Announcing the third (or is it the fourth?) annual Masstoberfest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just now. I don't remember exactly how to get to his house (you think *I* live in the sticks?), so I just sent him a PM asking where I should pick him up.

How hard did you look? :confused:

DSCF3259.jpg

DSCF3253.jpg

More goodies in todays mail. As promised, Jaybird sent a 15" hinged false bottom that will be a part of the all grain set up. He also included a 12 inch hop stopper that will fit nicely in the bottom of someones brew kettle. I think we can offer that as a separate prize. These are two VERY nice pieces of brewing hardware. I swear by my false bottoms, I have one in both MLT and BK and they are first rate. Boy, with the number of prizes being donated everyone is going to go home with something.

PTN

Ohh I am so glad they showed up today!!
Glad I could help... Give my best to the family!!!
PTN You are 1 heck of a good guy to do this my man!!
Cheers
Jay

He's not even allowed on my street anymore.... Getting stuck under ptns truck at the u2 brew was enough for the asphalt in my neighborhood

it being January, and water being splashed at the opening of your garage door were obviously non-factors...

To all the Masstoberists: I wish I could be joining you guys, this event has been on my calender for some time now, but unfortunately events have conspired against me and I just can't make it:mad:. I will be thinking of you all throughout the day. Have a blast and hoist one for me.
-Hippie

Trying to make it last minute fell through, have fun all and maybe I'll be able to make it next year.

Just took a peek into this thread, and managed to get an entry in literally 1 minute before the deadline! I hope the donation helps!

Aaaand in my hurry to get the entry in on time, I forgot to update some of the information - the entry that came from an email address at drbh.net is mine.

PTN, thank you for hosting such a great event. It was good to meet you all in real person! Hope to do it again for another good cause or at least next year for a good time.

Thanks everyone and especially Paul for hosting. Was a great time. Paul, I forgot my red crock pot. I work in Randolph, can I pick it up from you sometime this week?

Hey... It was great to hang and meet everyone! I will post the pictures I took tomorrow!! Thanks Paul for hosting the party!! You Da Man!!

Hey also remember if you want to donate to help out Jeff you can send donation here!

Michelle Fitzgerald FBO Jeffrey Fuller*
c/o Eastern Bank*
226 Main Street*
Wareham, MA 02571-2114*
Donations can also be made in person at any branch

Later,

Gweedoe!!

Hey Paul,
Quality work today and bang up job on that rig dude that thing is like clockwork. I made it home safe and sound and am having a few glasses of water to help wash down the pig i had. Tasty stuff though boss. It was like a jerky. It was nice.

First off, a huge thanks to PTN. Great spread, great time, thanks for making the raffle what it was, a great success.

Thanks to everyone who bought tickets and everyone who helped to get the prizes. And congrats to the winners. All totaled we raised $3500 for Jeff and his family today. Great job everyone!!!!!!!!!:mug:

Hey... It was great to hang and meet everyone! I will post the pictures I took tomorrow!! Thanks Paul for hosting the party!! You Da Man!!

Hey also remember if you want to donate to help out Jeff you can send donation here!

Michelle Fitzgerald FBO Jeffrey Fuller*
c/o Eastern Bank*
226 Main Street*
Wareham, MA 02571-2114*
Donations can also be made in person at any branch

Later,

Gweedoe!!

Woah, woah, woah. That's my town. I don't know Jeffery Fuller or Michelle Fitzgerald. What's the story?

NM, I found it, he's the EEE case in Middleboro.

I am seriously going to try to get our homebrew club going to this event next year. Is there an email list or just pay attention to the forums around what, September?

Awesome day, Paul, had an absolute blast (as always). Great to see some of the same folks again, and great to meet some new peeps. Asking for forgiveness in advance for anyone's names I forget by Massbotoberfest 2011.

I have so much to say but the curtain of alcoholic confusion has come down on my brain. So I'm going to bed. In the meantime, until I wake up, slough off my hangover and find my soapbox I want to thank everyone who came over today and made Masstoberfest 2010 such a wonderful success.

All that said, I had a great day and I'm done. G'night.

PTN

LoL. Like you said Paul, "the curtain of alcoholic confusion has come down on my brain."

For next years Norton International Homebrew Festival and Competition, you bring your oil tank and I'll use my pit and we'll lay the results side by side.

Thanks again for the fun time ... and thank you Jay for the carpool. Totally worth the trek from VT...great to see how successful the fund raiser was.

Maybe one of those fancy 3 keggle things is in my future..

At the risk of swamping the folks here with even MORE pics, here is what I found on my camera when I got back:

http://s716.photobucket.com/albums/ww165/kappclark/Masstoberfest2010/

OK, so I just watched 30 minutes of the live feed where Yeager talked about the pro's and con's of breast feeding. I thew up a little in my mouth.

No actually, I threw up a lot.

PTN

Haha.... I saw that too.... FUNNIEST THING EVER..... I was watching last night too and my wife said "Craig, what are you watching?!?!?"

Thanks again to everyone who came and made the party such a great time. I had a blast and I hope you all did as well.

And how about that clinic on "How to Make Every Single Brewing Mistake Known to Mankind" that I put on yesterday?" I always say to folks that the knowledge you get watching someone brew is invaluable. You could go 20 years and never see so many goof ups. Like I said yesterday, it will probably be my best beer ever and I'll never be able to replicate it.

PTN

I need to update my list of "HBT'ers who you've met in person," but I'm not sure I'm going to remember everyone who was there. Even knowing there were a bunch of non-HBT people there, that must have been one of the biggest Homebrewtalk gathers of all time (not counting the conferences).

Thank you so much Paul for hosting an excellent get together. :mug: Alicia and I are both really glad we made it down there. It was a great group of people. Totally looking forward to next year.

Back