any good brew kits

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

damo

Reaction score
i am new to brewing so i just wondering if anybody got any good recipes of a draught beer or blonde style and if the kits are available in australia? im only familiar with the can stuff (the only one ive used) with the yeast and you just add water

I would check out Cooper's line of extract kits. I just bottled my first batch (a Cooper's Aussie Lager turned California common) and the small samples I've tried have been good. I know they make a great many different recipes, so you should be able to find something to suit your tastes.
SWMBO bought me their Microbrew kit that came with the basics needed to start home brewing for around US$100 and I've been very happy with it. The only complaint I had was that the tip to the bottling tube came off in the middle of a couple of bottles, making a bit of a mess on my kitchen floor.

Cheers! and welcome to the madness :mug: :rockin:

I'm pretty sure most of the kits you'll find in Australia will be the canned variety. I would highly recommend making the jump to developing your own recipes. They can be very simple and still make excellent beer (all the extract recipes in my drop-down are pretty simple). I think you will have better luck finding a la carte ingredients and the beer will be better.

Back