you still use hops in your beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
End of story. True Beer.

You keep using that word...

Inigo Montoya.gif

I knew there was good reason to not like Miller Lite...it’s TRIPLE HOPPED!

The true enemy of True Beer! Down with ML!! Down with hops!

[insert fake beer picture here]

We should ask the mods to introduce a specific true beer subforum

There should at least be a category for it in the recipe section. I anticipate the section is going to be flooded with true beer recipes soon.

#truebeer

I wonder how much gypsum Bru'n Water is going to suggest to add to my mash of 3 sheets of drywall...

I see True Beer TM becoming the next SMaSH and great for beginning brewers so they can learn the pure flavors of different types of drywall

I quit my job, sold my house and am negotiating a lease to open a True Beer business. It’s more than a tasting room, I am inviting my patrons into a whole new sensory experience, complete with a shovel for digging their own bones!

I’d post more but I don’t want you heathens of hopped beer to steal my idea.

I'm thinking about getting into the drywall farming business. A nice gentleman in Nigeria sent me some e-mails on the subject and says he can help me -- all I need to do is front him some seed money.

Agreed...well I'm off, that drywall isn't going to mash itself

Everyone knows that gypsum enhances the flavor of hops. I've taken it to the extreme and found that by using nothing but pure gypsum in the mash, hops aren't needed at all. It has its own hops flavor--without hops! True Beer(TM) FTW!

Anybody see the hops sale over at Farmhouse? I think with the True Beer(tm) movement, they are having trouble moving their stock...

They even state that they aren't doing pre-orders this year because they will have enough of everything for everyone...

Anybody see the hops sale over at Farmhouse? I think with the True Beer(tm) movement, they are having trouble moving their stock...

They even state that they aren't doing pre-orders this year because they will have enough of everything for everyone...

Big savings for those heathens who make untrue beer.

The real question I have is whether True Beer uses external artificial carbonation, or if only natural CO2 from yeast is allowed. As we all know, that's absolutely critical in determining the reality of the OP's recipes.

(yes, I've already riffed on this theme. You gonna start something?)

I brewed a beer today and instead of grains I used weeds and grass clippings. I am going for a Brett-like character so I used an old dirty sock I found in the garage for a 60 min addition and some horse hair for a 5 min addition.

These “additions” took the place of both yeast AND hops. Win/win!

This may be the truest of my true beers yet!

There was a troll here? In this thread? Guess I forgot what all the hubbub was about.

Carry on.

One man’s troll is another man’s prophet. Hop heathens will continue to be hop heathens and there is nothing a True Beer brewer can do about it.

[emoji482]

Could I get a few opinions here? Fixin' on unleashing some Truth.

80% 2 Row
15% Peat Moss
5% Raw Dry Wall (fine crush)

1 oz Red Hemlock Bark (60 min)
.5 oz Copenhagen snuff (5 min)

Ferment with Baking Yeast is open Home Depot Bucket at Room Temps.

80% 2 Row
15% Peat Moss

Your Truth recipe looks good for that style. Just keep in mind how much the peat moss is going to absorb and adjust your volume. Also think about dry dipping with another .5 oz of Copenhagen to really bring out the Truth and fermenting in a spittoon if you have one. Let us know how it turns out.

80% 2 Row
15% Peat Moss

Hmmm never thought to add some wintergreen or mint copenhagen before, must google this

80% 2 Row
15% Peat Moss

What water are you using? Stagnant pond water or rain puddle water should be a choice true to the early methods.

90% malt'd barleys (6LVB)
30% coarse barley
my yeast.
10grammes bines

no boil, wait 4 weeks then sieve
bottle

thnk me l8r. ;)

After reading about this true beer, I feel I need to toss all my hops (several pounds) into the compost pile and dig up my hops that I have been growing for the last two years and get rid of them! Everything I have learned from here, podcasts, books and magazines was for nothing! I feel the urge to PM the OP and hopefully be worthy enough to join his or her (we don't know for sure if FredtheCat is male or female so I don't want to assume anything) get together to learn more of this truth. I hope to see the light more clearly if I can join this group!

I do have a question though regarding this True Beer. Should I be doing an open fermentation in a Lowes or Home Depot bucket near the kitty litter box? I'm sure my cat could kick up some natural yeast for the True Beer. I feel this may be the missing piece of True Beer, but I think with the name of FredtheCat would know the truth on this question for the True Beer! OP, please let us know if this is a key part of making True Beer.

TrueBeerFredtheCat.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back