Masstoberfest 2014

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Humdinger?

Did you really just say humdinger? Seriously? Could you possibly be more of a dork?

Well of course I could be more of a dork. Even the dorkiest of the dorks could be more so. Instead of the term dork, however, I prefer eccentric.

I never claimed to be cool or hip or whatever young folks call it these days. Except for you, Paul. You are even older and dorkier than I am.

The only thing that makes me kind of cool is that I can brew beer. I know that doesn't impress this group much. But I like to think it makes me a little bit hotter than your average middle-aged dumpy grandmother.

Sumptin's been bothering me since you bailed and I couldn't figure it out. So I went back and read the thread.

I have to skewer you with this.

You know I wuv you...

but what happened to the cousins wedding in Buttsex Indianna? Christ!! They're ALREADY divorced?
Dammit. I put $500 on 'by Christmas'

Dammit!

Sumptin's been bothering me since you bailed and I couldn't figure it out. So I went back and read the thread.

I have to skewer you with this.

You know I wuv you...

but what happened to the cousins wedding in Buttsex Indianna? Christ!! They're ALREADY divorced?
Dammit. I put $500 on 'by Christmas'

Dammit!

Oh no it's still on. It's a big huge to-do. I won't say we weren't really invited. But our invitation must've been lost in the mail. According to Facebook it's going to be quite the event.

All spankage proceeds go to buy socks for the indigent.

And together we can cover Yoop's plane fare. Hell. It costs $500 an hour to spank a naughty girls azz in Providence. If you think about it this is practically a Groupon type thing...

I'm doubling down!!!!

This is like shooting smelt in a barrel.
Who wants to spank Yooper's azz?

Whoooo!

Whoooooooooo!

Ok. The line forms to the left. $50/ chance.

No.

Cash only.

Did you really need to ask?

Oh, you are just so darn cute! You have a boat, a nice wife, and a pretend pizza oven. I think you're great.

So... I'm just catching up on the thread, my 5 month old son keeps me busy. Plus back to school for the 7 yo.

Not to derail the excellently witty banter, but I wanted to make sure I know what's going on. So anyway, the entry "donations" appear to be as follows:

1) bring your brewing rig
2) bring a food item
3) a package of socks

Now related to Item 1:

a) I'll need to bring my own propane tank correct? as I have a very basic propane fired BIAB system.
b) What about water? Should I bring bottled? or will our gracious host be providing?

Do I need anything else? I'll likely bring my inline filter and drinking water hose just in case its needed.

There's enough offgassing from the bodies under Paul's shed where you shouldn't need to bring a propane tank. Just stick a hose in the ground and ignore any body parts that critters might have dug up; there should be enough methane coming up for at least three or four batches.

So... I'm just catching up on the thread, my 5 month old son keeps me busy. Plus back to school for the 7 yo.

Not to derail the excellently witty banter, but I wanted to make sure I know what's going on. So anyway, the entry "donations" appear to be as follows:

1) bring your brewing rig
2) bring a food item
3) a package of socks

Now related to Item 1:

a) I'll need to bring my own propane tank correct? as I have a very basic propane fired BIAB system.
b) What about water? Should I bring bottled? or will our gracious host be providing?

Do I need anything else? I'll likely bring my inline filter and drinking water hose just in case its needed.

Beer? Honestly you could just bring yourself and you'd be welcome at Pauls.

I did forget to mention I'll likely bring some of my homebrew as well. Though, I'm currently running low(8 gallons at the start of last winter, to less than 2, most of it is a high abv winter/christmas ale from last year)...

Sadly a very pregnant wife, then a screaming infant tends to lend itself to less brewing time. I did just brew a pumpkin ale, though it wont be ready to bottle in time for Massobterfest.

I did forget to mention I'll likely bring some of my homebrew as well. Though, I'm currently running low(8 gallons at the start of last winter, to less than 2, most of it is a high abv winter/christmas ale from last year)...

Sadly a very pregnant wife, then a screaming infant tends to lend itself to less brewing time. I did just brew a pumpkin ale, though it wont be ready to bottle in time for Massobterfest.

Cool!

Sadly I understand the lack of brew time having been there myself.

You don't NEED to bring anything other than yourself. However, you are encouraged to brew with us and to do that you need to bring your set up, including propane. If you forget some vital ingrediant The Witches Brew is a 15 minute drive away and Steve will be open from noon till 5 that day. After 5 he'll be at the party.

I have a hose or two set up for everyones use. I use that same hose delivered water when I brew, the water is fine. It has no off tastes and isn't overly chlorine-ish. You can, of course, bring your own bottled water should you choose to do so. Be sure to bring a solid stopper for the top of your carboy for the ride home. I'd recommend bringing some tape to go around the carboy/stopper joint just to make sure it doesn't blow off from getting sloshed around in the back of your car on the ride home.

Don't worry about the sock thing, if you want to bring some that's fine, they'll go to a good cause. If you don't, no problem. There is absolutely NO "donation" requirement. Same thing with the food. If you bring something that is great, if you can't, no problem. Don't stress over it, it's all good.

You don't NEED to bring anything other than yourself. However, you are encouraged to brew with us and to do that you need to bring your set up, including propane. If you forget some vital ingrediant The Witches Brew is a 15 minute drive away and Steve will be open from noon till 5 that day. After 5 he'll be at the party.

I have a hose or two set up for everyones use. I use that same hose delivered water when I brew, the water is fine. It has no off tastes and isn't overly chlorine-ish. You can, of course, bring your own bottled water should you choose to do so. Be sure to bring a solid stopper for the top of your carboy for the ride home. I'd recommend bringing some tape to go around the carboy/stopper joint just to make sure it doesn't blow off from getting sloshed around in the back of your car on the ride home.

Don't worry about the sock thing, if you want to bring some that's fine, they'll go to a good cause. If you don't, no problem. There is absolutely NO "donation" requirement. Same thing with the food. If you bring something that is great, if you can't, no problem. Don't stress over it, it's all good.

How about if I have a case of socks, amd I still out?

Nah I'm good... I certainly don't mind contributing to a good cause. Just need to make sure all my ducks are in a row, and I have everything I need. I'd hate to get there and find out I forgot something.

I'm going to try to get my wife to bake something, she's quote the baker... maybe some of her cookies and cream cupcakes, or her Guinness ones.

Cool, so I won't be the only one with a huge sack this year. You'll probably be busy brewing Paul's beer for him too.

I'll probably either bring Brown Beer, Brown Sugar Cookies, or the Bacon Chocolate Stout Brownies again.

I found it. I am in the canadiens Jacket looking to the right...

lovely.JPG

That's a lot of desperation for one person to own and yet still poke fun of the people he wants to hang out with.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Its not poking fun, its ball busting. What you guys dont see is, its ok for people to bust my balls, but when i do it back, you guys take it personally. Its really aweful that it has gotten this far

Who? Me? Hardly. Yoop and I are pals, the type of pals you can only be with someone after lying awake for hours listening to their drunken snoring.

I was the one with bleary eyes the next morning. Just sayin'

Oh, and by the way, I wasn't snoring.

I was TALKING to you. It might have been drunken talking, but it wasn't drunken snoring. I know, you're a man and heard "Blah blah blah" which must have sounded like "zzz zzz zzz".

I just wanted to set the record straight, so that I don't sound like someone who snores just in case someone was considering having me for a houseguest.

Oh no, you were snoring. You had that whole Curley Howard thing going on.

Does that make me Mo and Alice Larry or Alice Mo and me Larry?

Who wants pictures of the next morning when we took our bath?

(That last part should DEFINATLY score you a few invites should you ever leave West Buttfark.)

That's a lot of desperation for one person to own and yet still poke fun or busting balls, of the people he wants to hang out with.

Its not poking fun, its ball busting. What you guys dont see is, its ok for people to bust my balls, but when i do it back, you guys take it personally. Its really aweful that it has gotten this far

FTFY...

Just found out that the company golf tourney is on the same day. It should be over by 2 so I will be there...just a tad later than normal.

Yeah Will WTF!!..Would you rather play golf in a boring golf tourney or have pizza in a homemade pizza oven..I know what I would rather do. I'll bring my sticks.

Bring those CC cookies you make every year..

Back