Day 3 with no beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david_42

Reaction score
I really hate being sick! Can't taste a blasted thing and as congested as I am already, alcohol would be a bad idea anyway. Tonight I'm going to miss the HoV meeting at Calapooia brewery. Feel like this :drunk: without the benefits of imbibing.

That stinks! I had the swine flu and didn't drink for about a week. That's how my husband knew I was deathly sick, I guess.

I'll have one on your behalf tonight. I know you're not a hophead, so I'll lift a Vienna lager to your health in a few hours.

Except I don't have any crappy beer and can't bring myself to buy any. If I just wanted to consume alcohol, I have plenty of apple wine. Still coughing and wheezing though, so no. I think this is my longest dry period in a decade.

Except I don't have any crappy beer and can't bring myself to buy any. If I just wanted to consume alcohol, I have plenty of apple wine. Still coughing and wheezing though, so no. I think this is my longest dry period in a decade.

If you drink enough applewine, you will just pass out and it won't matter that you are sick and that you want beer. :D

I once stopped drinking for four months at the advice of my doctor. Long story.

Biggest thing now is to take care of yourself and not stress or worry about what you don't have. Focus on feeling better. Best of luck.

72 days.

Before that, my dry spell was 160 days.

I have at least 60 more days to go...

You have my sympathy and thanks for serving. Never got any beer on the sub, but my longest deployment was only 59 days.

Back