where to drink beer in Prague?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

400d

Reaction score
ok, I will go on vacation this year in Prague. I need your advice on some cool places with good beer.

I would like to try the best :D

has anyone of you ever been there? or maybe there are some home brewers from czech republic who could help me with this.

I go by car, so I can get where ever I want.

I thought of spending one night in Budejovice....

thank you!

http://www.europeanbeerguide.net/czecintr.htm

You should go to U Fleku just to say you did, if you can stand a ton of smoke. It is pretty much all tourists.

I like Pivovarsky Klub a lot. It is a beer bar (American style). The same people own Pivovarsky Dum which is a brew pub, also good.

Might as well get unfiltered Pilsner Urquell. You can just walk around and find a place serving it (look for Tankvar).

ok, thank you very much. I think I'll go to Plzen as well. What's there to see related to beer?

ok, thank you very much. I think I'll go to Plzen as well. What's there to see related to beer?

Mostly the PU brewery. There is a restaurant there, you can get PU and Gambrinus beers and definitely get unfiltered PU. There is also a Bernard owned Restaurant serving most of their beers. Bernard was one of my favorite Czech breweries. Sadly I was in Plzen on Sunday when they were closed, but I got one of their beers draught and another bottled at Pivovarsky Klub.

If you hit Pivovarsky Dum (the brewpub) and like mead, they were serving an almong mead (medovina in czech) when I was there that I thought was outstanding. Pivovarsky Klub serves mead too. Those were good but I did not like them as well as the almond one.

Mostly the PU brewery. There is a restaurant there, you can get PU and Gambrinus beers and definitely get unfiltered PU. There is also a Bernard owned Restaurant serving most of their beers. Bernard was one of my favorite Czech breweries. Sadly I was in Plzen on Sunday when they were closed, but I got one of their beers draught and another bottled at Pivovarsky Klub.

If you hit Pivovarsky Dum (the brewpub) and like mead, they were serving an almong mead (medovina in czech) when I was there that I thought was outstanding. Pivovarsky Klub serves mead too. Those were good but I did not like them as well as the almond one.

ok thank you very much for the info. you were referring only to Plzen in your post?

Back