i remember, it basically eats away glass, so you slap a template on the glass, put this paste on it, then take the paste off, rinse the remaining paste and take the template off. pretty easy process.
I was looking into that! I would love a pic, the method I'm going for is I'll be able to print a logo (black or white) and then some hops and Barley in color in the background using UV emulsion screens that are mini.

Aight Pman lured me into the forum. I'll have at least three MBCs Dinners fresh off the line memorial day weekend. Maybe more if trmptrd. I'll also make a stop at Trillium to throw in a desired request. F' Treehouse and those lines ;-). Anyways let me know if I'm following the rules. Here's what I posted in the other room.

I got in on the Maine Beer Co lottery for Dinner. Awesome dipa. Before I head to the trade forum figured it post there. I may have some trade. Not sure if I'm hi jacking the thread but just let me know and I'll post there. I do like ipas but looking for something to age or unique. Like RIS, sours, lambics, funky even whisky or bourbon. Mostly from the America's. I'll probably head to Trillium if you'd like that included. I got some mean aged Orval in the seller too if you're into funk. Aged beyond the use by date [emoji6]

Last edited:
Aight Pman lured me into the forum. I'll have at least three MBCs Dinners fresh off the line memorial day weekend. Maybe more if trmptrd. I'll also make a stop at Trillium to throw in a desired request. F' Treehouse and those lines ;-). Anyways let me know if I'm following the rules. Here's what I posted in the other room. Here's a pic of the Orval. Irecently had one and the head was so thick and had good funk

I got in on the Maine Beer Co lottery for Dinner. Awesome dipa. Before I head to the trade forum figured it post there. I may have some trade. Not sure if I'm hi jacking the thread but just let me know and I'll post there. I do like ipas but looking for something to age or unique. Like RIS, sours, lambics, funky even whisky or bourbon. Mostly from the America's. I'll probably head to Trillium if you'd like that included. I got some mean aged Orval in the seller too if you're into funk. Aged beyond the use by date [emoji6]

You are fukking in yo!!

I would absolutely be in for one. I'm trying to sit this round out but it's so difficult.

This is where we're at, complete with who has submitted an offer thus far.

List of Participants:
1. JamesonFan
2. afro_lou
3. Boomer
4. TwistedGray (offer submitted)
5. orionol73
6. Thorrak (offer submitted)
7. baldm79 (offer submitted)
8. Br3w4u (offer submitted)
9. jimyson
10. TBC
11. fourfarthing (offer submitted)
12. Redtab78 (offer submitted)
13. imasickboy
14. PianoMan (offer submitted)
15. wstbrewing
16. jekeane
17. CTownBrewer
18. EcuPirate07
19. pshankstar
20. Calaeb
21. LoneTreeFarms
22. TheDudeLebowski

My wife does that and we have stupid amounts of glassware because of it. It is incredibly caustic stuff and sometimes can seep under the template but if you are careful is pretty easy.
Glassware offer might have just been decided :) I contemplated that on the first round (6?) I did but just kinda forgot about it

I’ll try to get my offers submitted this week. I need to make sure I set aside my offers first otherwise I might pull a @RevKev too. The problem is, it’s not that easy for me to always get to these locations. [emoji51]

Cheers gents!

Mine is definitely going to be coming in at the last minute because I have a trip planned at the end of next week.

Glassware would be killer! Waaay back in the early rounds, Pointcity make some awesome openers available. Still use mine all the time!
IMG_1998.JPG

This is where we're at, complete with who has submitted an offer thus far.

List of Participants:
1. JamesonFan
2. afro_lou
3. Boomer
4. TwistedGray (offer submitted)
5. orionol73
6. Thorrak (offer submitted)
7. baldm79 (offer submitted)
8. Br3w4u (offer submitted)
9. jimyson
10. TBC
11. fourfarthing (offer submitted)
12. Redtab78 (offer submitted)
13. imasickboy
14. PianoMan (offer submitted)
15. wstbrewing
16. jekeane
17. CTownBrewer
18. EcuPirate07
19. pshankstar
20. Calaeb
21. LoneTreeFarms
22. TheDudeLebowski
Don't forget about me :)

Any of you guys willing to commission some work? I’d love to make one that says something like “Tom is a jacka$$” and send it to my buddy Tom!

Back