Average age of home brewers......

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Average age of home brewers....Poll

• Total voters
31, been brewing about 8 months now and have done (12) 5 gallon batches which equates to about 7.5 gallons per month (1-2 brew sessions per month) . My wife and i both love beer so i have a hard time keeping kegs full.

Please guys, tell me that you all have a lot of friends to share with, otherwise it would look like the majority of this forum has serious drinking issues :D
FB_IMG_1506389945450.jpg

Nearly 40. Brew whenever I'm not chasing my little red heads to dance or sports. Roughly 1/ every 2 months. 5 gallon batches. Life happens first, brewing as much as I love it. Is still a hobby. So it's whenever I have free time.

I've been brewing for 20 years and I've met lots of homebrewers. I've met people that started brewing before they even hit 21, and I've had friends that have been brewing and are long into retirement age. I am 47. But from my experience, the average would have to be probably late 30s.

34 I'm currently brewing about 10 gallons a month. Very new as in 3 months. Making the switch to extract this weekend and next weekend starting all grain BIAB. My daughter that is 2 and my son on the way might put a kink into this. Add that golf season starts in a couple months and we shall see what takes a break.

I’m 45, been brewing for 20 years. Although a chunk of that time I was happy doing extract beers.
I’m doing about two batches per month of beer/cider/mead.

50 going on 51 and try to brew at least twice a month. I do love my beer. To the point that my 42 year old husband (yes I AM a cougar) got mad at me and told me I have to stop pouring from the kegs when there's about 1/2 gallon left so he can have some. Oh hell no. If it's there I'm going to drink it, he knows where the kegerator is and can get his own if he wants it.

50 going on 51 and try to brew at least twice a month. I do love my beer. To the point that my 42 year old husband (yes I AM a cougar) got mad at me and told me I have to stop pouring from the kegs when there's about 1/2 gallon left so he can have some. Oh hell no. If it's there I'm going to drink it, he knows where the kegerator is and can get his own if he wants it.

Awesome! [emoji1303][emoji481][emoji41]

35, I brew an average of about 7.5 gallons per month ( 1 - 2 5gallon batches per month, sometimes a 10gallon batch)

49 and average a brew day every 1.5 months. But, I brew 10G minimum and have a 15G batch fermenting at the moment.

So I guess that translates to...

~30 - 5G batches a year
or
~2.5 - 5G batches per month
or
~2.88 G per week!

Or something like that...

First post here. 19. Just kidding, 38. I started this fall and brew at least once a month. I can't drink it all that quickly.

Nick

Started when I was 27 and now I’m 44 (geez, 45 soon). I used to brew a lot more like 4 or 6 different styles a month a for 5-10 gallons per batch. Now just up to 4 styles from 1.5-3 gallons per batch. I used to have a lot more time. Cheers!

Turning 52 at the end of March. Haven’t brewed since late May. I just did a lot of reworking on the rig. I normally brew around 7 to 10, 12-20 gallon batches a year. Going to brew more lagers and more cellar style beers this year. I’ve been brewing since early 97.

67 and try to brew 5 gal a month. I give a lot of it to friends.......and I got a lot of friends!

39... been brewing for about 6 years. I try and knock out a 5G batch every 5-6 weeks.

I'm 60 and have been brewing for 25 years. My wife and friends help me to brew 5 gallons twice a month or so.

52 and brewing for six years. I brew 2-3 gallon batches weekly until my six tap keezer is full, with maybe another couple of batches in queue.

And then it takes ages to drink the beer, but I try to rationalize brewing more in spite of it. Can't really drink more than a pint a day for health reasons, but sure do enjoy every drop!

34 and brewing for little over 2 years. I brew 5 batches a 6 gallons every two months or so. I have brewed 66 batches until now.

Back