The Big Box of Yum

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't been able to think of anything BUT randall combos and what to send that really screams NYC. I have a food item picked out that i'll get the day I ship. more experimenting is necessary.

Whats the nickname of NYC again?

So tonights randallizations are going well so far. Fear of a brett planet with sour patch kids up first. I think I didn't let it sit long enough. Not much flavor from the candy. So second was a gandhi bot with spk's soaked twice as long. More candy flavor this time
Interesting. Randalling now is a choxolate shake porter on.....drumroll please.....coconut and nutella. Looking forward to that one.

Well, i've been using the randall wrong. Like an idiot, i was putting the ingredients into the little tiny screened section and turning the whole thing upside down. More experimenting is necessary

Wow what a difference. Now that i'm using it right, the chocolate shake porter with coconut and nutella is awesome. The coconut and hazelnut really comes through nicely. More experimenting is necessary

Here goes the Current List as of 7.23.14!

WOBrien - Plymouth Meeting, PA
JohnnyHitch - Suffolk County, NY
TheMan - IL
Hello - NC
JMCM_Brew - Salisbury, MD
JWerner - Laport, MN
BigMike - Long Island, NY
JTD_419 - Pomeroy, WA
DrPhunk - Rockford, IL
DarthCitra - Huntingdon Beach, CA
Fernsanity - Dallastown, PA
Canti4341 - Plano, TX
BFord - Houston, TX
Leubega - Davis, CA
ColdCrash - Hanover, PA
InvictusBrew - ??
Val214 - Long Beach, CA
BGBC - Jersey City, NJ
IGotSand - Vista, CA

Thought we had more. Maybe we can just blind side people in the middle states with a BIF box to keep it going cross country?

Actually, if you can update me I'm living in Los Angeles now. Forgot to update the ol' profile

Video reviews also encouraged.

Now that there is a fantastic idea. I'm a bit worried about sending video of myself...it would be almost like opening the ark of covenant and having everybody having their faced melt off. Ok, I may not be THAT ugly, more like behind bars in a circus side show ugly.

Here goes the Current List as of 7.24.14!

TheMan - IL
Hello - NC
JWerner - Laport, MN
JTD_419 - Pomeroy, WA
DrPhunk - Rockford, IL
Canti4341 - Plano, TX
BFord - Houston, TX
Leubega - Los Angeles, CA
ColdCrash - Hanover, PA
InvictusBrew - Manhattan Beach, CA
Val214 - Long Beach, CA
BGBC - Jersey City, NJ
IGotSand - Vista, CA
AbsoluteHamm - Lombard, IL
Blizzard - Denver, CO
Hawgwild81 - Cabot, AR
NuclearRich - Hampden, CT
ABeasst - Raleigh, NC

I think we may have enough to skirt around the country, but would still like to see more from the south west and middle states. Not sure of the shipping time from MN to WA, probably two to three days?

Also, we are getting a bunch of repeat states. I want to see everybody get in on this box, but unless we start shipping interstate or back and forth in certain areas, please be patient :)

I'm in AR not AK. I wish I was in AK right now. So freaking hot here and the humidity is ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I'm in AR not AK. I wish I was in AK right now. So freaking hot here and the humidity is ridiculous.

Sorry about that, I was thinking AR but got side tracking thinking about a gun project my brother in law is working on.
All fixed

Here goes the Current List as of 7.24.14!

TheMan - IL
Hello - NC
JWerner - Laport, MN
JTD_419 - Pomeroy, WA
DrPhunk - Rockford, IL
Canti4341 - Plano, TX
BFord - Houston, TX
Leubega - Los Angeles, CA
ColdCrash - Hanover, PA
InvictusBrew - ??
Val214 - Long Beach, CA
BGBC - Jersey City, NJ
IGotSand - Vista, CA
AbsoluteHamm - Lombard, IL
Blizzard - Denver, CO
Hawgwild81 - Cabot, AR

I think we may have enough to skirt around the country, but would still like to see more from the south west and middle states. Not sure of the shipping time from MN to WA, probably two to three days?

Also, we are getting a bunch of repeat states. I want to see everybody get in on this box, but unless we start shipping interstate or back and forth in certain areas, please be patient :)

I live in Lombard, but have all of my stuff sent to work in Aurora. Pretty sure TheMan is in Aurora too or somewhere within a could miles of me.

We need to get fins, thatjonguy,SavoryChef and LoloMT7 in here, Kansas, North Dakota, Nevada and Montana respectively would help get across

I live in Lombard, but have all of my stuff sent to work in Aurora. Pretty sure TheMan is in Aurora too or somewhere within a could miles of me.

We need to get fins, thatjonguy,SavoryChef and LoloMT7 in here, Kansas, North Dakota, Nevada and Montana respectively would help get across

+1 to this
I'm fairly certain that the list will grow in the coming weeks. Most likely not enough people are aware of it. With a 2-3 week lag time between recipients, we should have pretty much all the continental states represented before September/October, I think.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1406206187.696680.jpg

Um... awesome thread. Count me in to represent Connecticut. If I recieve a box, I will ship it back out with insurance bills and high taxes.

Hmm... You're neighbor has Carton and Kane, but Night Shift, Trillium, Cisco, Mayflower, JACKS ABBY all make me not want to trade. I'll give you Rhode Island. :drunk:

Nightshift and Wormtown would be my top two, but not putting Jack's Abby in there makes me hurt, too.

Did you mean actual beer trade? I took it as you wanted to get rid of NJ and have a better state closer to you

Where are the Randall updates WITH pics!??!

Side note: I had a berry berliner last night paired with a churro and it was an awesome combo. I wonder if i can include a warm churro with my box:drunk:

Where are the Randall updates WITH pics!??!

Side note: I had a berry berliner last night paired with a churro and it was an awesome combo. I wonder if i can include a warm churro with my box:drunk:

If you follow him on untappd he had some pretty good reviews of what he has tried to date.

If you follow him on untappd he had some pretty good reviews of what he has tried to date.

I just requested him and you. Forgot my old untapped loggin :confused: so made a new one. I guess ill have to start using it more often, i use instagram to capture my beer adventures .

Better believe if I get this I'm sending out some Maryland crabcakes!

Haha, i haven't had a regular beer since i got it. Wb gose with grapefruit and cascade didnt work out too good. I think the salt and grapefruit didn't go well together. Not terrible but not an improvement

1406243661171.jpg

Haha, i haven't had a regular beer since i got it. Wb gose with grapefruit and cascade didnt work out too good. I think the salt and grapefruit didn't go well together. Not terrible but not an improvement

Thats stuffed!!!!! You need something sweet to compliment the salty finish of the gose! I love salted caramel...i wonder :drunk:

Poor mans prop. 1/2 the bottle with coconut, the other half with coconut and coffee. If you can't get a prop, this is a pretty good fill-in

1406245071495.jpg

Back