FotHB V: KNO3 + S8 + C7H4O

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwistedGray

El Jefe Brewing Company
Reaction score
Cautionary note - Please read through all pages of the thread as I only have a limited ability to update/edit the first post. Therefore, information on this post may be outdated.

Hello everyone,

Welcome to the fifth Fellowship of the Home Brew trade thread!!

This thread is all about sharing home brew with one another. I love my brew, but I love yours more. So from your house to mine, and vice versa.

So how does it work?
1. If you're interested in participating, let us know in this thread.
2. Send me descriptions of your Home Brew offerings (see previous FotHB).
3. A few days before the drawing I will post a full list of all the offerings along with posting the randomized pick order in 5min intervals.
4. If you are not going to be around for the pick send me a pick list order so that I can put your pick in for you.
5. On pick day, show up at your time slot to submit your pick. If you sent me a pick list I'll cover you. If you fail to send a list or show up you go to the end of the line.

Rules, there must be rules...
- Continental US residents only
- Must be of legal drinking age (I feel dumb having to actually type that, but prefer not to risk getting thumped by Yooper)
- Participants must have at least 1 iTrader rating, of course 100% positive; otherwise, just PM me your mail trading experience. Newbies are welcomed but vetted by their peers.
- The final rule is the participant must give feedback on itrader of their experience.

Offer Guidelines
- Minimum offerings are 4-12oz bottles of your favorite Home brew; ANY beer style along with ciders, meades, hard lemonades, sours, etc.
- If possible, 4 different styles is preferred, but we understand how difficult that can be so no flogging if it's not possible. :)
- Be willing to share recipe and explain your brewing techniques to those who request.
- Be willing to give constructive and useful feedback on the homebrew you received to aid our fellow brewers if requested.
- Guidelines are just that, guidelines. Final shipments may, and many times do, exceed the offering posted. Extras are not required and should not be expected. You should be okay with receiving the offer as-is.

Current Timeline
06/06/2018 - Start thread
07/04/2018 - Offers due by
07/06/2018 - List of offers and pick order posted
07/08/2018 - pick day starting at 8am PST
Current timeline is subject to change depending on feedback from participants

Picks will be at approximately 5 min intervals depending on the number of participants. For example, if we exceed a certain number of offers a 5 minute pause to update with current available offers will be inserted as needed.

Hahahaha

I’ve gotta see if I’ll have time to make some more beer. I’ve been traveling like crazy and my HB is kinda low. Planning to make a monster stout soon as well as another NEIPA; but, don’t know if they’ll be ready by 7/4.

Hahahaha

I’ve gotta see if I’ll have time to make some more beer. I’ve been traveling like crazy and my HB is kinda low. Planning to make a monster stout soon as well as another NEIPA; but, don’t know if they’ll be ready by 7/4.

Psst, lemme tell you a secret...the majority of us don't ship "on time". No excuses, bwhahah (not to be used against me in the future).

Yeah, I’ll be getting back to that soon. For this round, I think I’ll do a week old NEIPA

Looks like I’m gonna have to hit up the LHBS this week. I bought a new conical a few weeks ago and haven’t sent it on its maiden voyage, yet. Guess it’s time for that...

Do y’all ever take requests? I’m set on a big stout but I’m probably gonna have to brew one more for this thing and I’m open to do whatever...

Do y’all ever take requests? I’m set on a big stout but I’m probably gonna have to brew one more for this thing and I’m open to do whatever...

Do you have a go to Homebrew? That’s what I would want from any homebrewer.

I mean you can certainly provide only two varieties. I guess just provide multiple of those two varieties? Honestly I don't think too many people are going to complain, lol.

My two cents, we all want to get feedback on our beer and hopefully this is an outlet where we can all express ourselves and be open and honest with each other.

...one variety you might get beaten with the stick, correction you will be meeting with the stick!!

Fair enough. I got some Hull Melon hops recently and haven’t used them, yet (or ever before). Wanted to try them in a NEIPA.

Scratch that. Cupcake stout and kale NEIPA it is.

I’m going to be in California for all of July, but I’m jealous of all of you. Signaling my interest for the next round at the very least

I skipped number 4 because of my daughter's wedding. I have been patiently awaiting for this one to start. I've got two new ones on tap, one cold crashing right now, and one getting brewed Friday. I am most definitely in.

Back