Masstoberfest 2014

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ouch.

No "Requirements," but strippers are a classic "Thank you" gift for the host.

That said, bring some of your beer to share, bring a dish of some sort (don't ask me what to bring. Make somethingv you like and bring it. Or buy an Entermanns coffee cake. You get the idea.)

And bring you brew rig and brew with us. And bring an appetite.

requirements for attending further include very thick skin to avoid serious injuries from barbed insults being slung throughout the day, and also high boots to avoid BS stains that will get higher as the day gets longer.

Regarding the removal of dead hookers, why do you think he built a shed? No one wants to admit that there are things buried under there. Of course, now that he has a boat, one must be concerned with why all of his coolers are large enough to hold a body, and why he has a newfound interest in collecting very large, untraceable pieces of iron. He's saying forge, but he's really thinking dropweights out past Stellwagen bank......

And when the shovels and bags of lime come out, it's always best to find something else to do away from the shed's footings, so that you can maintain probable deniability when the detectives start asking questions.

You also must never bring up anything about Utopias.......well, at least anything past Utopia #1.....

I, on the other hand, as a past winner of the Masstoberfest, have been blessed with the ability to produce perfect beers. They just sometimes gain off-flavors during the transit to PTN's house, or boat, I guess.

Wish I would have known I would have come up and brought beers.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

We're here for a few nights. Come up tonight when you get out of work. We're at the Jubilee YC just over the Salem/Beverly bridge. Hell, you can all come up and we can hang on the boat and drink. But no way am I spending another night in the cabin with Al. Tiny enclosed space, minimal sound proofing/absorbing material and listening to her snoring? No f'ing way.

My old man's still working on scoring me an old brake drum for the forge. I'm wondering about an old steel rim; that should work too, shouldn't it?

Two packs for you smarty pants.

If some if you don't understand that exchange, I do some part time work at the medical clinic at the homeless shelter out on Long Island in Boston Harbor. The most common ailments we see over the winter are foot problems. The clients are outside all day in the rain/snow and get wet feet. Not a problem for you and I, we go home and put on dry shoes and socks. Big problem if all of your belongings are in the rucksack you are wearing in the rain/snow. Last year I asked everybody coming to Masstoberfest to bring a package of new white athletic socks and I wound donate them to the clinic where they would be put to good use.

It is NOT an entrance fee by any stretch of the imagination. If you can afford it and you agree that there is a need and you wish to help than I'd welcome your help. We all choose where we donate our time/effort/money.

For that matter, we all have different economic circumstances and needs. If you personally are pressed for cash and are thinking that you can't come to Masstoberfest because things are tight and maybe you don't want to show up empty handed, please come anyways. This is about comradery and fellowship between local brewers and friends. If you are just a dickhead and think it will be funny to show up with a bag of frozen broccoli that's cool too.

And if any of you *****enozzles think you'll get a big laugh by bringing a frozen pizza and mocking my wicked pissah pizza oven I'm gonna sick Yeager on yo azz. Just saying'.

And if any of you *****enozzles think you'll get a big laugh by bringing a frozen pizza and mocking my wicked pissah pizza oven I'm gonna sick Yeager on yo azz. Just saying'.

It turns out that I actually have to work that weekend- well, at least the 24,25, and 26th, so I'm not going anywhere at all.

But NEXT year, I will come. Frozen pizza and socks in hand. And for this year, please take lots of pictures and post them in a "neener, neener" kind of way so that I feel bad and wish I was there.

bird, you had September 1st but I think..... yup, Big John had August 31for the official bail out date by the Yoop. Everybody who picked owes John a buck. Winning $312 is a nice way to start your Sunday morning, John

Haha. Very funny.

I dunno, maybe if I felt more welcome, I'd make more of an effort.
Nah, that is not it. I really do have to work.

Retirement must suck Yooper. Always having to work and stuff.
We could probably send you a bud light and Ellios pizza, and you can stand in your backyard and hurl insults at yourself. It'll save you the airfare.

Sent from the kingdom of beer.

Retirement must suck Yooper. Always having to work and stuff.
We could probably send you a bud light and Ellios pizza, and you can stand in your backyard and hurl insults at yourself. It'll save you the airfare.

Retirement does not suck! What sucks is getting hired back to fill in, and then being put on the schedule without anyone telling you!

I'll go ahead and skip the Bud Light and pizza, but I have no problem hurling insults at myself. I must say that Paul is particularly gifted at insulting me, though, and I will have difficulty trying to think of good ones that would be befitting PTN.

Let's see. One time he said, "Oh yeah? Well YOU are". That one was a humdinger.

Humdinger was big in the fifties.

( that's funny cause Yooper's old. I wanted to make that clear seeing it is mostly massholes in this thread)

Back