Announcing the third (or is it the fourth?) annual Masstoberfest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I get a firm yes from enough people so I know how many are coming I'll do it. But I need firm commitments. It's not a hot dog, you don't just pop it in the microwave.

Well, Cape does in his little hole in the ground but I'm talking real BBQ'd hawg.

PTN

I'll be there. I've never had your "real BBQ'd hawg", but Cape's is one of the best I've had. Could yours be better?

I am very likely in. It's likely I will only have some pumpkin ale to share. Maybe I can slow down on this IPA and bring a few bottles along as well. Paul, could you PM me details? I'd love to meet some fellow homebrewers!

On a different note... I wonder if we can get Yoop to fly in?

It would be cheaper to drive. I drive to Indiana and Kentucky for about $300 round trip, and I drive a Dodge Ram 2500 with a Cummins diesel. Diesel prices are higher than gas, and if Yoop drives a more economical vehicle, she could probably make the round trip for much less. Plus, comparing plane tickets for 2, and the cost of a rental car, driving would be MUCH cheaper.

Just sayin...

Thank you to Josh for fixing my computer.

OK, in the past few day's I've received the following new donations:

$25 Gift Certificate from Beer and Wine Hobby in Woburn, MA.

Two Kits from Modern Homebrew Emporium in Cambridge, MA, including one that the manufacturer is donating part of the proceeds towards prostate research. (WTH, we're all getting older.)

A $25 Gift Certificate and a 26 gallon heavy duty brew pot from More Beer.

After much debate and soul searching we've come to the decision that only folks who are at the BBQ are eligible to win the Patriots tickets. If you've lived here for a while you probably remember what the old Sullivan Stadium was like. Basically the team sucked and since there was no reason to pay attention to what was going on down on the field the stands were a touch rowdy. It was a toga party in the stands. Well fortunately for us all, the Krafts cleaned out all of the hooligans and put a great football team on the field. But that comes at a cost. They tolerate no fools in the stands. If you end up getting your brother in laws tickets and act the fool he can lose his seats. They don't fart around with this and there are no second chances. So the guy who is donating the seats wants to know who is getting the seats, if only so he can hunt him down and kill him if he acts like an ass. Also, the team regularly monitors the secondary market and if they find someone selling tickets on Ebay they pull the tickets. So sorry to everyone who won't be able to be here, but that's is the way we need to do it to protect the ticket owners investment. I understand that the tickets will be for the Halloween weekend game.

PTN

As I scanned to forum briefly, I noticed that even though there are 2 threads about supporting Babs, if you aren't clued in, it is easy to miss out on this. I think a new thread in the gen chit chat titled "homebrew equipment raffle" or such with a brief discription of whats up and some links would increase the numbers of people hearing about the raffle and increase the number of tix purchased... personally I have an interest in keeping the pool small, but that runs counter to the purpose of doing it... just something to think on.
-Hippie

That's a good idea but I don't want to become the guy who just won't shut his freaking mouth about a topic. I think that what we are doing is a great thing, but I don't want to become an irritant by shouting from every rooftop and beating it to death.

I don't know, those are my off the cuff thoughts on your suggestion, but I'm perfectly willing to be overruled if the consensus is that more is better. I'd appreciate it if the guys who are following this thread would chime in. I can be convinced and let's face it, it's not like I haven't been a PITA before.

PTN

Just a quick Q: Is this event carpet shark friendly or should we leave the kiddies at home?

Thanks =D

Hehe sorry, colloquial slang for children =)

I looked it up on urban dictionary and apparently it means a very different thing elsewhere in the U.S. :drunk:

Well behaved brewers, future brewers, wanna be brewers and friends of brewers of all ages, ethnicity, gender, political persuasion, and 'orientation' are welcome. It will be like the Democratic National Convention, a collection of drunken freak-show escapees.

Screaming, whining brats of all ages get tossed in Bertha with the hog. Word up, Rick.

PTN

Right now the odds are VERY good that you will win something if you enter the raffle. C'mon folks, snatch up those raffle tix. Where else are you going to get an all grain rig for $20?

(Personally I want that conical, but it's probably best if I don't enter the raffle. I don't want to have to listen to 500 idiots scream that I rigged it if I win. No-one would believe me when I told them that I wasn't smart enough to rig the raffle. :drunk:)

PTN

One more thing. For those of you with absolutely no friends, no job and no life you will be able to watch this little shindig on da computa. Yeager and Joos are going to set it up so that they broadcast straight from my driveway to your mothers basement.

God help us all.

PTN

Just bought my raffle ticket.

"Come on, momma needs a new pair of shoes" (or at least a new brewstand):D

Have fun, all. Hope you raise lots o' funds.:mug:

What's the last date to buy into the raffle?

Day of game tickets are available at the box office and online up until one hour before game time. That gives us time to get everyone's name into the proverbial hat and lets the starting pitcher get his warmup tosses in.

PTN

Back