you still use hops in your beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
dude, that isn't even your pic! You pulled that off of pintrest.

Anybody can right click that image and google search it. If you want to actually post a genuine pic, do so. It's easy to cross reference if you don't.

that picture is of a founders all day ipa clone homebrew recipe. apparently even you can't visually discern a true beer from non! You do know what hops are, don't you? Do you even make beer?
snap!!!!!

Dude, that isn't even your pic! You pulled that off of pintrest.

Anybody can right click that image and google search it. If you want to actually post a genuine pic, do so. It's easy to cross reference if you don't.

That picture is of a Founders All Day IPA Clone HomeBrew Recipe. Apparently even you can't visually discern a true beer from non! You do know what hops are, don't you? Do you even make beer?

That is all just a conspiracy by Founders to sabotage Fredthecats launch, and stop the world from seeing the truth.

Think about it who has something to lose when true beer is revealed??? Founders!!

I will not subscribe to this dubious fake news... I have seen the truth.
True beer with see its glory

How dare you?! Fredthecat (PBUH) had opened our eyes to the glory of True Beer (TM) and you choose to blaspheme Him with talk of Pinterest! There is one beer but True Beer (TM) and Fred is its prophet.

Fred willing, I will martyr myself for The Cause. Deth to false beer!

Come brothers! We must burn all the hops as a sacrifice to True Beer!

How dare you?! Fredthecat (PBUH) had opened our eyes to the glory of True Beer (TM) and you choose to blaspheme Him with talk of Pinterest! There is one beer but True Beer (TM) and Fred is its prophet.

i would not condone violence. but some people may get hurt for True Beer. Warning.

This is a barley roasted True Beer in that pic. tastes great.

ive been getting a surprising number of messages from HBT members inquiring about my true beer methods and at least 4 have agreed for a meetup in the near future as they are convinced.

let me know if you want more information on True Beer Brewing.

ive been getting a surprising number of messages from HBT members inquiring about my true beer methods and at least 4 have agreed for a meetup in the near future as they are convinced.

Like a date? Count me in! True beer (TM) = True Love.

And so shall we consume the Sacred Beverage in unison, as we cast aside our earthy bodies to commune with True Beer (TM) in the Afterlife. Amen.

This true/real beer is called Pilsner.

image.jpeg

I'm still not convinced. I can take a picture of a beer and post it on hbt too. Recipe or that's a quadruple dry hopped triple IPA

Looks like apple juice with a little foam on top.

But who knows? Maybe it's really a picture of his beer. And in keeping with truth-in-internet laws, here's a picture of me:

mongoose33.jpg

Dubious at best

You don't need to lie to make friends

Who wouldn't be convinced of your True Beer making prowess given your exemplary display of brewing knowledge on this thread.

I believe there have been a few people that thought this thread could use any information about "True Beer". Where's that recipe you were going to post?

Pathway to True Beer Awareness:

- Ridicule
- Violent Opposition
- Total Acceptance Believer

I have reached Malty Nirvana, :)

In times of persecution like this we all must ask ourselves, What Would Fred Do?

Stay True friends, and let us all share our truest proof of the truest of beer!

True(tm).jpg

Won't you need something to offset all that gypsum? We all know hops are out of the question.

Well I'm a newbie...just bought some "aged sun-dried drywall " at Lowes, totally forgot about offsetting that bitterness...what to add, what to add

Well I'm a newbie...just bought some "aged sun-dried drywall " at Lowes, totally forgot about offsetting that bitterness...what to add, what to add
I see you are a 2016er. According to FtC you have that working against you. Though you seem to have an open mind so I believe you are capable of True Beer(TM).
Try mashing your drywall and adding some base grain as drywall will not convert on its own. Good luck and report back.

I see you are a 2016er. According to FtC you have that working against you. Though you seem to have an open mind so I believe you are capable of True Beer(TM).
Try mashing your drywall and adding some base grain as drywall will not convert on its own. Good luck and report back.

Dammit. I'm a 2016...i don't stand a chance

Dude, that isn't even your pic! You pulled that off of pintrest.

That picture is of a Founders All Day IPA Clone HomeBrew Recipe. Apparently even you can't visually discern a true beer from non! You do know what hops are, don't you? Do you even make beer?

A forensic photo analyst you're not. That is actually the picture of Troegs Perpetual IPA Clone (at the same link.)

Brew on :mug:

All silliness aside, I would like to ask a legitimate question of the OP:

Who/what defines "true beer" as before hops were used?

Using that logic, one could just as easily say that "true" beer is before malt was used, or even grains at all (in which case, "true beer" would actually be mead or wine).

I'm not knocking the practice of brewing older styles of beer, but using the name "true" beer is not only undeservedly arrogant, but also entirely arbitrary.
Whoever coined the phrase "true beer" just picked an arbitrary point in brewing history and said that the practices and ingredients at THAT PARTICULAR point in time was when beer was "true", and anything before that wasn't beer, and anything that evolved afterward was some sort of newfangled imposter.

I don't think that there's any way around the term "true beer" being a marketing term and nothing more.

Next time try Home Depot i get more orange when i use it in my beers...

Also my next attempt at True Beer i am brewing an extract batch and instead of using hops I’m going to squeeze the steeping grains, you know, to release all those delicious tannins

Next time try Home Depot i get more orange when i use it in my beers...

Also my next attempt at True Beer i am brewing an extract batch and instead of using hops I’m going to squeeze the steeping grains, you know, to release all those delicious tannins

You think you can make a true beer with extract....the blasphemy

EDIT: My apologies sir...i did not see you were a 2012'er....

I'm brewing my first true beer tomorrow...still don't know what it is other than steeping some drywall in a pot, but I'm in

It has often been argued that the most important ingredient in any beer is the water, since it makes up 95% of the final product. In the case of True Beer (tm), only the finest mallard water will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back