Announcing the third (or is it the fourth?) annual Masstoberfest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jesus...

How many HBT folks DID we have?

We should continue this thread and with the pics, put some more faces with log ins.

Not a good "profile pic" but this is me (in the navy blue and white stripes pull-over)... openly mocking Paul.

lovely.JPG

I didn't take very many pictures - too afraid of leaving an unattended camera! Bad enough I got a glimpse of Paulie's tattoo when he was brewing, I don't need to see anything any worse than that.

Was there a final tally on how much money was raised for Jeff in the raffle?

Hey Paul and everyone else I got to meet,

Thanks, I had a good time for my first homebrew gathering. It was nice to meet you all and get feedback on a few of my beers.

Also, the party favor (giant bag of pork) is awesome. I'm devouring it now on my lunch break.

Hope to see you all again soon.

-crombie (john)

Great time ..Thanks to everyone of you very friendly brewers for such a fun time..Brian gets the prize for the most awesome jockey box..

I am in the middle ... TheBird is on the right and on the left I think it is Guido?? .. please complete the puzzle

showphoto.php
[/url][/IMG]

+1 on the jockey box rocking. That's made me consider going to kegs before long. Not ready to take the plunge yet, but I've already started pricing parts. :)

Wow. Thanks for the compliments on the jockey box. Frank's got a six-tap just like it... Only since Frank and I have to one-up each other, I went with the seven-tap. So mine is OBVIOUSLY way better!

Nah... I just happen to find a sweet deal on a seven pass cold plate so thats why it is seven taps.

Now picture my seven-tap next to Frank's six-tap... And then eight MORE taps... With all of em pouring homebrew... And that was our club cookout this year.

Where the heck did you find one with 7 passes? I think the most I saw was four in my probably not-so-thorough Google searching.

Hmmm... those are pretty decent prices compared to some of the other suppliers I came across. I'm not ready to take the plunge, but I will definitely check back on ebay before I do anything. Thanks for the heads-up.

This is me (DakotaRules) standing on the right, PTN (middle) and Frank (left)

1131-masstoberfest.jpg

Thanks to Andy for the photo.

Thanks Paul for a fantastic gathering.
So when is the pulled pork competition?
We should start planning for the January gathering now...

Hey!! Just now getting a chance to get on here as this week has been busy. It was so great to meet everyone! I want to thank Paul for putting this together and making it such a great event for everyone. We're looking forward to the next one! :)

So when is the pulled pork competition?

Next year's Norton International Homebrew Festival and Competition (mid July sometime)

And "pulled pork"?? Nah... pulled pork is JV. I'll let Paul do pulled pork. I'll let folks judge my entry they way it is supposed to be eaten... right off the hog. You get a small plate of BBQ sauce (and I'll put mine up against Paul's no prob), you take a piece of meat right off the hog, dip it and eat away.

There's nothin' better.

It won't even been close.

[/hijack]

I have a few updates that are of actual concern to most people who are reading this thread, Cape can go back to trying to convince everyone that his BBQ is better than mine later on. Good luck.

So here is where things stand at the moment.

I got an e-mail from one of the SSBC members who was also attempting to solicit prizes from the raffle and he received a $100 gift certificate from Northern Brewer as well as a few smaller items like posters and tee shirts. I also received an e-mail from the winner of the 26 gallon pot in which he states that he is not currently able to use such a big brew pot nor does he expect to be in the future. That is certainly understandable, I guess that there are few people who actually do have the capacity to use such a big kettle.

Here is what I am going to do.

I am going to send the $100 gift certificate along to the winner of the big pot as a 'consolation' prize and offer up the pot to the highest bidder. You have until Monday morning to get your bids in by PM to me. (Winners will still be responsible for any shipping costs. The pot is around 43 pounds, in a box and ready to go. I imagine that shipping would be expensive, it does not say on the box how much it cost to ship it to Mass from CA.)

Of course, the money that we get from the auction for the pot will go into Jeff's fund.

PTN

Also, someone left a crock pot here. While it is a very nice crock pot and appreciate the gesture, I already have one. Besides, eventually your SWMBO is probably going to notice that you didn't bring it home and she's probably going to want it back. But they are your gonads, you decide.

At the risk of causing some titillation among certain people here, that pot is HUGE and THICK. It's about as nice a pot as you'll ever see.

If I had the capacity, I'd so be after it. Like the_bird said, that pot is a thing of beauty. I almost want it just so I can put it in a corner and marvel at it. I was drooling over it all day. Well, in it's general vicinity. I didn't get any on it, so don't let that dissuade you from bidding... ;)

This thread is going to get out of hand! That pot is huge! i would love to bask in its glory again or at least feel the heat coming from a burner big enough to heat it.

Would it be dirty pool to trump you biatches by waiting till the end and outbidding you all by $5? I know the guy running the auction, I got an in.

Just kidding, I promise to play nice.

PTN

But c'mon? $150? I'd pay $150 just to see it filled with boiling wort.

If only I had that kind of capacity to us a 26er... Hey maybe the winner can invite folks over for a brew session, charge to see it in action and donate the proceeds. :D

I'll give you $5 if you let me touch it.

Kind of brings me back to my alter boy days...

OK, snap out of it.

200 bucks? That's the best you got? While that's a little more like it, I KNOW some of you want it more than that. I saw you all leering at it, that intense, glassy eyed look. You know, the one that Yeager has when he walks past the Victoria's Secret shop at the Mall... Go inside, Yeager. Look around. It's okay to pick up a few things. Feel pretty nice, don't they?

No, you can't try anything on!

Not here. But you can buy it and take it home. And when you are behind closed doors where no one can see you then you can. You can... you can... you can BREW with it.

Well no, not you Yeager, you would need to learn how to brew first, but the rest of you get my meaning, right?

Dig deep, a chance like this don't come around that often.

PTN

Back