DIY Braumeister outlet and cord installation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sweatequitybrewing

Reaction score
Hey all, purchased a 2015 Braumeister recently and want to get it up and running. Im attempting to do the electrical work myself but im lacking a bit of knowledge.

The machine is 3200w and 230V. I’ve got a spare 240v breaker spot in my electrical box. Would simply just buying a 240v/20a outlet and plug to match be what’s needed here?

Cutting the European plug off the cord that came with it exposes 3 wires, Brown (phase), blue (neutral), and yellow/green (ground). Would I just wire this to the 240 plug as ground to ground, phase to a phase and then use the neutral wire as the 2nd phase?

Would I just wire this to the 240 plug as ground to ground, phase to a phase and then use the neutral wire as the 2nd phase?
Yes.

You should also insure that the breaker you add to the panel is a GFCI breaker. A plain breaker protects the wires, but the GFCI protects YOU.

Brew on :mug:

I bought a heavy 50-foot 120V cord, making sure it was happy with the Braumeister's draw, and put my own ends on it. If it doesn't get hot, it's the right size.

Back