Dark Lord 2017

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How's Hammond? This is the first year we won't be staying at the Hampton near FFF :(

Lansing, IL?

Tryed the Hampton and anything around there but they we're all sold it it seemed.
At least you're both within reasonable Ubering distance. You'll just have to make it a point to leave before the hordes start making their way out, otherwise wait times and surge pricing will bite you in the ass.

Lansing, IL?

Tryed the Hampton and anything around there but they we're all sold it it seemed.
If you're not a diamond member, and you want to stay at the Hampton near the brewery you could always get on the waitlist for 2019 now.

giphy.gif

So I was a little late to he party on booking a hotel. Got some piece of **** Hotel to call home for the night. I'm pretty sure by the end of this I won't really care. Everywhere was Sold Out! This is all new to me. Note to self book next years room next week. Lol
I have a reservation at the Munster Homewood Suites I can try to transfer to you...

Dude did you book a hotel? I had us a place to stay lol
I can always cancel the hotel once it gets closer too. You said "maybe" a place to stay. I didn't like the uncertainty.

I have a reservation at the Munster Homewood Suites I can try to transfer to you...
Man I love you guys but I can't. stxSS07 already offered up his extra ticket to me for price, now this. (THANKS SO MUCH!) I have to be a big boy and do something myself. Lol

Edit: plus RedCoffee just started looking at hotels and realized everything is gone:)

Edit: plus RedCoffee just started looking at hotels and realized everything is gone:)

I mean I ain't gonna turn it down if someone needs to offload an awesome hotel spot. I can bear that cross if needed! ;)

I looked a bit last night. There are still places left. Nothing nice and/or close. Plenty in Lansing and a few in Hammond. Bunch in Schererville too. There's even some burning garbage dump in Hammond near a strip club for less than $40.

raw

To me I just need it to be close enough that one of those shuttle companies is servicing it. Had to wait a while to leave last year but $10 for a ride to the hotel door was pretty nice.

I mean I ain't gonna turn it down if someone needs to offload an awesome hotel spot. I can bear that cross if needed! ;)

I looked a bit last night. There are still places left. Nothing nice and/or close. Plenty in Lansing and a few in Hammond. Bunch in Schererville too. There's even some burning garbage dump in Hammond near a strip club for less than $40.

raw

To me I just need it to be close enough that one of those shuttle companies is servicing it. Had to wait a while to leave last year but $10 for a ride to the hotel door was pretty nice.
Wait. In for 40 dollar strip clubs. Don't lose your backpack this year.

You doing your usual drive there plan this year?
I'm at the mercy of Lansman I'm his "guest" by that I mean I get to wait in line for beer spend zero dollars and drink the beers he gets. Then I get to sleep on the foot of his hotel bed like a puppy. Honestly I couldn't ask for a better DLD. Will Facebook live my experience

If you're looking for something truly stabby, there's a roadside motel 5 minutes down route 30 that advertises FREE HBO and MONTHLY RATES.

Also, a KILLER buttery garlic fry place nearly across the street from said stabby motel.

Mm. Was kinda looking for hourly rates, honestly. :-/

I'm at the mercy of Lansman I'm his "guest" by that I mean I get to wait in line for beer spend zero dollars and drink the beers he gets. Then I get to sleep on the foot of his hotel bed like a puppy. Honestly I couldn't ask for a better DLD. Will Facebook live my experience

Wait I thought you said you weren't going this year? Definitely need to meet up with a bunch of you guys once there as I have never meant another TBer:( besides my buddies I have converted.

Also no one is going to beat RedCoffee $40 hotel. Look at the review. It is also cash only. Haha

Wait I thought you said you weren't going this year? Definitely need to meet up with a bunch of you guys once there as I have never meant another TBer:( besides my buddies I have converted.

Also no one is going to beat RedCoffee $40 hotel. Look at the review. It is also cash only. Haha
Well I'm a little pissed elkhunter36 isnt going to be there but alas. It's 1 of 3 times I get to see lurchingbeast a year.

elkhunter36 and @mrselkhunter36 won't be there???

For Sale: 2 DLD tix

Def not going to be the same without elkhunter36 shoving a sticky glass in my face and refusing to tell me what it is several hours into DLD because he knows I'll pre-judge whatever it is in the glass before I try it.

Latest posts

Back