Hello from Northern California!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kornssj

Reaction score
I suppose I should introduce myself. I've posted a few times before requesting help but I'm a fairly new home brewer. Currently just brewed up a batch of Pale Ale which would be my 6th batch ever. You can see the video I have included of the yeast activity. That was day 2. Now I'm just working in keeping the temperature stable at 68 degrees.

I took a major hiatus from brewing so majority of equipment I have had to purchase again but it's been great spending money on my new old hobby lol.

Looking to pickup some great knowledge on this forum. Would love to be able to master a Belgium Saison next if anyone has advice.

Cheers!

Attachments

• 1000006002.mp4
    34.7 MB
Welcome from Missouri!

I entered "Belgium Saison" in the search function, and returned pages of posts. If you don't find what you're looking for, post a question. I'm sure someone will respond. Cheers!

Welcome from South San Francisco, the Industrial City. LOL. Seems we have a few somewhat local California folks here. We should try and coordinate a meet and greet at a local establishment sometime. Would enjoy meeting new folks and sharing info. Either way, enjoy the site, some great folks with some great info.

Welcome from South San Francisco, the Industrial City. LOL. Seems we have a few somewhat local California folks here. We should try and coordinate a meet and greet at a local establishment sometime. Would enjoy meeting new folks and sharing info. Either way, enjoy the site, some great folks with some great info.

Has living in SF become a challenge? or is South Side a little bit different? I basically don't drive my car into SF anymore. I don't want my windows broken again.

But a get together sounds like a really good idea. There are some great spots that we could hold a small conference. Let me think about how we can organize this and maybe I'll post to see who else is interested.

Has living in SF become a challenge? or is South Side a little bit different? I basically don't drive my car into SF anymore. I don't want my windows broken again.

But a get together sounds like a really good idea. There are some great spots that we could hold a small conference. Let me think about how we can organize this and maybe I'll post to see who else is interested.
Actually I am in South San Francisco, south of Daly City and North of San Bruno. Unfortunately San Francisco has become, in my opinion, a very dirty place to visit. I used to love going to the small venues to see concerts, Warfield, The Filmore, Slim's. But it has gotten to be such a dirty and dangerous place to be that I hate going into San Francisco anymore. The last time I went to The Warfield with my son, I saw two fights, homeless shooting up on the street and one guy taking a crap right in the middle of the sidewalk. I advise anybody who is thinking of visiting not to. There are so many nicer places to visit in the area that San Francisco is at the very bottom of my list of attractions for Northern California.

As far as a meetup, I was thinking of maybe a local beer place like say Russian River or something between us all. Not sure what is in the Dublin area or in the area where you are, but something where it is not a huge drive for anyone would be pretty cool in my mind. I'll have to look around and see what I can find. Rock On!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually I am in South San Francisco, south of Daly City and North of San Bruno. Unfortunately San Francisco has become, in my opinion, a very dirty place to visit. I used to love going to the small venues to see concerts, Warfield, The Filmore, Slim's. But it has gotten to be such a dirty and dangerous place to be that I hate going into San Francisco anymore. The last time I went to The Warfield with my son, I saw two fights, homeless shooting up on the street and one guy taking a crap right in the middle of the sidewalk. I advise anybody who is thinking of visiting not to. There are so many nicer places to visit in the area that San Francisco is at the very bottom of my list of attractions for Northern California.

As far as a meetup, I was thinking of maybe a local beer place like say Russian River or something between us all. Not sure what is in the Dublin area or in the area where you are, but something where it is not a huge drive for anyone would be pretty cool in my mind. I'll have to look around and see what I can find. Rock On!!!!!!!!!!!
There's always Oakland... I would say Ghost Town would be a great place... awesome brewskis too

There's always Oakland... I would say Ghost Town would be a great place... awesome brewskis too
I was looking at San Leandro too. One of my coworkers ex wife works at Drakes I think. 21st Amendment has some good stuff too. Would be fun to give it a go. I would host, but my place is not really set up to entertain and have a brew day.

I would happily meet up in Santa Cruz (Sante Ardairius, or similar)
I think there is a brewery there as well. I seem to remember a coworker bringing me a really good Pils from there. I have to look it up. MIght be a bit of a drive for the Pinole and Dublin guys though. I would for sure find a room somewhere as driving home from there to the Peninsula is rough sober so a few in would be really bad. LOL

I think there is a brewery there as well. I seem to remember a coworker bringing me a really good Pils from there. I have to look it up. MIght be a bit of a drive for the Pinole and Dublin guys though. I would for sure find a room somewhere as driving home from there to the Peninsula is rough sober so a few in would be really bad. LOL

Oh geez, you're right. I figured an hour to Santa Cruz for me would be about the same for Pinole area, but I'm wrong. It's two hours for them.

Perhaps somewhere in the San Jose area is a good in between; although, admittedly everyone would be coming south literally just for me, lol. Soooooooooooo there's that.

Back