Average age of home brewers......

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Average age of home brewers....Poll

• Total voters
I'm 25.. bought a mr. beer kit on Amazon when I got my first apartment after high school, so we won't post an age for that... Now I brew ~twice a month on a grainfather.

46, just started a little over a year ago. I have brewed 17 batches for a total of around 93 gallons so far. No end in sight being as the beer turns out so good!:rock:

36, and I have Been brewing on and off for 10 years. I have brewed batches from 5 gallon to 1 bbl batches and now I am trying to down size and stream line to make it simpler and more enjoyable again.

Cheers!

Turn 55 on Friday (2/9) been brewing since Jan 95 try to brew as often as possible 11 gal batches about every 3-4 months wife helps to drink elk hunting buddies help during elk camp

Well… Queen Nefertiti favored a good pale ale. Her husband Pharoh Akhenaten enjoyed a good stout.
But that little punk Tutankhamun was a real pain in the ass. Always whinin about something.
Nothin I made ever satisfied him.

39, always plan on at least 1/month during my brewing season, but usually life gets in the way and it's a bit less frequent. I'm going to make a concerted effort to do it more often now, as I just spent some $$ to upgrade a couple aspects of my process.

I brew in my bedroom and every weekend me and my friends ride are bikes in the woods and get drunk while reading dirty magazines....gotta go, moms coming

C'mon ... you expect us to believe that?

Like 13 year olds read magazines .... geez.

52 years, 60l (15g?) every 2 months. Large batches helps with dry pipes BUT tough on inventory. Planning for varaity? An ESB or pale ale can be called many names... But then I live in South Africa, mind my local brew club does have one bjcp judge and he usually disagrees with my styles.

I am 70 & brew 7 gallon brews every month or so. Pretty good hobby & I make some really good, to me, Beer :rock:

24, but only once a month on average. I have a very busy season for work, so it is often less during that time and more when things slow down. stocked up with 2.5 kegs before we got too busy. hoping it lasts me a while. planning a brew day this weekend! Tasty IPA from 21A.

35, try to brew once a week but it averages out to 3-4 times a month typically. My partner drinks more beer than I do and we have guests over often, so I have to brew regularly to keep up with demand.

26 and used to make 5 gallon batches about 8 times a year. Moved to the city and as a result don't have space, I stepped my batch size down and now brew 2.5 gallons 2 to 3 times a month

32 and I brew roughly once a month outside of football season. 2 - 3 times a month starting August and during football season. I tailgate fir home games and throw parties for Falcons away games.

5 or 10 gallons depending on the beer.

I’m 39, been brewing for 11 years now. I brew about 60-70 gallons of beer per year and about 10 gallons of cider/mead per year.

22 and just started brewing this weekend. I’ve made 2 batches this weekend, a pale ale and a amber. Hoping to learn a few things and tips on here.

35 and brewing about ten 5 gallons batches a year. I've been brewing for about 10 years.

Well there was not a young enough option for me..... LOL. I'm 14 and have brewed 11 gallons a beer, I just started, and one gallon of wine. I got into the hobby because of my uncle, he has brewed for at least 3 years now. For anyone wondering if I Sample my craft my answer is YES!!!! Maybe not a whole 12oz bottle but at least 3oz of it.

Beer I made- Chinook IPA... Phat Tyre Amber Ale..... American Wheat

Wine I made- Chardonnay

I can’t remember if I posted or not...getting old!

Turned 53 today and have been brewing for around 3 years. I used to brew about once or twice a month but due to a new job and winter I have only brewed one or two 5 gallon batches in the last few months.

Am 44 and this is my tenth year of brewing. Brewed like a fiend before baby (now 3.5 yrs) came along, which put me on hiatus for the better part of her young life.

Bought a Grainfather on Black Friday and have brewed more since then than in the past two years. Between her ability to watch Moana over and over (and over) and the Grainfather's 'independence', brewdays are back!

Saving money again.

56 and a half, been doing all grain for the last 4 years, but did extract during the 80s while in school. I brew whenever a keg opens up, I have 5, 3 and 1.5gal kegs so I brew different batch sizes depending on what kicks.

My wife was pregnant with our son in 2010 and we upgraded to our 1bbl pilot system at that point. It was our Christmas present, and she argued, “I’m not going to let being pregnant and having a baby stop me from brewing.” That’s when we went automated so we could brew and still attend to the baby.

I’m 27. Started when I was 18 with maybe 3-4 5 gallon batches a year and now brew 15 gallons a month when it’s not “too cold” or wet (March to November really) with a little help from my friends to drink that.

Latest posts

Back