Dark Lord 2017

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I'm trying to find a ticket for my buddy as himself and I both missed the ticket sales. I'm pretty sure I have mine locked in (hopefully:))Now trying to find another is posing very difficult. I found another person that has one but they want $300 + the variant which I think is total shitlord.

So I'm gonna throw this out here in desperation. PM me if you have an extra ticket and I'm sure we could work something out.

Or as I'm a total noob to DLD do they have a pub sale on tickets? When is it if so (can't find any details on this)?

So I'm trying to find a ticket for my buddy as himself and I both missed the ticket sales. I'm pretty sure I have mine locked in (hopefully:))Now trying to find another is posing very difficult. I found another person that has one but they want $300 + the variant which I think is total shitlord.

So I'm gonna throw this out here in desperation. PM me if you have an extra ticket and I'm sure we could work something out.

Or as I'm a total noob to DLD do they have a pub sale on tickets? When is it if so (can't find any details on this)?
There are traditionally ticket sales at the pub, but there's not a reliable formula for determining when they'll be on sale.

That said, historically they've been sold on saturdays and a twitter message will go out about an hour before the brewpub opens when they're on sale. I believe there have also been unannounced sales at the brewpub as well. Finally, in true shitlord fashion, there will be people who will lineup at the brewpub every Saturday morning, announcement or not, in order to get as many of those sweet sweet tickets as possible.

There are traditionally ticket sales at the pub, but there's not a reliable formula for determining when they'll be on sale.

That said, historically they've been sold on saturdays and a twitter message will go out about an hour before the brewpub opens when they're on sale. I believe there have also been unannounced sales at the brewpub as well. Finally, in true shitlord fashion, there will be people who will lineup at the brewpub every Saturday morning, announcement or not, in order to get as many of those sweet sweet tickets as possible.
Damn. Love the people that come out of the woodwork on these types of things. Thanks for the info man.

I decided I finally have to go to this glorious disaster so this will be my first year.

200w.gif

Half of the event is the satisfaction Of knowing that after 6 months of trying to convince BoatsAndHoes to go , he has to because he's he one who got the tickets!

As for me

Bring the cold, bring the rain, bring the weird

Also ISO the BA cold brew I left in the porta potty last year, bottle was like $30 and I'd love to try it a year after being soaked in Hampton-induced beer shits. It's waxed so it'll be good.

giphy.gif

Anyone have any good pics or hilarious stories to share of years past? I've seen people in zombie states year after year, but not knowing who those people are (or the people they came with), there's not much to do other than be glad that isn't me.

Don't worry just yet. If you keep an eye out, you'll hook up with someone on tickets. Especially as the event gets closer you see tons of people who are stuck with a +1 who bailed. If the weather looks to suck, this number will probably coincidentally rise. Also guessing that as many people confess to their wife their plans for mother's day weekend, a few more tickets will magically free up.

Don't accept any crazy ******** markup, either. Face value plus fees is the reasonable selling price. Some jagoffs will put theirs up with conditions like giving them your variant, double the face value, blowjobs required, etc. People in that situation don't want to be eating the cost of the ticket so they are highly motivated to not be ******** unless you let em ;)

Anyone have any good pics or hilarious stories to share of years past? I've seen people in zombie states year after year, but not knowing who those people are (or the people they came with), there's not much to do other than be glad that isn't me.
Ive passed out in a recently cleaned porta potty for an hr plus. My shirt also comes off every year. Last year we rolled up to party in the USA.

Walked into a porta potty once where the poop had crested above the hole. That was once in a lifetime.

Piss everywhere in the north line switchbacks. This is probably my most vivid DLD memory: a horde of people who drink a ton and then pile into switchbacks to wait for an hour. Ain't long before every few groups there is a peepee circle with some guy in the middle just rippin it up right on the ground. Oh pics? Sort of like...

WnxGIRf.png

Don't worry just yet. If you keep an eye out, you'll hook up with someone on tickets. Especially as the event gets closer you see tons of people who are stuck with a +1 who bailed. If the weather looks to suck, this number will probably coincidentally rise. Also guessing that as many people confess to their wife their plans for mother's day weekend, a few more tickets will magically free up.

Don't accept any crazy ******** markup, either. Face value plus fees is the reasonable selling price. Some jagoffs will put theirs up with conditions like giving them your variant, double the face value, blowjobs required, etc. People in that situation don't want to be eating the cost of the ticket so they are highly motivated to not be ******** unless you let em ;)

Thanks for the advice man. Yeah I'm just trying to get a feel for it and it sounds like a really good time but also know what kind of people come about at these times. Hoping it'll work out for me and a buddy of mine and if not, there's always next year.

Walked into a porta potty once where the poop had crested above the hole. That was once in a lifetime.

Piss everywhere in the north line switchbacks. This is probably my most vivid DLD memory: a horde of people who drink a ton and then pile into switchbacks to wait for an hour. Ain't long before every few groups there is a peepee circle with some guy in the middle just rippin it up right on the ground. Oh pics? Sort of like...

WnxGIRf.png
1) it's called a poo- island

2) that will hopefully be a learning opportunity. Those cattle lines were terrible and super tight. Police could have handed out about 300 indecent exposure tickets.

Every dude (and a few chicks):

giphy.gif

lots of good advice in this thread. I have chased poors, done a BIF (several years), tried to get every guest pour, and finally just decided to hang out with my "once a year, maybe twice a year, best friends in the world" crew. Any and all are welcome, as long as Oreo brings the Malort.

DLD stories are the best.

Was waiting for draft pours in 14 when a guy was swinging his 4 pack like a little kid, the bottom broke and 4 dark Lord's smach on the ground. I think 1 survived. Mental note don't trust the 4 pack holder.

15 we saw a guy with his head bandaged running from the security guards. Saw a guy wearing flip flops and his jeans were ripped all the way up his leg walk (fall and stumble) into a porta potty and he fell asleep in there. Also that was the year we stood just outside the one tent and watched 20 people throughout the day try and walk around the tent in the mud. Almost all of them fell.

16 was piss as much as possible in the cattle line getting in. ****ers were peeing in line. I kept going to the porta potty, finally I quit drinking in line, figured it was a good idea. Saw a few good wipeouts on the bridge to the stage or porta potty area.

The last 2 years the PP behind the stage is never a line, good spot to go but it does require being able to walk a good distance depending on your location.

Have fun this year I won't be going. Was able to help my BIL get session B tickets. Which is funny, I have never gotten through for tickets, the year I don't go I get through.

The knife story from 2015 was pretty good. Not mine:

Two drunks RIGHT in front of me in line. Guy drops a 4pk of something.. couldn't tell what it was.. Guy he was JUST talking with picked up two of the bottles and put them in his bag.. Other guy starts yelling that he stole them.. Guy who stole them pulls knife.. Guy who dropped the bottles starts yelling "Hey, he pulled a knife on me!!" Guy drops the knife and acts like its NBD.. he's just chilling. Enter another SUPER DRUNK dude who tries to cool **** down.. (and ultimately steals some of the knife guys glassware (yeah, i saw that).. Random girl tries to return knife.. guy refuses..says its not his.. (Clearly it was) Knife guy gets fed up with getting called out for pulling knife and charges dude.. right.. into.. MUD! It was a pretty poor fight in terms of blows to the head.. But it made for some entertainment standing in line for 2hrs. Security arrived pretty quick.. and i moved up 3 spots in line.

And said knife (some guy picked it up)

iaRfxt7.jpg

Saw a few good wipeouts on the bridge to the stage or porta potty area.
Guilty.

That stupidass wood pallet bridge got me. Just as I was about to step from one pallet to another, someone coming the other way stepped on the opposite edge of the pallet, which caused the end I was at to lift up. I tripped over the lip, tried to gain footing, slipped on the rain-slicked wood, and went down hard right onto the tote bag with my DL bottles in it. Luckily only lost one bottle of regular.

What pissed me off most is that I wasn't even drunk yet. If it had happened a couple hours later, I totally would've deserved it.

WnxGIRf.png

ojGJSu7.gif

Guilty.

That stupidass wood pallet bridge got me. Just as I was about to step from one pallet to another, someone coming the other way stepped on the opposite edge of the pallet, which caused the end I was at to lift up. I tripped over the lip, tried to gain footing, slipped on the rain-slicked wood, and went down hard right onto the tote bag with my DL bottles in it. Luckily only lost one bottle of regular.

What pissed me off most is that I wasn't even drunk yet. If it had happened a couple hours later, I totally would've deserved it.

I've said to much

Doubt it was powz87 though.

Over the years I've slowly switched from taking pictures of beers i'm drinking, to taking pictures of funny/random things and hilarious people/situations. I've found that's a much more enjoyable way to reminisce.

Although I won't put anyone here on the forums on blast by posting their pic :D. I may have incriminating photographic evidence of them, but there's also pics of me out there that should stay locked away.

Aside from people passed out in the rain before 10am, the saddest thing I saw was a dude walking with what I assumed was a case of ZD and his allotment on top. Seemed like a rational method, until he decided to check if his fly was down. Allotment did an extra explosion on the ground as if to make a point. But then he forgot his hands were holding a case of beer and tried reaching for the already destroyed allotment. Don't know how many ZD didn't survive but judging by two major errors in quick succession, he probably decided to open one (or all) the ZDs not long after to further disaster.

So I was a little late to he party on booking a hotel. Got some piece of **** Hotel to call home for the night. I'm pretty sure by the end of this I won't really care. Everywhere was Sold Out! This is all new to me. Note to self book next years room next week. Lol

So I was a little late to he party on booking a hotel. Got some piece of **** Hotel to call home for the night. I'm pretty sure by the end of this I won't really care. Everywhere was Sold Out! This is all new to me. Note to self book next years room next week. Lol

Thanks for reminding me that I'm a dummy for sleeping on a hotel reservation.

Hopefully you didn't book in Gary or South Chicago Heights.

Back