Fellowship of the Drink XIX - Beers at the 19th Hole

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gonna go ahead and hijack this thread for a quick second! My wife has me peddling cookie dough for her club - California Nursing Student Association of MCCSNMPC (<---acronym for her school's name); the proceeds from the cookie dough sales go to fund nursing student travel and membership dues should the nursing students want to join the national Nursing Student Assoc. Anyways, figured I'd harass you guys! The cookie dough comes in 40 preformed cookie dough balls which you can freeze or refrigerate, but they're also shelf stable for a few weeks.

NOTE: Please add $10 to an order to cover some of the shipping, and I'll toss in some homebrew beer with the shipment to sweeten the dealio!

Ordering is good through the 8th, and dough should arrive on November 6th.

ps: I will be in Maryland the second(ish) week of November (East side of the beltway, 30min sound of Annapolis), so I could hand deliver some if anyone of our Maryland friends are interested.

Also, because I have hijacked this thread, I promise to join the next FotD with a very hard to get offer! By hard to get I mean plane -> taxi -> ferry -> on foot (or golf cart). This offer is non-distributed outside of the island that it brewed on. Anyways, enough teasing : )

Here are the cookies should you be interested, and should you not be interested please buy some cookies for me to eat for you, bwahahahaha!
IMG_20190928_144643.jpg

Gonna go ahead and hijack this thread for a quick second! My wife has me peddling cookie dough for her club - California Nursing Student Association of MCCSNMPC (<---acronym for her school's name); the proceeds from the cookie dough sales go to fund nursing student travel and membership dues should the nursing students want to join the national Nursing Student Assoc. Anyways, figured I'd harass you guys! The cookie dough comes in 40 preformed cookie dough balls which you can freeze or refrigerate, but they're also shelf stable for a few weeks.

NOTE: Please add $10 to an order to cover some of the shipping, and I'll toss in some homebrew beer with the shipment to sweeten the dealio!

Ordering is good through the 8th, and dough should arrive on November 6th.

ps: I will be in Maryland the second(ish) week of November (East side of the beltway, 30min sound of Annapolis), so I could hand deliver some if anyone of our Maryland friends are interested.

Also, because I have hijacked this thread, I promise to join the next FotD with a very hard to get offer! By hard to get I mean plane -> taxi -> ferry -> on foot (or golf cart). This offer is non-distributed outside of the island that it brewed on. Anyways, enough teasing : )

Here are the cookies should you be interested, and should you not be interested please buy some cookies for me to eat for you, bwahahahaha!
View attachment 646111
What! No brownies?

Received today. And despite Doug/Mark's best efforts at destroying this shipment, everything remained intact. The box was more round than rectangular, and was split open in two places, neither of them were seams. Congrats to @LoneTreeFarms for getting this to me in one piece! Also, a nice variety of additional non-IPA's. HA! @TwistedGray

The great glassware made the trip, but didn't make the picture. It's already washed and drying.

20191004_184425.jpg

Received today. And despite Doug/Mark's best efforts at destroying this shipment, everything remained intact. The box was more round than rectangular, and was split open in two places, neither of them were seams. Congrats to @LoneTreeFarms for getting this to me in one piece! Also, a nice variety of additional non-IPA's. HA! @TwistedGray

The great glassware made the trip, but didn't make the picture. It's already washed and drying.

View attachment 646839

Shut up! I'll be there for the next round and probably gobble up all the IPA offers :(

View attachment 646839

Glad they all made it safely. Despite Doug’s best efforts. I really struggled with the non iPa’s and sours. Hopefully there’s a bit of variety there for you!!
Cheers!

View attachment 646839
Dang those all look good!

Every October when my birthday rolls around, I realize I meant to start a birthday club among the FotDers. Because what could be better than making your online beer buddies birthday better by dropping a six pack on their doorstep? Anyway, I'd like to get it rolling for the upcoming year, limiting it to 12 people, and ~72 oz packages. For those who have no idea wtf I'm talking about, the "Birthday Club" members each send a small package of beers to each of the other members in the weeks leading up to their birthday. What that means for you is this: you send out 11 small boxes of beer to 11 different people, at predetermined times of the year. In return, you receive 11 small boxes of beer in time for your birthday.

Any interest? Additional thoughts?

Every October when my birthday rolls around, I realize I meant to start a birthday club among the FotDers. Because what could be better than making your online beer buddies birthday better by dropping a six pack on their doorstep? Anyway, I'd like to get it rolling for the upcoming year, limiting it to 12 people, and ~72 oz packages. For those who have no idea wtf I'm talking about, the "Birthday Club" members each send a small package of beers to each of the other members in the weeks leading up to their birthday. What that means for you is this: you send out 11 small boxes of beer to 11 different people, at predetermined times of the year. In return, you receive 11 small boxes of beer in time for your birthday.

I will never say no to GOOD beer

I’m game. And not just bc I have a November birthday...

If you want a mystery box there is a thread for that - Local Only Trade (https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum/threads/local-only-trade-lot.548354/).

The draw with FotD is that you know what you are getting, at least from the base offer perspective. If I want a stout-heavy offer, I usually have that option. If I want a sour-heavy offer, I almost always have that option.

If it were a gamble and the person on the other end doesn't know my style preference, I may get an entire offer of beer that I could not physically drink. The idea is cute, but again there is a thread for that.

If you do this, the mystery boxes should almost completely contain one style of beer (or similar styles) because you still fall into the trap of possibly getting beers you cannot drink or do not want to drink. If you show one stout and ship one stout and a half dozen DIPAs, it would be a sad unboxing day (for me).

Loved the LOT trades. That's where I started trading. Sending my first shipment to @TBC a few years ago, been fun.

Back