Quantcast

YABC-Yet a Brew Controller: BrewManiacEx

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

pbezza

Reaction score
Since updating, I've been having connection issues where I can't connect at all via my router or directly to the AP (192.168.4.1). The page times out. I started from scratch, erased flash and re uploaded the 0.49 bin file and now have another problem. I am presented with the below page but when I click update, I get a "errror:connection refused" message. I tried ticking the 'Fresh install:Format SPIFFS and download all" option but after it formats, I get the same error. I tried reflashing again but get almost the same page but there is nothing under 'HTML/Javescript version: 0'. I reset the esp8266 but now can't bring up this page at all. Am I missing a step?
1598056342444.png

pbezza

Reaction score
Just got it working again using PlaformIO and the full interface is available but after resetting the esp8266, I can't connet to it any more. The blue led on the esp8266 is flashing roughly twice a second.

pbezza

Reaction score
I have been writing blank bin files to the entire address space prior to flashing again. Keep running into issues. Brewflasher doesn't have an option for BrewmaniacEX

Bigdaddyale

Reaction score
I have been writing blank bin files to the entire address space prior to flashing again. Keep running into issues. Brewflasher doesn't have an option for BrewmaniacEX
There are a couple of steps that you need to follow - All you need BF for is to completely erase the esp8266 and get rid of the old wifi stuff- then use your normal program to load the .bin files

pbezza

Reaction score
Ok thanks for that. Much easier to wipe flash that way. Still no luck. I can access the gui after flashing via PlatformIO and after I configure the access point to connect to my router I can access it via the static IP. As soon as the esp8266 is reset one more time, it is no longer accessible with the blue LED flashing roughly twice a second.

This is what I see in the serial monitor:

ets Jan 8 2013,rst cause:2, boot mode:3,0)

load 0x4010f000, len 1392, room 16
tail 0
chksum 0xd0
csum 0xd0
v3d128e5c
~ld

Last edited:

pbezza

Reaction score
Is there a bug in the firmware regarding WiFi?
I just reflashed via ESP8266Flasher.exe again and set a static IP in my router instead of the brewmaniacex gui and after that I selected update now under 'HTML/Javescript version' and it updated without any errors. It is also still working perfectly after 10 power cycles.

khannon

Guy who really knows where his towel is.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
The esp8266 has 4M or 16M(pro version) of flash. Web server, db for loging and pages for UI. Hard time filling 256k???? Bet he's into a couple meg.
it's the libs that kill you. nothing is written anymore to conserve memory.. Sad that those of us who cut their teeth on 4-8(expensive)k of ROM get back into some of these boards and (I guess I'm grateful for those that do the low level $#!+ these days..) find that nothing is done without .5-2M of space, maybe we need to go back to 7bit bytes?
4-16M of space is a lot.. don't waste it..
(yeah, oldish guy here)

Reaction score
I'm about to start ordering parts for the pcb and I'm wondering about the phoenix contacts. Am I correct in assuming that any old phoenix contact with a 5.08mm pitch will work?

RollE2k

Reaction score
I think i may have som v1.1 boards, i have to check tomorrow. Cannot remember what the changes was to 1.11 though. Probably som small error just. So long since i built my two boards.

you are also based in Sweden, if so i can probaby send you a board for a small fee. drop me a pm.

Latest posts