The Big Box of Yum

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I live in Lombard, but have all of my stuff sent to work in Aurora. Pretty sure TheMan is in Aurora too or somewhere within a could miles of me.

We need to get fins, thatjonguy,SavoryChef and LoloMT7 in here, Kansas, North Dakota, Nevada and Montana respectively would help get across

Who said what? I'm in!

Here goes the Current List as of 7.25.14!

WOBrien - Plymouth Meeting, PA
JohnnyHitch - Suffolk County, NY
TheMan - IL
Hello - NC
JMCM_Brew - Salisbury, MD
JWerner - Laport, MN
BigMike - Long Island, NY
JTD_419 - Pomeroy, WA
DrPhunk - Rockford, IL
DarthCitra - Huntingdon Beach, CA
Canti4341 - Plano, TX
BFord - Houston, TX
Leubega - Los Angeles, CA
ColdCrash - Hanover, PA
InvictusBrew - Manhattan Beach, CA
Val214 - Long Beach, CA
BGBC - Jersey City, NJ
IGotSand - Vista, CA
AbsoluteHamm - Lombard, IL
Blizzard - Denver, CO
Hawgwild81 - Cabot, AR
NuclearRich - Hampden, CT
ABeasst - Raleigh, NC
FinsFan - Manhattan, KS
ThatJonGuy - North Central, ND
MedicMang - Athens, OH
DisturbedChemist - Spring, TX

I think we may have enough to skirt around the country, but would still like to see more from the south west and middle states. Not sure of the shipping time from MN to WA, probably two to three days?

Also, we are getting a bunch of repeat states. I want to see everybody get in on this box, but unless we start shipping interstate or back and forth in certain areas, please be patient. With the repeat states, I think if we found other bordering states with some participants we can bounce it around. IE NY to CT to PA to NY to wherever. WA to CA to AZ back to CA to somewhere, etc. Or we can just keep passing it around. The recipient is entirely up to the sender.

Hey Jason, did you throw blueberry donuts and jerky in that thing yet?

I can rep Ohio with some fun local shtuff.

Hey Jason, did you throw blueberry donuts and jerky in that thing yet?

I can rep Ohio with some fun local shtuff.

LOL those were all gone within fifteen minutes after opening the box. Those donuts were top notch! I just got the Randalls in last week. One for the thread and one for me :) I'll get you added to the listings.

This might be a dumb question :confused: but with the randall how long do you let it steep with your mix and do you lose a lot of carbonation?

You would definitely want to filter it. You unscrew the green cap only, the white cap includes a metal screen to filter out the floaties.
The carb holds in pretty well if you seal it tight. The only instance were I lost ALL carb was with coconut and BCBS and with cake frosting. The oils from said product killed all the head and the carb.
Depending on how strong of a flavor you want, anywhere between five and 20 minutes. At 20 you are pushing the carb to its limit, the magic spot is around 10-12 minutes I think.
Also, as a note, when pouring the beer into the randall, go slow so you keep as much of the carb as possible. If you go in with an aggressive pour you will lose more.

Anyway we could keep a running list of what combos have been randall-ed and how they came out?

In the initial box is a green folder with the start of an HBT recipe book. Its the senders job to add a page to the book with whatever recipe's they want their recipient to try. The recipient can check out what has been done before, but their assignment should be the last page.
Maybe the person trying the recipe out can give it a grade of A+ to F written on the pages so we can really get a barometer of how good of a mix it is.
Any votes for Yay or Nay on that?

TheMan - IL
Hello - NC
JWerner - Laport, MN
JTD_419 - Pomeroy, WA
DrPhunk - Rockford, IL
Canti4341 - Plano, TX
BFord - Houston, TX
ColdCrash - Hanover, PA
Val214 - Long Beach, CA
BGBC - Jersey City, NJ
IGotSand - Vista, CA
Blizzard - Denver, CO
Hawgwild81 - Cabot, AR
ABeasst - Raleigh, NC
FinsFan - Manhattan, KS
MedicMang - Athens, OH

I think we may have enough to skirt around the country, but would still like to see more from the south west and middle states. Not sure of the shipping time from MN to WA, probably two to three days?

Also, we are getting a bunch of repeat states. I want to see everybody get in on this box, but unless we start shipping interstate or back and forth in certain areas, please be patient. With the repeat states, I think if we found other bordering states with some participants we can bounce it around. IE NY to CT to PA to NY to wherever. WA to CA to AZ back to CA to somewhere, etc. Or we can just keep passing it around. The recipient is entirely up to the sender.

Throw me on the list!!

Though me on the list!!

Aye! Just added you to todays list. I'll try to keep it updated everyday. I'll use Monday as a way to update from the weekend since I'm inactive. If you see this and want to hop on in sometime during the weekends, shoot me a PM and I'll add you to it come Monday morning.

Unpacking this one was extra exciting. Really looking forward to getting down with the randall. Thanks Jason, great idea and a great box. That cheese steak was insane. Can't wait to pick out some cool stuff to send out.

Damn!
Now I am going to have to bug my folks to bring out some scrapple and Tasycakes when they come out next weekend. Where was the cheesesteak from? It was definitely not from Pudge's--shipping one of those behemoths would be expensive (but worth it).
Great concept and please consider getting the box through the C-bus. I have some great buckeyes (brews and otherwise) to get out to the next spot.

Damn!
Now I am going to have to bug my folks to bring out some scrapple and Tasycakes when they come out next weekend. Where was the cheesesteak from? It was definitely not from Pudge's--shipping one of those behemoths would be expensive (but worth it).
Great concept and please consider getting the box through the C-bus. I have some great buckeyes (brews and otherwise) to get out to the next spot.

Bought and shipped from Steve's in downtown CC. I work not that far from there so it was convenient.

I'll get you added to the list, Columbus, right?

Crap, forgot to include the standard 90 days 100 posts do-hickey at the start of the thread! I'll make you the exception to this, but try to get your post count up in the next few weeks by participating on the boards.

TheMan - IL
Hello - NC
JWerner - Laport, MN
JTD_419 - Pomeroy, WA
DrPhunk - Rockford, IL
Canti4341 - Plano, TX
BFord - Houston, TX
ColdCrash - Hanover, PA
Val214 - Long Beach, CA
BGBC - Jersey City, NJ
IGotSand - Vista, CA
Blizzard - Denver, CO
Hawgwild81 - Cabot, AR
ABeasst - Raleigh, NC
FinsFan - Manhattan, KS (Volunteered for multiple shipments as a representative for the middle states, so we can send to him a few different times, hopefully staggers and not back to back)
MedicMang - Athens, OH
DisturbedChemist - Spring, TX
Brew_Dude41 - Columbus, OH

Just a heads up, since I am the only one from the KS/MO/NE/OK area, I dont mind taking one for the team and receiving this more than once to pass along to others on either side of me. :D

Just a heads up, since I am the only one from the KS/MO/NE/OK area, I dont mind taking one for the team and receiving this more than once to pass along to others on either side of me. :D

That rocks! I don't see a a lot of traders from those specific areas, so that would be a big help.

I'll update that.

So made a little mock up and it was going great until everyone in Cali lives within like 30 miles of one another, lol

Edit: Also realized I resized it down a little too much, not that it matters since it's ship to who you want...

BBoY.jpg

So made a little mock up and it was going great until everyone in Cali lives within like 30 miles of one another, lol

Edit: Also realized I resized it down a little too much, not that it matters since it's ship to who you want...

lol still missing large swaths of area between Cali and TX and in both the northwest and south east. We have some time, I'm sure this will fill in nicely before then.

I might change jobs in a few weeks, but until then it's pretty affordable for me to overnight ship anywhere in the continental US.

The box I shipped was about 14 lbs. Thaymt was four brews, Randall, ingredients, ice pack and food. Overnight it would probably be around 30ish I think

The box I shipped was about 14 lbs. Thaymt was four brews, Randall, ingredients, ice pack and food. Overnight it would probably be around 30ish I think

Retail overnight on that would be a lot more than $30. That might get you an envelope cross country...at least with the guys in brown.

For those not on untapped I did surly smoke with home made candied bacon. Probably the most savory liquid this side of actual BBQ sauce

Back