Announcing the third (or is it the fourth?) annual Masstoberfest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HELP!
What is the Paypal donation cut-off date, again?

I am away from my main computer rig, and don't have my paypal stuff (convoluted passwrd) memorized. Can I enter mid-day Friday?

Alright, was probably said earlier, but what time's this party getting started?

Looks like I'm coming by my lonesome, Bean has dance class and she's missed the past couple when we've been out of two, so looks like I'm coming out by myself.

Incidentally, that does mean anyone else out on the western side of the state, we can carpool in.

Gotta make my way down to the HBS tomorrow, I'd like to finally get another Belgian dark strong brewed but I don't have any of the ingredients in stock.

Raffle ticket purchased, and I too forgot to put my HBT user name in the comments.

DEET DEE DEE!! :ban:

PM sent to PTN for info. I might show up during the day. Would be cool to meet folks.

"Oops. I just purchased a raffle ticket THEN read the first post. I did not put my HBT handle in the notes section. Can I send my receipt to someone to match-up my name with my, well, name?"

I did the same dang thing...What should I do?:drunk:

{PTN} "otherwise PTN will be hearing about if for the next several years."

Ah, us men-folks have all spent some time in the doghouse, at some point or another... they even found evidence of it in ancient caves!

Note that UPS doesn't deliver to doghouses - ask my dog!

Tangent: anybody attending the Masstoberfast has a used sawzall (or equiv.) for sale...?
(no we are not taking PTn's countertops off!)

I've got to say, I'm starting to get stoked about this gathering. Might steal a couple hours of company time this afternoon and drive over for ingredients. Thinking that I've really been jonesing to brew a dark Belgian-style ale, but since I do not currently have the yeast I'll have to trust in a smack-pack instead of making a starter.

I nitro'd up two kegs a' sweet stout Weds night and am planning on bringing one. We'll see how it is. I tasted it and it seemed ok. I'll check it out tonight maybe now that it should have a carb on it.

Am I bringing my jockey box or not?

I've got a keg of a pretty decent American Amber that I wouldn't mind sharing. I may bring a keg along, or I may just fill a growler or two.

More to the point, don't be chopping sheet on her brand new counter top without a chopping board 'cause otherwise PTN will be hearing about if for the next several years.

PTN

"and there is a penalty for that?"
"Oh yes, you go to da box, 2 minutes... you, you feel shame."

More goodies in todays mail. As promised, Jaybird sent a 15" hinged false bottom that will be a part of the all grain set up. He also included a 12 inch hop stopper that will fit nicely in the bottom of someones brew kettle. I think we can offer that as a separate prize. These are two VERY nice pieces of brewing hardware. I swear by my false bottoms, I have one in both MLT and BK and they are first rate. Boy, with the number of prizes being donated everyone is going to go home with something.

PTN

Any preference between at-Masstoberfest or Paypal entries..?

BTW, I hear Paypal is playing games with some active members - making them "merchants" with special fees. I wonder if this flurry of activity on one single account is going to trigger anything?

Any preference between at-Masstoberfest or Paypal entries..?

BTW, I hear Paypal is playing games with some active members - making them "merchants" with special fees. I wonder if this flurry of activity on one single account is going to trigger anything?

Whatever's convenient for you.

I was already set up as a merchant, so no changes there. I'm taking care of the fees. Every penny you guys donate will go to Jeff and his family.

This sounds like a good time, I think I'll make the trip down. I won't be brewing, so I'd love to get the wine bottled if you think it's possible. I have a floor corker if a second is needed, I really can't remember where the bottlenecks were during the last bottling.

I have a little less than a case of my Pumpkinator that I'll be bringing along. I wanted a solid case but I've been drinking it too much, haha. Probably gonna brew up a pale ale tomorrow. If anyone needs anything little from the LHBS let me know and I'll grab it before I head over.

Paul, what time is it cool to head over? If I'm brewing the earlier the better.

Back