Your favorite type of post-er on HBT:

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Posters that use plural pronouns.

When we brew stouts...
Our mash tun holds...

Do they sit next to each other at the computer and alternate key strokes?
Im assuming these guys brew in club meetings but it still gets me.

These guys tend to be the ones that already have a "house yeast" and a "house pale ale?" and a name/logo for their brewing "company" Really? You're less than 20 gallons into this thing....

Im assuming these guys brew in club meetings but it still gets me.

These guys tend to be the ones that already have a "house yeast" and a "house pale ale?" and a name/logo for their brewing "company" Really? You're less than 20 gallons into this thing....

First batch! Help me design my logo and labels.

I'm that guy.

My least favorite poster is the arrogant one who states with absolute authority that if I don't follow his way I can't possibly be brewing good beer.

We all know:

sith.jpg

I'm that guy.

My least favorite poster is the arrogant one who states with absolute authority that if I don't follow his way I can't possibly be brewing good beer. Second to that is the Junior Chemist/Biologist.

In 1633 Galileo was found guilty of heresy for defying the "conventional wisdom" and pointing out that regardless of what the authority said, his observations showed that the earth revolved around the sun.

"It's absolutely impossible to brew good beer without strict temperature control"

Yeah? Who am I supposed to believe, you, or my lying taste buds?

I brew for fun, and for tasty beer. That's why I consider this a hobby.

IDK. I definitely agree that it's hard to mess up beers in most way -- but I've tasted enough of other peoples' ****ty bubblegum beer for a few lifetimes. If you're fermenting without temperature control then I want no part of it. Probably the one area of brewing that's a requirement in my opinion.

Note that temperature control doesn't have to be a full-blown fridge STC unit. You can get by with sonofachambers, ice/water baths, cold basements etc. But people fermenting at roomtemp? Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiit

IDK. I definitely agree that it's hard to mess up beers in most way -- but I've tasted enough of other peoples' ****ty bubblegum beer for a few lifetimes. If you're fermenting without temperature control then I want no part of it. Probably the one area of brewing that's a requirement in my opinion.

Note that temperature control doesn't have to be a full-blown fridge STC unit. You can get by with sonofachambers, ice/water baths, cold basements etc. But people fermenting at roomtemp? Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiit

... I can ferment very clean beers at room temp. The key is that I only brew what will fit the current ambient in my basement. If it is summer, then I make a saison. Winter, I can not quite lager, but ferment an ale very cool. Room temp is a relative term.

... I can ferment very clean beers at room temp. The key is that I only brew what will fit the current ambient in my basement. If it is summer, then I make a saison. Winter, I can not quite lager, but ferment an ale very cool. Room temp is a relative term.

fact. our basement room temp is quite cooler than our main floor which is slightly cooler than our upstairs. and the room where I keep my wine and bottled beers is cooler than the rest of the basement.

... I can ferment very clean beers at room temp. The key is that i only brew what will fit the current ambient in my basement. If it is summer, then i make a saison. Winter, i can not quite lager, but ferment an ale very cool. Room temp is a relative term.

74f

The poster that asks for advice and never replies or provides feedback after saying something along the lines of "OK i'm going to try this when I get home tonight, thanks!"

Im so guilty of this....

The person who says something idiotic, and then gets quoted on it, then goes back and changes the original, as if we can't all see the quoted text.

Another one from today:

"Need help on a SMaSH recipe."

I suggest trying a single malt with a single hop.

I'm guilty of this. My only defense is you still need ideas on the amounts. I found one recently based on a commercial beer using pilsner and mosaic. Sounded great but wasn't something I considered.

I only read the first couple posts, still prefer my glass carboys and my favorite type of poster is the berry punching bald F-er.
I love sarcasm and don't appreciate grammar police.

And this forum needs a flipoff smiley.

me. I am my favorite poster. I am courteous and share all sorts of brewing knowledge.

i litrally don't thank not a one person could argue with that fact brother man. I mean, i ain't no expert what so ever, but from what I can gather, you make the freshest damned ipa around, and thats really saying sumpthing considerin all the top uh the line brewers we got roun her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back