The Big Box of Yum

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its here! I'll be shipping Monday and the recipient will have on Tuesday. Let's fumigate all areas for no squirrels people!

1405601069605.jpg

After mikeysab's incident, I've had my dog watching the front porch for me.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1405613486.408973.jpg

She doesn't like tasty kakes but she loves squirrels! :rockin:

I think my pup may be your dog's offspring. 50/50 beagle/golden mix. She is perhaps the most retarded dog I've ever seen, but she LOVES to chase wildlife.

I'll be on pa this weekend. When can I come and buy that dog a beer?

Haha. To be honest that's not my dog, but looks a lot like her. It is worth noting that my neighborhood is infested w rabbits, but none come near my yard.

Here's a real pic of my dog:
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1405631361.359985.jpg

Going on Monday, only things not pictured for Randall concoctions is the grapefruit and some home vanilla I have to bottle this weekend. Everybody call out sick on Tuesday in anticipation! One of you will get lucky lol

1405709829682.jpg

Going on Monday, only things not pictured for Randall concoctions is the grapefruit and some home vanilla I have to bottle this weekend. Everybody call out sick on Tuesday in anticipation! One of you will get lucky lol

All that AND sour patch kids?!?! Looks like i'd sneak the Randall with me to the theaters and enjoy an infused brew during the movie with the candy! lol :ban:

is Jack Skellington included!? jkjk awesome mug!

All that AND sour patch kids?!?! Looks like i'd sneak the Randall with me to the theaters and enjoy an infused brew during the movie with the candy! lol :ban:

is Jack Skellington included!? jkjk awesome mug!

This picture didn't include the food items either. Those will be ordered on Sunday and frozen.
The SPK's are for one of the canned items shown in the picture :) You don't have to use ALL of them, at least some of them have to find their way to the randall. The box will include the start of the recipe book shown earlier in the thread.

This picture didn't include the food items either. Those will be ordered on Sunday and frozen.
The SPK's are for one of the canned items shown in the picture :) You don't have to use ALL of them, at least some of them have to find their way to the randall. The box will include the start of the recipe book shown earlier in the thread.

I had no idea SPK went with beer! I'll have to try a mini version in my mouth and just swish it around! lol

Weather looks very ideal for shipping today, recipient will have this box tomorrow. I'm holding onto it until the very last minute to keep the ice pack solid. Everything 'should' arrive very cold if not still frozen. Here's hoping they get it in time. I'll announce arrival time and place tomorrow once it lands.

UPS notified for pick up....so if you have UPS notifications, you should have an email, text message or smoke signal...however they set up notices

I don't know about anyone else who is one day away from duffman, but the suspense is killing me

Last time I shipped to this person it arrived mid-afternoon if I remember right. I'll put up an alert when it lands tomorrow. I watch my boxes like a hawk :fro:
How does notifications work? Do they tell you something is incoming or if something is already delivered? Do you need to know the tracking number in advance or is it address oriented?

Was that the time the box got attacked by squirrels? ;)

Who is to say that not more than one box has been invaded by rodents? lol
:D
I tried to make this box as rodent proof as possible. I coiled up some cardboard above the beer that is on the bottom of the box to keep the conductive cold from dropping the temp in the bottles and cans too fast, which may of caused a burst can or busted bottle. Pretty ingenious for a blond Pollock. In retrospect I would of been better using the bottles and stuff above the cooler bag, but didn't want a chance in shifting materials to also cause a break.

Damnit. I had a ups notification but it's only for a portugese brandy sucre and sitr kumquats. Was hoping it was this. Not a bad consolation though.

Out for delivery; and here goes the clue I'll give.
If in 1776 General Washington had stationed some troops here, the outcome of the war would of been a tad bit different. Since it was left undefended, the Brittish were unfettered and found an undefended road called the Jamaica Pass. By mid-August General Howe had nearly 30,000 troops gathered here, the largest single force assembled by the British in the eighteenth century.
Clue ended :mug:

Who got it? The anticipation is killing me.. ok.. it isn't killing me, but I'm waiting eagerly to find out who the lucky cheesesteak recipient is... :ban:

And as I finished typing that, I looked over to my right and see a wee bottle of home made vanilla extract that I didn't add to the box. :facepalm:

So you just added the bottle of wee mistakenly? That'll be interesting in the Randall with the sour patch kids.

Woohoo, its me!!!!!! I texted my wife to get it in the house and she was home when it was delivered. I'll be home in about a half hour. Will post pics of the yummery. Thanks Jason. Really looking forward to digging in.

Woohoo, its me!!!!!! I texted my wife to get it in the house and she was home when it was delivered. I'll be home in about a half hour. Will post pics of the yummery. Thanks Jason. Really looking forward to digging in.

That box should hopefully still be cold. There was two ice packs, one frozen block of a meat product and a good ole fashion cheese steak in the cooler bag. Every thing for the Randall is packaged separately.
Forgot the whole cone hops...they are in the cooler bag too.

Unpacking this one was extra exciting. Really looking forward to getting down with the randall. Thanks Jason, great idea and a great box. That cheese steak was insane. Can't wait to pick out some cool stuff to send out.

1406059602525.jpg

1406059621407.jpg

Oh, btw, both ice packs were still partially frozen. The bigger one obviously more than the other, but everything in the cooler was cold. I'd say a two day trip would be the max for this. The scrapple was cold but thawed

Oh, btw, both ice packs were still partially frozen. The bigger one obviously more than the other, but everything in the cooler was cold. I'd say a two day trip would be the max for this. The scrapple was cold but thawed

The weather was definitely on our side for this one, it could of been much warmer than it has been. Glad everything made it in the trip and really looking forward to seeing what you wind up sending out and to whom.
So officially; tag, your it man :mug:

Oh, scrapple, how I miss you. Very cool idea, happy to see it working out so well, subbing to see all the neat stuff!

While I have this, shoukd we make a list and put it in the first post of who is interested in receiving it? Just to make it easier than flipping through every page. Maybe include locations too.

While I have this, shoukd we make a list and put it in the first post of who is interested in receiving it? Just to make it easier than flipping through every page. Maybe include locations too.

Aye, I can do that tomorrow when I'm pretending to work. I can go through the pages to add names and general locations. I have a few addresses still in my book.
I'm hesitant to have people send me their addresses, but if people want to send me an In email with their locations, or even just respond with a post stating your location we can compile and update as required.

Latest posts

Back