Masstoberfest 2014

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ain't nothing quite like you and the Mrs starting the day by emptying the magazine. Makes the whole world seem better somehow.

Just don't hurt anyone Paulie...

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410203223.963526.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew because it impresses people

Cool idea. The wife and I just moved to north Easton a few months back (never been in the New England area before) I would like to do something like this too since I have a good sized place. I will keep my nose to the wind that weekend and smell for the beer!!!

Cool idea. The wife and I just moved to north Easton a few months back (never been in the New England area before) I would like to do something like this too since I have a good sized place. I will keep my nose to the wind that weekend and smell for the beer!!!

Welcome to Massachusetts!

Nice to know I was missed... :D . I shall attend said fest, and will bring my bag o' rocks ... :beard:

I don't know. I've poked my head in a few times and heard nothing but crickets.
Thinking about heading to TWB Shop tomorrow night if i can get my sheet together and get a list going.

Glad to hear that you'll be there Smurf. Your stein-beer is always a big hit.

For you guys who haven't made it to Masstoberfest, stein-beer is brewed by heating rocks in a fire then dropping them into the brew pot to boil the wort. Smurf is the hot rock expert. Like I said at the start of the thread, you will definitely see different ways to brew that day. Don't get more 'different' than Smurf and his bag o' granite.

That should be interesting to see. They did it on that show Brew Dogs with lava rock, but I'm looking forward to seeing it in person.

Lava? Lava?

Son, this is New England. Wankers use lava and brew onTV.

Real, honest, New England brewers use granite that they chewed out of the hillside using their teeth, not some sexually suspect rock that oozed out of the ground like a wheat beers krausen through a tripple bubbler. Then they heat it in a fire they built in a snowbank. And then they brew the beer to an ABV north of 8 or so, and put it in baby bottles for the chillins.

Lava. You gutta be sh!ttin' me!

PTN, i see you have a new fire pit... yes?? iffin not, will have to dig out a lot of ash in the old one ... :( ... :beard:

Glad to hear that you'll be there Smurf. Your stein-beer is always a big hit.

For you guys who haven't made it to Masstoberfest, stein-beer is brewed by heating rocks in a fire then dropping them into the brew pot to boil the wort. Smurf is the hot rock expert. Like I said at the start of the thread, you will definitely see different ways to brew that day. Don't get more 'different' than Smurf and his bag o' granite.

I seem to remember that I was the nice guy that aquired his granite

Latest posts

Back