FermZilla 27L Tri-Conical v3.2 - Starter Kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terminata

Reaction score
I'm getting back into home brewing after about 15 years off... I'm seeing a lot of changes in equipment and kits. I did mostly malt extract kits and bottle ferments for carbonation. That over with; I got a new kegerator and three corny kegs. Two 19 liter and one 11 liter (for cider). I plan on going with extract kits again. I'm looking at the 'Mangrove Jack' and the 'Crafted Beer' kits...

I am seeing this new piece of equipment: Kegland Fermzilla 27L Tri Clamp Conical Fermenter V 3.0. With the way I'm planning on brewing, is there any advantage to me and/or results in better beer by using that fermenter
?

hi welcome to hbt
15 years is a long time. a lot has changed and a lot has stayed the same. i think temperature controled fermentation is arguably the biggest innovation in homebrewing. that i think at this point has really become the norm more than the extreme. that and oxygen has probably made the biggest difference in making good beer at home.
congrats on your kegerator that has made a really big difference in my homebrewing
in the states we cant really get mangrove jack kits. but they are very popular in UK and the sister site has tons of reviews on them. the mangrove jack juicy grapfruit ipa gets very good reviews.
the abc crafted are repackaged Mangrove jack kits and ive tried all except the wheat kit. the draught and stout are the best . the pilsner is ok. they are all under hopped. and need dme not sugar to make them to 5 or 6 gallons otherwise they are patheticallyt thin. coopers arey preferrred kits overall.

that fermenter is sweeeeeet!

its pressurizable. are you planning to do pressure ferments. if not how do you plan to cool it down. thats a big fermemnter and you will either need cooling coil and chiller or a big fermenting chamber to fit in in.
my two cents

I think I'm going to carry on with my stainless steel primary and glass secondary carboy for now. I did buy a Buon Vino Mini Jet to polish my product as I pump it into the keg.

Back