Dark Lord 2017

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IN!
9773168_orig.gif

Friend got me a couple Group E's. Then I got someone else a couple Group B's.

Total in our group 4 group B's, 3 Group E's. Not too bad.

First year we aren't relying on pub sales to get everyone in the event, but also first year no Group A's. Oh well, happy with Group B and the south gate this year.

There are so many people I'm going to need to find and learn their names.... subsequently blackout and forget everyone and everything ha.
So true. You will run into dozens of TB people.

One first time tip: DLD is what you make of it. Don't get caught up in rare beer, bitching about lines, the weather, trying to set up IP trades, trying to tick as many TBers are possible, etc. Just be in the moment and go with the flow (although control your drinking. Nobody likes that sloppy, shitfaced guy. Be an adult.) Just have fun!

One first time tip: DLD is what you make of it. Don't get caught up in rare beer, bitching about lines, the weather, trying to set up IP trades, trying to tick as many TBers are possible, etc. Just be in the moment and go with the flow (although control your drinking. Nobody likes that sloppy, shitfaced guy. Be an adult.) Just have fun!

Also, I agree with literally everything said here.

I've come to realize that most people enjoy me better when I'm that sloppy drunk who breaks ApocalypseZombie toe.

Just be in the moment and go with the flow (although control your drinking. Nobody likes that sloppy, shitfaced guy. Be an adult.) Just have fun!

Truer words were never spoken and a shame that people need to be reminded to act like an adult. I've gone enough times that my blood still boils because they change things every...damn...year. But that's where you just learn to roll with it. It WILL rain. it WILL be COLD. Keep food and water on you and get a wool base layer :) Some of the kindest, most generous, easiest going people I've ever met at DLD.

I'm really looking forward to DLD. Last year started out absolutely miserable in line but ended up being a great time. Now that I more or less know what to expect, I'm sure this year will be even better.

It's simple really.

1) You will bring way more beer than you will open/drink.
2) You will not eat enough food.
3) You will not drink enough water.
4) With your fatigued palate the 4th pour of adjunct stout random stranger X shares with you will taste just like pour 21.
5) If it's a nice day you will get sunburned and have a great time.
6) If it's a shitty day you will be a little cold but still likely have a great time.
7) There will be lines.
8) You will see people who can't handle their booze, it happens, stay clear and use it as a reminder to not be that guy.
9) The "best" bottle share will be one of the dozens you hear about days after DLD.
10) You will be happy and remember to stow away your bottles as soon as you get them because of the horror stories you've heard of people getting their **** stolen.
11) You will get drunk, regret life the next day, and all weekend and into the work week you'll be reading about how everything was shitty and awful and terrible and FFF can't run an event, and then you'll look forward to DLD 2018 cause you had a great time, met some great people, and stayed clear of the shitlords.
12) You will be offered a shirtless hug from powz87.

It's simple really.

1) You will bring way more beer than you will open/drink.
2) You will not eat enough food.
3) You will not drink enough water.
4) With your fatigued palate the 4th pour of adjunct stout random stranger X shares with you will taste just like pour 21.
5) If it's a nice day you will get sunburned and have a great time.
6) If it's a shitty day you will be a little cold but still likely have a great time.
7) There will be lines.
8) You will see people who can't handle their booze, it happens, stay clear and use it as a reminder to not be that guy.
9) The "best" bottle share will be one of the dozens you hear about days after DLD.
10) You will be happy and remember to stow away your bottles as soon as you get them because of the horror stories you've heard of people getting their **** stolen.
11) You will get drunk, regret life the next day, and all weekend and into the work week you'll be reading about how everything was shitty and awful and terrible and FFF can't run an event, and then you'll look forward to DLD 2018 cause you had a great time, met some great people, and stayed clear of the shitlords.
12) You will be offered a shirtless hug from powz87.

Excuse me, but I believe you left out the crucial Step 13: "You will commit animal endangerment"

OR MAYBE THAT'S JUST SOME OF US HMMMM

It's simple really.

11) You will get drunk, regret life the next day, and all weekend and into the work week you'll be reading about how everything was shitty and awful and terrible and FFF can't run an event, and then you'll look forward to DLD 2018 cause you had a great time, met some great people, and stayed clear of the shitlords.[/USER].

To expand on this, in your hungover state you will promise your wife/girlfriend you are never going to Dark Lord Day again and are giving up beer.

Then you need to hope she doesn't remember you said that.

Back