WLP001 washing question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bartman

Reaction score
Brewing an imperial with an est OG of 1.085. Next up a more imperial with est OG of 1.100. With the proper size starter will the yeast be ok for the second round?
Thanks

I don't understand the question.

The Sierra Nevada Cali. ale yeast (WLP001, Wyeast 1056) is high alcohol tollerant and very versatile. Wyeast lists tollerance at 11%, I suspect it will go further with little problem. As with all yeast, if you make the proper size starter and the wort is prepared properly, the yeast should perform up to specs?

Brew on my friend:mug:

You'll be fine. For best results, rack beer off yeast then rack fresh brewed wort onto yeast cake. Make sure blow off hose is in place and not airlock.

Should have been more specific with my question. I was concerned about stressing the yeast.

I doubt it'll be stressed, you'll be fine. I've done a 1.085 beer and used the yeast again for something a little weaker and it was fine.

Latest posts

Back