Your favorite type of post-er on HBT:

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joshesmusica

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Besides Gary Oak, what is your favorite type of person posting on HBT? I'll start:

The guy who reads the first post of a thread, immediately skips past the 50 posts of conversation, gives advice that has already been concluded, at around post 8, isn't the issue. (I say guy, because weirdly enough, I've never seen one of our female HBTers commit such a crime yet).

Please no specific names, unless the person has already been kicked off of here! ;)

Ok, I'll play.

The posts that show up in the For Sale section immediately following a post for an item for sale laying claim to various parts of the item for sale and asking if the OP is willing to "part out" the item, even after the OP has stated that he is selling his item as a unit.

Keezer for sale: "Hey, I'll take the left hinge off of the lid if you are willing to sell part of it" Followed quickly by. "I'll take the temperature probe for the STC1000 if it is available" and so on and so on...

my favorites are the ones that tell you everything you do is wrong because they have X-many years experience or have won awards or specific blah blah blah. I know I'm not the best brewer out there and don't claim to be. I'll continue to learn from my brewing peers, but I'll ignore the arrogant ones.

Pretentious, hipster- why do people like x beer, or why is it a craze/fad. Obvious choice is our weekly IPA threads, but its spreading. Just drink what you like and stop complaining. Your palette is not the 8th wonder of the world. Just. Stop. Complaining. Sorry your bars are bad, sorry your bottle shops suck. Now go drink.

Anyone who takes themselves too seriously.

IMG_20140925_172720550.jpg

The "I've been using glass carboys for years.. You just need to be careful." To the post of one who stated he had used glass carboys for years, was always careful then - tap.....

Ah yes - the anecdote > data posters. E.g.: highly respected experienced chemist explains in detail why a product does not, will not, and can not possibly work as advertised, and the explanation is met with "well, I use it and I like it and my beers got better when I used it so FU."

I like the guys who have some issue or question with their technique/recipe and then get all butt hurt when people tell them whats wrong with it. I thought you had to be an adult to be allowed to brew beer...
:sarcasm:

I'm going for a Hill Farmstead meets KBS meets Westy 12 meets Heady meets Rochefort kind of thing with a rich mouthfeel, yet dry, and a massively hoppy punch. My recipe is [some ridiculously complicated kitchen sink conglomeration of 20 different malts in measures down to a single ounce]

It's been in the fermenter for 72 hours and it's just not what I'm after, so I'm thinking I'll pull 2 gallons and reboil with 8 lbs of Mosaic and [outrageous plan to "fix" the recipe, followed by]
Think it'll work?

No. No, I do not.

The guys who question any purchase of expensive equipment. They start by calmly asking what benefits does the item have over a cheaper item. It then goes back and forth nitpicking on the value of the item vs other cheaper items. Often it also includes hire easy it is to make your own implying that welding or electrical work is really not that hard. By the end the buyer of the item is fully defensive and the poster can't understand why because 20 posts ago all they wanted to know was what value the high priced item had. I honestly think these people don't do this on purpose but they are really being jerks by trying to make people feel bad about the money spent on an "overpriced" item. It boils down to trying to force people to live the way YOU think is right. Drives so crazy I had to find the ignore function.

wait wait, another favorite would have to be the "Is this infected?" people that open their buckets with the lid entirely off, spend 20min getting the best angle and focus for pictures of what is just yeast rafts, and then ironically end up infecting their beer

What's with the BIABers? They swoop into every mash discussion and attempt to convert people to the dark side of brewing? I get it, you brew in a big pillowcase. Now leave me alone with my Igloo cooler. I like my Igloo cooler. When I'm camping I can use it to drink slightly off-tasting water.

It's like a cult. :D

Billy & Jon pretty much said it for me. I've always related things as truthfully as possible. If you don't agree with or believe it, fine. but don't get all bent out of shape & start name calling because you don't. If ya ain't got nothin' good to say, then stfu...

The "I've been using glass carboys for years.. You just need to be careful." To the post of one who stated he had used glass carboys for years, was always careful then - tap.....

And conversely, the "you and everyone you love will be murdered by glass carboys in your sleep so don't even think of having them in your house" people.

I am fond of the jokesters who don't add anything particularly useful to any topic but insist on having something to contribute.

Is why I love this forum. You never see those kinds here.

Guys... We've already covered the 'evils wrought upon the world by glass carboys in the Quality of Articles thread.'

Just a few examples that prove the point quite well. You've been warned, they will kill you in your sleep.

He's not lying.

My grandfather was killed by a Kamikaze carboy during the big one (WWII).

The bastard dove right into the side of his ship. They're crazy I tell you!

images.jpg

They slammed two carboys into our side, chief. Vessel went down in 12 minutes, 1,100 men went into the spilled beer. About an hour later, the first drinkers showed up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back