WLP075 Hansen Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
White Labs should have a rule that allows release if orders get this close and sit for for some length of time. If just 5 brewers bought 2 vials each we'd be on our way! (Y'all didn't know I was a math wizard did ya?)

I'd probably buy another if I knew this wasn't shipping in June/July.

Honestly not psyched about the one I already bought as I doubt it's going to get to me in a super viable form.

I want this yeast but not looking forward to having to do a 2 maybe 3 step starter.

Hopefully others from past vault orders that have received in Florida can prove me wrong.

I just pick an expired one up in January for 3.00 because it was expired

Does Hansen form a tight yeast cake (tighter than 1056) at the bottom of the bottle like the English yeasts?
I wish I could answer this but I never really gave it much of a look. I don't recall it being any different than the Chico strain but I honestly can't tell you one way or the other. Maybe try to email WL. The few times I have, they did get back to me.

Well, I said if it got down to 2, I'd buy 2 more so 3 were left and I grabbed 2 more for a total of 4 so I left 1 pack. Who wants to be the one to take it down to zero?
Then I have to ask, how long will it take before it's released and shipped? I can't recall how long it took last time but I think it might have been almost 2 months but I hope that's not the case. We should all send an email asking them to feed the yeast some Popeye Spinach to help if grow faster.
(Anyone old enough to remember Popeye?

WOO-HOO! We did it!!! Thanks to everyone that stepped up and helped release this yeast.

upload_2019-5-14_6-17-58.png

Got a response from WL with regards to tightness of the yeast cake, not really a clear response, but I did find some older HBT posts stating the sediment is pretty tight. Just don't want a loose slurry like WLP001.

White Labs ([email protected]) <[email protected]>

May 13 at 8:07 PM

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out. The WLP075 is a blend so the components are all going to have different "character" if used for bottle conditioning. I would imagine a yeast cake with some solid consistency would be formed with 075 however. While we cannot give away the different components in the blend, one of them is very flocculent.

Have a good night!

RUSSELL KREINDEL
Customer Service Representative
White Labs
CUSTOMER SERVICE (888) 593-2785
FAX (858) 693-1026

I'm betting it's late June or early July before we see the yeast ship. I honestly don't know how long it takes them for the process of growing the yeast to packaging and I will try to be patient but I am concerned about the heat.

i am not too fearful of this - i will be mothering my vials anyways so i will be over building (even though this may throw the strain ratios off). you can poke around the forums and there are several members that reported their vials showing up - room temp or slightly warmer - and still being viable. as always YMMW

i am assuming mine will show up warm. they will be atleast sitting on my doorstep for several hours before me or the lady is home. This is my first vault shipment so i will try to remember to post up my package temps upon receipt and the starter results.

So it may be possible to get notified of the delivery date via the informed delivery program. Never used it, hopefully it is better than the old useless tracking system. These are shipping from CA per the site, I believe, should have a day or two heads up from everyone out west posting the good news of their yeast arriving, as I'm sure will happen.

https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

Well, I said if it got down to 2, I'd buy 2 more so 3 were left and I grabbed 2 more for a total of 4 so I left 1 pack. Who wants to be the one to take it down to zero?
Then I have to ask, how long will it take before it's released and shipped? I can't recall how long it took last time but I think it might have been almost 2 months but I hope that's not the case. We should all send an email asking them to feed the yeast some Popeye Spinach to help if grow faster.
(Anyone old enough to remember Popeye?
Somehow, I'm getting 6 though I only ordered 2, twice. They emailed me 3 separate charges of 2 each with different order numbers. I checked my emails and I did only order 4 but it's not a huge deal. Except, now I have to make sure I use all 6 of these ASAP.

Back