Root Beer Stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dumb_A$$_Accountant

Reaction score
So I recently brewed a root beer stout, I've been debating on sharing the recipe due to how unique of an idea it is lol.

I did a whole grain brew fresh ingredients (roots). It took about five hours due to the full grain. I missed the calculations on the licorice root (0.5 pounds) and the anise stars (16) for a 10 gallon batch a little bit. My wart was heavy on the licorice with an after taste of root beer. right before I did the transferred I had root beer in the front, stout in the middle and licorice at the end. The final results were mild stout and mild licorice with root beer flavor.

For my notes I cut the licorice root to 0.25 pounds and the anise stars to 8.

My beer turned out to be an 8.4%...not bad for my first root beer stout ever (I took a virgin root beer recipe and turned it into a big boy root beer).

Any thoughts or suggestions? Just curious, can't really hurt my feelings because I'm sticking to my guns and making this perfect :)

Latest posts

Back